When You See Something You Sold For Sale

gal419

I.B.E.W. Local 126
Does it bother you when you see something you sold go up for sale for considerably higher? Like $40 higher?

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
I think what makes me sour is I gave that person a deal so why can't they do the same.

Its happened to me many many times on here. Or I sell a bat and see it on Ebay, lol.....just gotta say whatever and move on.

jackjohn

Addicted to Softballfans
From a buyers standpoint it sucks also. I dont have a lot of money for softball related items. (3 kids will drain that fund pretty quick). So I look for a lot of stuff on here used and hope to get a good price. When some people take advantage of that to flip for a profit, it makes the sellers cautious. Are they selling to a bro who can really use the equipment, or someone looking to make a quick Buck. IMHO.

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
I just got a really good deal on 3 items. I am selling them for a profit, but still giving a good deal to board members... I have no problem with this.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
Only time I've ever been bothered was when the guy I sold it to used it for a few weeks, then decided he was going to sell cause he didn't like it. So he copied/pasted MY description and used MY pics.

doucher, and misled whoever bought the bat. I called him out and he deleted the thread

gal419

I.B.E.W. Local 126
Only time I've ever been bothered was when the guy I sold it to used it for a few weeks, then decided he was going to sell cause he didn't like it. So he copied/pasted MY description and used MY pics.

doucher, and misled whoever bought the bat. I called him out and he deleted the thread

Funny you say that. I posted in the thread asking if he didn't like what I sold him which was a few weeks ago and the next thing I see is a deleted thread.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Does it bother you when you see something you sold go up for sale for considerably higher? Like $40 higher?

I doesn't bother me, but not something I would do.

I have a friend who makes those statements all the time. "I should pick up that '06 Flex off of ___________________ for $260 and then flip it.", " I could roll that over for $350 easily...." In my head I'm thinking, "He's giving you deal because he's your friend and you'd do that?", but I don't...Just because it would not phase this man.

packerbacker796

Bi-Polar as they Come
It would bother me if it were something like what happened to Tom 15 a couple years back. Member when some guy kept begging at him to sale him 15 OG Extendeds for a team buy? Then said guy puts over half of them on sale at the Bay. I know a sale is a sale but when someone gives me the I really need this item speech then turns around and sales it I'd be a little mad.

Hacksaw34

Addicted to Softballfans
I only get mad when they resell the same bat with less hits and for more money. I can't stand liars

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
I sold a bro an OG Crush, sold it to him for $60.00 in good shape, then saw it on the bay for $130.00 about 3 weeks later. I only made $30.00 on the bat but since I got it from a dude on kijiji (canadian craigslist) for hwy robbery, I didnt care. Guy on my ball team works at PIAS and gives me used bats all the time for next to nothing and Ive sold em on here and the bay for a profit so meh whatever.

Jbird11

I'm 99% sure that I've sold something on here, and then bought it back for higher MYSELF... cuz I'm stupid, and addicted to buying stuff anytime I'm bored.

I started with 1 bat. Peaked at 95 or so, got it all the way back down to 2, and now back to about 45. So dumb.

BUT no, if I sell something, and someone else finds a way to sell it for more, than more power to them.... of course I wanna get the most I can for my stuff, but once my deal is complete, it's no longer my item, so do with it what you want, IMO.

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm 99% sure that I've sold something on here, and then bought it back for higher MYSELF... cuz I'm stupid, and addicted to buying stuff anytime I'm bored.

I started with 1 bat. Peaked at 95 or so, got it all the way back down to 2, and now back to about 45. So dumb.

BUT no, if I sell something, and someone else finds a way to sell it for more, than more power to them.... of course I wanna get the most I can for my stuff, but once my deal is complete, it's no longer my item, so do with it what you want, IMO.

lol SBF slogan #2 hahah

DrBigPapi

Addicted to Softballfans
It would bother me if it were something like what happened to Tom 15 a couple years back. Member when some guy kept begging at him to sale him 15 OG Extendeds for a team buy? Then said guy puts over half of them on sale at the Bay. I know a sale is a sale but when someone gives me the I really need this item speech then turns around and sales it I'd be a little mad.

Right? Total bs when this happened. If you sale something you sailed it. You never want to see the thing you sales being sailed at a higher price nah mean? I mean, if you wanted to you could sailed the stuff for more money and used it for a downpayment on a new saleboat or something.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Right? Total bs when this happened. If you sale something you sailed it. You never want to see the thing you sales being sailed at a higher price nah mean? I mean, if you wanted to you could sailed the stuff for more money and used it for a downpayment on a new saleboat or something.

Oh my lol's.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
This site used to be about hooking up board bros with great deals. If you bought something and didn't like it turn around and sell it to another board bro to try out. Give someone a deal on it and they would return the favor for either you or someone else. This place has gotten as bad if not worse than Ebay...

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
This site used to be about hooking up board bros with great deals. If you bought something and didn't like it turn around and sell it to another board bro to try out. Give someone a deal on it and they would return the favor for either you or someone else. This place has gotten as bad if not worse than Ebay...

Completely true....Also, I remember in the earlier days of SBF, brothers would just give things they no longer used to brothers....Hasn't happened here in a long time. It used to be about taking care of each other. Now it's about gettting all you can get, even if you have to **** a dude over. :(

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
If it is immediately up on here or eBay after they get it for significantly more, it kind of irks me, but what are you going to do? If it's been awhile, it doesn't really bother me, as I feel like at least they tried it and didn't just buy it to take advantage of a friendly good deal and flip it.

Completely true....Also, I remember in the earlier days of SBF, brothers would just give things they no longer used to brothers....Hasn't happened here in a long time. It used to be about taking care of each other. Now it's about gettting all you can get, even if you have to **** a dude over. :(

It does happen on occasion, just not often. I got a batpack, balls, and batting gloves free from a board bro when I was putting together a "softball care package" awhile back for my Best Man, who was just getting into softball. I also got 2 of my current bats from board bros after I had to drop out of the Anderson Secret Santa because of car/money issues. Wasn't here back in the day, but it seems like you can find pockets of guys that are still cool like things were back in the day.

Last edited:

DemPhenom

I think if someone is selling a bat they bought recently part of it may be that they bought it to try it and didn't like it, its the only way I am able to try different bats. If you see them selling it for more it doesn't necessarily mean that's what they are getting for it, if you sold a bat for say $120, the buyer then re sells it for whatever reason and posts it for $160, if someone offers $145 they'll probably take it, minus shipping, that whopping $40 difference shrinks to $10, doubt that, the motivation for buying the bat was to make a whopping $10. Like someone said sometimes it just a hobby to buy a bat, try it, sell it and buy another one.

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!

I hear ya, but I think at least some of that is due to the crap economy honestly.I still have had bros send me stuff for free or next to nothing, and great deals etc. And I have done this for alot of bros also. So there is SOME bros helping bros still.....

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
I think if someone is selling a bat they bought recently part of it may be that they bought it to try it and didn't like it, its the only way I am able to try different bats. If you see them selling it for more it doesn't necessarily mean that's what they are getting for it, if you sold a bat for say $120, the buyer then re sells it for whatever reason and posts it for $160, if someone offers $145 they'll probably take it, minus shipping, that whopping $40 difference shrinks to $10, doubt that, the motivation for buying the bat was to make a whopping $10. Like someone said sometimes it just a hobby to buy a bat, try it, sell it and buy another one.

Valid point, I usually list bats for about $15-20 more than I expect to get for them.