what ounce do you prefer

deKilla

Coach
I have no problem swinging a 30 or 26 oz bat, balanced or end loaded. 28oz, is the most comfortable weight for me to swing that I can either drop a bomb with or hit for average.

BlueJacket

Addicted to Softballfans
Depends on the feel of the bat. A 26.5oz Worth is just right for me, but I do swing 26 or 27 also.

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Been using 27 FL since I started and I love the feel. At a tourney hr derby a few weekends ago where you could use any bat but you had to leave it for others to use and was amazed at the amount of big guys using 26 ozers.

DoctaJ

The Veteran
28 and 30, I'm not a BIG guy (6'1" 190lbs) but I feel like I am more confident with a heavier bat in my hands.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Still swinging my 29.4 oz PST R&B for the most pop especially with the new 52/300's.

If tired I will swing my 27 oz but nowhere near the performance of my R&B

matte22

Addicted to Softballfans
what oz.

26oz. balanced.jis feels right.as far as beer goes.22oz. cuz it tastes goooood.and is my number.:D

Mont 25

Addicted to Softballfans
Swing a 30 Oz. endload; swinging lighter weights have a tendacy to throw my timing off. However, when I started playing there were 35 Oz. bats available. I am sure you can adjust your swing over time to swing lighter. If your bat speed or control aren't impacted, the heavier bat will increase distance and or pop.

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
28FL's - BUT also have a few 30FL's - for some reason when I'm either tired at the end of a 3 day - or - if I am wig wagging the 28's and not nutting the ball I go to the 30's and for some reason that pulls me out of it pretty much 100% of the time. My guess is it slows everything down a bit or just enough to regain control over whatever it is at the moment I've got out of sync.....sometimes it could be mid second day and I'll go to the 30 and switch back down again for the 3rd day......sounds backwards but works for me....

blakcherry329

28oz end-loaded or 30oz balanced. If I go lighter, I have a tendency to over swing and pop up. Plus with the heavier bats, it seems to feel like the ball travels a little farther. Probably just in my head. lol

MarlSrSoftball

28oz end-loaded or 30oz balanced. If I go lighter, I have a tendency to over swing and pop up. Plus with the heavier bats, it seems to feel like the ball travels a little farther. Probably just in my head. lol

No is not in your head. I have found the exact thing which is why I always end up going back to my 29 oz PST.

blakcherry329

No is not in your head. I have found the exact thing which is why I always end up going back to my 29 oz PST.

Yeah, when I try out my friends' 26oz bats, it seems like the bat is kind of bending on impact, absorbing some of the ball energy. As opposed to transferring it to the ball.
Then again, I don't cut the ball on a regular basis. So that probably has a lot to do with it.

jessie

Real solution #11
Used to swing 28s, then 27s, now 26s. All about comfort and control...26oz TM blackout is my current crush

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I prefer 28oz. I feel I have more control of where I hit. With that being said I have these 27oz bats ive been swinging but my theory behind that is I cant hit the ball out with a 27oz bat (I still do every now and then). When I need to hit a HR I swing my 30oz since I dont have any 28oz bats at the moment.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
I feel like a 26 bounces back a little back after contact...anyone else feel this?? I know its not actually bouncing back but just slowing down but that's how it feels....so feels too light.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
That's the exact reason I can't stand a 26 or lighter, too much kick back on the bat. 27oz end load is the minimum weight where I don't feel this as much.

goldglover79

Nc Vinci player rep
Dont all bats weigh the same without the endcap and rod in the handle? Witch would mean the only difference is the weight of the rod in the handle and enload of the cap. Im not seeing where that would increase distance and pop...

SoCalChappy619

Addicted to Softballfans
Optimum bat weight for an adult to hit the ball the furthest with highest exit speed is 19oz. It was proven on sports science. I used to only swing 27/28 oz bats be ause when I hit the 26oz bats I felt there wasn't enough mass/weight to drive the ball. It was all in my head and I was miss hitting everything and that's why it felt bad to swing lighter bats. People say you're not a man if you don't swing 30's. those people are dumb lol but it's all what you're comfortable with in you're hands and can wrap you're head around swinging.

softballin101

Addicted to Softballfans
At one point, I had 4 bats of all different weights, so I like to switch it up. Right now, the Utrip bat I have is a 26.5 endloaded bat. I prefer a 27 though

MarlSrSoftball

Optimum bat weight for an adult to hit the ball the furthest with highest exit speed is 19oz. It was proven on sports science. I used to only swing 27/28 oz bats be ause when I hit the 26oz bats I felt there wasn't enough mass/weight to drive the ball. It was all in my head and I was miss hitting everything and that's why it felt bad to swing lighter bats. People say you're not a man if you don't swing 30's. those people are dumb lol but it's all what you're comfortable with in you're hands and can wrap you're head around swinging.

Have to respectfully disagree. It is not in my head that I can't hit with a light bat.

I hit a lot of balls every day(100-150) with my WD and there is a diffident difference between my 27 oz PST and my 30 oz PST.

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
Dont all bats weigh the same without the endcap and rod in the handle? Witch would mean the only difference is the weight of the rod in the handle and enload of the cap. Im not seeing where that would increase distance and pop...

I'm going to bite/strike on this one because I think I believe this is a real post....

Well...since the swing takes place about as fast as a lightning strike or a heart beat a lot of things happen. Depending on your type of swing long/short/bat head out/bat head back/cut/power/place/line drive/bloop-place/front foot/load/sure I've omitted a few......you need a tool (bat) to refine your swing - whether you EVER find it or not is the question (personally I went from balanced to EL/FL twice - was convinced it wasn't right bought/sold a bunch of bats only to restock up and try again with the FL/EL and was glad I did - took almost a season of work) we all hit the ball but no two of us do it exactly the same. That little rod or that end load are what makes a big difference to a lot of players. Taking the time and having the "inventory" (personal arsenal/friends/BP buddies) and the ethic to "find" the right bat to do the job takes repetition and dedication. You CAN take a bat the "drags" through the zone and force it to make do...but once you find the bat that really fits YOUR swing then it all comes together.....so it depends on level and dedication (time) if you are serious about your game....if on a recreational level - yep - you're right - who cares/applies/tries/works/thinks about....it's just another something in a long list of fun things to do....no fault in that - just another mindset coupled with the attitude/knowledge/dedication of those in whatever level you are playing in.....for some it's picnic level - for others it's intense - the trick is to match your skill level with the correct level of your intensity and abilities (1-2-3-4-5 tool players - then define and challenge/raise skill levels).....