What bat to use for the cages?

GrizcoN

The Rookie
I was wondering what to use for a bat in the cages. Should you use something that is close to your game bat or does it really not matter.

GrizcoN

The Rookie
I've been using a wood bat for now till I figure out what game bat Im going get. Plus with the wood the sweet spot is smaller so I figure it will make me drill the ball better with a metal bat.

klu

on the mound
Good question... I'm assuming ur talking about the ****ty yellow dimpled cage ball? I had bought a worth wicked lead pipe to swing. is it bad to swing composites in there or will it kill the bats? l

GrizcoN

The Rookie
I used to have a thunderstick that my younger brother and I would soft toss wiffle golf balls for practice. If you can hit those with a t stick your eye hand coordination is point on.

franknwhit

Game on!
Wood for cage. If you can hit the SS with wood makes a lot nicer with gamer. Bought the Worth Wood Toxic for cage works nice. It's 28 oz and use 27 oz composite for gamer.

GrizcoN

The Rookie
Good question... I'm assuming ur talking about the ****ty yellow dimpled cage ball? I had bought a worth wicked lead pipe to swing. is it bad to swing composites in there or will it kill the bats? l

How about a Anderson Nanotek up against those dirty yellow dippled cage balls? Or any other expensive single wall bat since that's what Ill be purchase. (once I find out all my three league rules)

raphtze

Addicted to Softballfans
easton cyclone sk38 30oz here. used to use a 28oz easton scn4 stealth comp+ until it started to click. the barrel portion near the connexion has started to have hairline cracks. every now and then use the scn6 but that's the gamer. have used a wood bat (rawlings 182) until i cracked it on those nasty dimpled balls. the cyclone isn't anything fancy, but it's a step up from the hammer. and if you hit it hard enough, hell, it might surprise a few guys if you bring it to the game. don't think i would put any more cage work on my game bats--just the cheapy cyclone gets the job done. met some folks last friday, and homeboy had an old skool easton black magic 34" 35oz beasty. i think i pulled a muscle swinging that (haha j/k)....but when i connected, it crushed the everlasting sh*t out of the ball.

-raph

hydro1

Addicted to Softballfans
i use my new bats to break them in, other than that i use demo bats from behind counter get to try stadium,scott brown baumgardner 98 etc whatever is new guy has

Mr. Roper

Addicted to Softballfans
34 oz cyclone. game bat is 26-28. like the heavier bat at the cages. cyclones are cheap and can take a beating.

slamit93

<font color="#CC0000">SBF Fund Donor</font>
I always either swing my gamer, or my backup which is always the same bat as my gamer until it is broken in enough to be a gamer

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Do those yellow batting cage balls damage composite bats more than game balls?

I'm talking about these, they seem to have real weight but are slightly softer than a leather ball.

dimpledBalls.jpg

sct9680

Addicted to Softballfans
Do those yellow batting cage balls damage composite bats more than game balls?

I'm talking about these, they seem to have real weight but are slightly softer than a leather ball.

dimpledBalls.jpg

I've been wondering about this also... For some reason the dimpled balls will void the warranty on worth bats. I don't really understand why.

srv2 in the cage for me.