Where are all my STX peeps at?

lilrunte

Extra Hitter
not much to talk about right now... other than steel playing conference and threat breaking up there hasn't been much news

Just to make convo:

I decided to use a old small cam phone and case to use for a ghetto go-pro cam. I film a game in a free tourney that was to help umps in ASA mod. I mounted it on my RIP mask just to see if it would work and it didn't turn out to bad. As you will see because it was for fun (Recording) and the team I played for sucked for the exp. of 3-4 of us ..... It seemed cool to do at the time lol.

[ame]http://youtu.be/5DkTkYDQhK8[/ame]

lilrunte

Extra Hitter
what do yall think about the changing C in hooters to NIT? Seems like a desperation move since the new "retro rule" didnt force enough teams up this year... They need to start from the bottom up and change E

jwhites32

I really don't think there is a simple way to fix any of it. In the end 95% of teams will say they want to play with friends and that's why they play E or D. I don't really care if upper is ever 30 teams deep as I kinda like having 1 day tourneys and playing the best possible that weekend. If we could just get a legit 12 to 15 upper teams and still keep it 1 day then that will fix upper for the local events and the major ones get filled up anyway so no worries there.

As for E and D with the new HR rules and bump setup I think within a year or so it will be on fixed and most teams will play where they belong. There will always a few teams that figure out ways to play below a class or fix a team that is legal but still too good for the division they play in but that's just life.

I really don't think there is a simple way to fix any of it. In the end 95% of teams will say they want to play with friends and that's why they play E or D. I don't really care if upper is ever 30 teams deep as I kinda like having 1 day tourneys and playing the best possible that weekend. If we could just get a legit 12 to 15 upper teams and still keep it 1 day then that will fix upper for the local events and the major ones get filled up anyway so no worries there.

As for E and D with the new HR rules and bump setup I think within a year or so it will be on fixed and most teams will play where they belong. There will always a few teams that figure out ways to play below a class or fix a team that is legal but still too good for the division they play in but that's just life.

Agree ..... couldn't of said it better myself. I myself don't care where I play C,D,E I just play with who ever asks me. I enjoy playing better comp then anything but truthfully if their is drama I'm better off with a team that's half ok if they are having fun. To me E is the money maker so they wont change it to much more. If they start bumping to many teams and they start getting their butts kicked then they will stop playing and go somewhere else or better players will start playing with another E team. Then your back to sandbagging and less teams in E, means less money for someone.. Seems like homeruns is the only skill that dictates a players classification from the opinion of most. But that doesn't bump teams, its the points/power RK/Record system that does. A team could play a lot of small RR's, win them and get points go to a big tourneys and suck. No matter what if they go 33-8 or something like that they are going to get bump. Don't mean they are really good enough to play D but the system makes it look like that they should. What I'm trying to say is yes their is teams that do need to get bump but their are some that don't. I believe need to change the system on points and power rankings along with the rules of the game.

Last edited:

Riddle13

Addicted to Softballfans
Get rid of E locally like it was before 2008. Teams & players won't fold like everyone thinks. They will just move up. No money lost. Get us back to having 20+ teams in B/C. Do the elite list again if you have to. 1 elite player per D team. JMO

Last edited:

kgvv

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not sure what this softbally is you speak of. I havent played since WW, including league. Kind of nice. I personally think the retro rule is stupid. It just allow huch to control teams how he wants. He pretty much screwed all the HF guys by not allowing them to get reclassified as D. Were a few of them going to play D again together, probably, but it wouldnt be the whole team. Instead they have all pretty much retired. As for the HR rule in E, i think its kind of dumb. Hitting a HR with a stock bat isnt that hard to do. And just because you swing hard means you should move up? Seems odd to me. I'm with Nelson in that I play to have fun. Dropping $40-50 to go 0-2 with friends isnt that fun. I would be all for an open bracket. Just make the seeding completely random. hmm. Yeah I trust Huch with that.

I'm not sure what this softbally is you speak of. I havent played since WW, including league. Kind of nice. I personally think the retro rule is stupid. It just allow huch to control teams how he wants. He pretty much screwed all the HF guys by not allowing them to get reclassified as D. Were a few of them going to play D again together, probably, but it wouldnt be the whole team. Instead they have all pretty much retired. As for the HR rule in E, i think its kind of dumb. Hitting a HR with a stock bat isnt that hard to do. And just because you swing hard means you should move up? Seems odd to me. I'm with Nelson in that I play to have fun. Dropping $40-50 to go 0-2 with friends isnt that fun. I would be all for an open bracket. Just make the seeding completely random. hmm. Yeah I trust Huch with that.

Ya Karl im with you, nothing fun about going 0-2 or 0-3 and spending that money.

george

Addicted to Softballfans
hey guys im new to the Woodlands area..
looking toget a few hits in once and a while where do i find any local teams??

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans

I like playing on C teams that let me catch, bat .500 for the tourney, let me bat flip, and talk trash to opposing hitters while I catch.

Most importantly I like to drink cold beverages with alcohol infused into them..

BTW White_gt is the biggest sand bagger in the land...:bigok:

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
AND...I like one day tourneys...Plus to me it seems like D has gone straight into the gutter with fighting and "middle wars." Seems like I have always got along with most of the guys we play against in C...

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I like playing on C teams that let me catch, bat .500 for the tourney, let me bat flip, and talk trash to opposing hitters while I catch.

Most importantly I like to drink cold beverages with alcohol infused into them..

BTW White_gt is the biggest sand bagger in the land...:bigok:

Hey I play D now. Im not sandbagging. :bigok:

lilrunte

Extra Hitter
so why not have REC tournaments for you guys that "just want to have fun with friends?"

Make E straight rec division with no prizes and 4 games guarantees... then all of you claiming you are just there for fun can go and just have fun

think about that tho, you immediately get rid of the sandbagging to play with friend or play for fun. And the directors wont lose E ball they actually might gain more teams. Plus they wont be paying out prize packages

FUN to me is competing against the best...

--Jake 4 Prez--

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
so why not have REC tournaments for you guys that "just want to have fun with friends?"

Make E straight rec division with no prizes and 4 games guarantees... then all of you claiming you are just there for fun can go and just have fun

think about that tho, you immediately get rid of the sandbagging to play with friend or play for fun. And the directors wont lose E ball they actually might gain more teams. Plus they wont be paying out prize packages

FUN to me is competing against the best...

--Jake 4 Prez--

I think 4 game guarantees is a little excessive. I agree with the no prizes or maybe just a shirt. Give D a little better prizes like maybe a trophy. Make C pool play or a 3 game guarantee until more teams bump up. Use the money from the other divisions to pay for good prizes in C. The thing that hurts doing it like that is Hutch is a jew when it comes to that $$ and those tourneys in Beaumont and HSP that always give out "good prizes" will drive people away from the LSS tourneys.