What's the worst ASA bat

dsmccain

Addicted to Softballfans
As the title says, I need to level my skill with the competition. What's the worst?

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
It's why I went from Monsta to Miken. Now they're making some bats in 27oz again, but the whole "**** all of you lets go to 25oz everything because muh bat speed" mantra made me never want to do business with them again.

I don't swing Monstas and never will, but any bat company that takes this stance is idiotic. I actually did hit a few balls with one of those 25 oz Monstas. It was pathetically light.

Plus, I have zero desire to order a bat online and hope it shows up within 6 months. By that time I'll forget I ordered it and won't even want it anymore.

The worst composite ASA bat I've probably ever swung was the reveal. OMG they're BAAADDDD.

D-ROCK13

Never swung a monsta but I have swung a 25oz bat and don't understand the hype at all. I will say I was less fatigued after bp though. Easton reveal was absolute garbage for sure

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Miken vicious and green worth toxic, why I bought these no idea, both freaking tanks and great “base hit” bats me and teammates bped these for like 2 years with 44’s and never did they get soft, got better with like 3000 hits, but the only ones I ever saw good where either rolled/shaved

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Miken Freak Turbo trumps the Easton Reveal. You guys probably haven't heard of them, I think they were exclusive to a chain of Canadian stores. Composite outside an aluminum sleeve. They felt worse than the Reveal, there was not a spot on the barrel that didn't rattle your hands. Wood bat performance AND they were prone to snapping clean off at the handle. At least the Reveal had good durability. ;)

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
Miken Freak Turbo trumps the Easton Reveal. You guys probably haven't heard of them, I think they were exclusive to a chain of Canadian stores. Composite outside an aluminum sleeve. They felt worse than the Reveal, there was not a spot on the barrel that didn't rattle your hands. Wood bat performance AND they were prone to snapping clean off at the handle. At least the Reveal had good durability. ;)

this was the same as the Miken Nemesis.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Miken edge was actually a pretty good bat once broken in. It just needed more endload.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Miken edge was actually a pretty good bat once broken in. It just needed more endload.

I had an Edge. Every once in a while it would produce good distance, but most of the time it felt like crap. I liked the very short barrel concept, but the Edge simply wasn't a good bat. If Easton made a 10" barrel bat it would be a winner. Big endload too.

D-ROCK13

Miken edge sounds a lot like my Easton lx.0 dual stamp. A lot of people loved the lx.0, I absolutely hate it. Worse stingers I've ever felt even after 1000 hits, tiny sweet spot. Surprising pop every once in awhile.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Miken edge sounds a lot like my Easton lx.0 dual stamp. A lot of people loved the lx.0, I absolutely hate it. Worse stingers I've ever felt even after 1000 hits, tiny sweet spot. Surprising pop every once in awhile.

I have an LX0 and hate it too. Thing is, its still better than the Edge was. The LX0 is a great bat for keeping the ball in the yard when your team is out of HRs.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had an Edge. Every once in a while it would produce good distance, but most of the time it felt like crap. I liked the very short barrel concept, but the Edge simply wasn't a good bat. If Easton made a 10" barrel bat it would be a winner. Big endload too.
STS3 had a 10" barrel. Probably not what you meant.

It had a 10" barrel, of course it's SS was small. I never had any trouble finding it. Maybe it just fit me. We also broke my first one in in the very cold with a bunch of baseball players.

Joker

Miken vicious and green worth toxic, why I bought these no idea, both freaking tanks and great “base hit” bats me and teammates bped these for like 2 years with 44’s and never did they get soft, got better with like 3000 hits, but the only ones I ever saw good where either rolled/shaved

this was the same as the Miken Nemesis.

Freak turbo anyone ?

nope, you're the first to mention it

I don't fully understand this response, but are you stating that you saw a shaved Miken Vicious or Worth Toxic? ... Confused because they are both alloy.

Mike Bradley

Addicted to Softballfans
that green titan toxic bat sucked. durable yes. but gawt damn did it take forever to break in.

albin incenrator
mizuno techfire (the orange one)
louisville genesis (SB103)