What Kills your teams?

john3906

Starting Player
team is too polite. no one get's on each other for making bad decisions or helps coach each other. other team puts up 10 unearned runs because of errors and everyone walks back to the bench smiling at each other while the reach for cigs and a bud.

cwall282

Star Player
friendship. we can't seem to cut dead weight because we're "friends".

Oh my god I hear that. I think we are going to cut 2 of our top 5 players next year just to get rid of all the "friends, that have been here since the beginning" scenarios.

fun3size

Star Player
i would have to say for ours, it's mental errors. the players have it in them to catch, hit and what not. but sometimes they don't mentally get it. or don't mentally put their all into it. therefore a lot of what they do is half assed.

kinda sucks.

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER
extra guys decide to show up whenever they feel like it, don't tell anyone so we have 13 on the roster and then bud into our normal lineup because they think they are entitled to play because the work for our sponsor.

holythread_res_batman.jpg

redwards92

Addicted to Softballfans
haha well for league games and stuff my team(coed) sometimes(a lot of the time) just has a bad night at bat and we lose or it's bad defense decent bats but we lose. . .

for my tourney team it is DEF drinking to much before second and third games in a day.

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
extra guys decide to show up whenever they feel like it, don't tell anyone so we have 13 on the roster and then bud into our normal lineup because they think they are entitled to play because the work for our sponsor.
You let them butt into the lineup? Who cares if they work for the Sponsor. It's real easy to tell people, "You'll make us forfeit the game since you aren't on the original roster. Sorry."

The blow up inning. Other team scores a few runs and everyone becomes the suck.

Yeah our team likes to build on each others errors. An error in an inning, oh well. But when you have 3 or 4 in an inning, it's practically over. Oh, and my pitcher can suck something fierce sometimes too. If he's in his head too much, we're done for in that inning. I then go in and make him catch.

cjangeloni1986

Addicted to Softballfans
My captain bats 14 batters with the last 4 to 5 batters being dead weight most of the time. Negativity also kills a teams mood and confidence.

eHall

Base burglar
Scoring less runs than the other team is why we lose.

Other than that we play NSA D and have been giving the others team an average of 6 runs per game due to the progressive penalty. We gave a team 10 last weekend and lost 11-7. We scored 5 in top of first. We could have struck out every batter the rest of the game and still won.

strosfann

Addicted to Softballfans
Weak pop ups and not keeping the force intact with our outfield throws. Lack of OF speed and weak throwing arms don't help either. Come to think of it our revolving attendance holds us back as well. While I'm at it we seem to walk to many guys that are the back of the opposing teams order.

Damn! How do we ever win a game!

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
our infield suffers just from the TALK of shaved sticks. whether the other team is swinging glass or not, if someone brings it up, our infield starts to flinch on every pitch, misplaying easy hops, etc..

our defense is good too. we win most games defensively. not necessarily scoring more runs than the other team, but allowing less runs than the other team (if that makes any sense). but talk of shaved bats spooks our infield EVERY time. drives me nuts.

vlcmstn_az

Manager
Yeah our team likes to build on each others errors. An error in an inning, oh well. But when you have 3 or 4 in an inning, it's practically over. Oh, and my pitcher can suck something fierce sometimes too. If he's in his head too much, we're done for in that inning. I then go in and make him catch.

Sounds like you play on my team. Sucks something fierce.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
Weak pop ups and not keeping the force intact with our outfield throws. Lack of OF speed and weak throwing arms don't help either. Come to think of it our revolving attendance holds us back as well. While I'm at it we seem to walk to many guys that are the back of the opposing teams order.

Damn! How do we ever win a game!

i assume you play infield?

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
Defense by far and away. A lot of that comes from a lackadaisical attitude in the field.