What would you do??

birm16

Nats Jersey IJS
Came back from the sports medicine doc today and my MRI shows that I have a torn labrum in my left shoulder. My question for everyone is if you had the chance, would you go to the best orthopedic surgeon in the state or a really good one. My doc said the surgeon in Las Cruces is very good, it's one hour away. The best in the state is in Taos, 5 1/2 hours away. Both accept my insurance. I chose the one in Las Cruces but am second guessing myself now after coming home and reading about he one in Taos.

What would you do???

are you left handed? is the main question.. i have had 2 shoulder surgeries on my throwing shoulder and both suppose to be best in area. shoulder surgery sucks and rehab is horrible. if its not your throwing hand i would just do therapy and try and strengthen your shoulder.. also the labrum tears in 3 spots which part did you tear?

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
are you left handed? is the main question.. i have had 2 shoulder surgeries on my throwing shoulder and both suppose to be best in area. shoulder surgery sucks and rehab is horrible. if its not your throwing hand i would just do therapy and try and strengthen your shoulder.. also the labrum tears in 3 spots which part did you tear?

No, it's my non throwing shoulder. My doc said if I didn't get surgery that it would never go away. He didn't say where it tore. Hopefully next week when I go see the surgeon, he'll tell me. I've never hurt any of my limbs before so I wasn't really sure what questions to ask.

baptism

bro, I work for a major orthopedic device manufacturer, Biomet Orthopedics. We also have a Sports Medicine division. Believe me when I tell you that not all surgeons are the same. I would go to the best. Not good, not OK, the BEST. I would even travel out of state if needed. Please take this advice seriously.

xbonesx

Coach
when i messed up my shoulder i went to the best in my area and my dad went to the other cuz two diffrent insurances and we had the same issue except mine was worse and my shoulder ended up better than his after so id take the best since it takes your insurance