Why does combat suck?

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Mikenmike - If Combat sucks so much, why don't you just swing Mikens ?
And you have to be a fool to buy bats from people who are not an authorized dealer. You Major guys always bustin up them bats in 25 cuts.

BRAIN

Rookie
Mikenmike - If Combat sucks so much, why don't you just swing Mikens ?
And you have to be a fool to buy bats from people who are not an authorized dealer. You Major guys always bustin up them bats in 25 cuts.

Technically everyone on here does this when they buy used bats. Yet somehow when they break them they return them with their "valid" receipts. I'm sure if you could find your fav bats at 1/2 cost you would buy them to. Anyone who says they wouldn't is lying. ;)

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
My Combat Afflicted is just fine... Maybe backing the mini-van over it wasn't such a good idea after all, huh?

coleman135

Lead Farmer Mother****er
I have two Combats the Derby Boys and the Gear Supremacy. They were both hot out of the wrapper. I swing my GS over my Miken MV3. I LOVE my Combats.

jmartinez

Combat, Easton, Mizuno, Demarini... whatever... you shave it, roll it... swing at your own risk. You spend money on a stick, you want to drop bombs, can't do it naturally so you alter stick to do so, it breaks, it's the **** not the stick. I say alter the attitude, not the stick.. and which ever you choose, will be good to you.

x2 on this!!

I played a team Sunday night that had two shaved sticks scn5 and a og extanded.. Last year with the same group of guys they had 10 home runs all year this year they had 37. I dislike people that cheat!! E players swinging shaved to make themselves feels like c players..

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
x2 on this!!

I played a team Sunday night that had two shaved sticks scn5 and a og extanded.. Last year with the same group of guys they had 10 home runs all year this year they had 37. I dislike people that cheat!! E players swinging shaved to make themselves feels like c players..

Played against a team last night with a guy who was 5'5 and no more than 150lbs that looked like he would have trouble lifting a paperweight that put it over twice in two games, Coincidence? I think not.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
IM SO TIRED OF GETTING THE SAME OLD FREAKIN BAT WITH LESS THAN PERFECT QUALITY. I BUY LOTS OF BATS TO TRY. I KNOW I BUY COMBATS FROM SOME GUY WHO SELLS THEM OUT OF HIS GARAGE AT HALF PRICE BUT THE BATS SUCK AND HAVE NOT CHANGED FOR YEARS I BLAME THE MANUFACTURER. I BROKE ANOTHER ONE AFTER 25 SWINGS AND NO WARRANTY SO THEY SAY? wtf? I HAVE HAD IT AND WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY ANOTHER REPAINTED PIECE OF GARBAGE FROM THEM AGAIN. BE A REAL COMPANY,MAKE A REAL BAT, HONOR YOUR WARRANTY:eek: NOT ONLY THAT THE KIDS BATS SUCK TOO MY KID BROKE HIS AND AS USUAL " OH THEY ARE NOT A AUTHORIZED DEALER " THEY SAID,WELL WHO IS? GARBAGE,KEEP THEM IN CANADA. I GUESS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
This made me lol. Turn the caps off son and go get a hug from mommy.

DSNuts48

Badass
IM SO TIRED OF GETTING THE SAME OLD FREAKIN BAT WITH LESS THAN PERFECT QUALITY. I BUY LOTS OF BATS TO TRY. I KNOW I BUY COMBATS FROM SOME GUY WHO SELLS THEM OUT OF HIS GARAGE AT HALF PRICE BUT THE BATS SUCK AND HAVE NOT CHANGED FOR YEARS I BLAME THE MANUFACTURER. I BROKE ANOTHER ONE AFTER 25 SWINGS AND NO WARRANTY SO THEY SAY? wtf? I HAVE HAD IT AND WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY ANOTHER REPAINTED PIECE OF GARBAGE FROM THEM AGAIN. BE A REAL COMPANY,MAKE A REAL BAT, HONOR YOUR WARRANTY:eek: NOT ONLY THAT THE KIDS BATS SUCK TOO MY KID BROKE HIS AND AS USUAL " OH THEY ARE NOT A AUTHORIZED DEALER " THEY SAID,WELL WHO IS? GARBAGE,KEEP THEM IN CANADA. I GUESS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

Cliff notes:

I am so tired of getting the same old freaking bat with less than perfect quality. I buy a lot of bats [to try them out]. I know I buy some combats from some guy, who sells them out of his garage, at half price, but the bats suck and have not changed for years; I blame the manufacturer. I broke another one after 25 swings, and no warranty they say?** What the ****! I have had it, and will never again buy another repainted piece of garbage from them again. Be a real company, make a real bat, and honor your Warranty. Not only that, the kids bats suck too as my kid broke his and as usual, "Oh they are not an authorized dealer, " Claimed [COMbat]. Well [then] who is? [The bats are] Garbage, keep them in Canada. I guess you get what you paid for.

**Some old English **** here

My response: More than likely you are buying NR bats at half price from a guy who shouldn't be selling them but is taking advantage of the situation. Buy from an authorized reputable dealer.

Darracq

I have swung some Combats during BP and I have yet to see one break. Even a Gear Supremacy takin out of the wrapper which has about 200-300 hits and is getting hotter! So quit buying altered!

I like Combat but they dont last for me, i have broke 3-4 plagues, a sbri, enhansed in less than 300 swings,

FRYLOCK16

I've used several COMbats as team bats in freezing temps with no issues with durability or performance, Dan Smith, Gear Supremacy, Gear Afflicted and a Virus Plague. All the bats are still going strong to this day. OP must really be a masher!! :rolleyes:

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I love getting half the story...OP, PM me your real name so that I can get the full rundown on what really happened from Combat.

You sound like the whiny ***** on Facebook who was complaining that Combat wouldn't honor the return on a NR little league bat (B1 or B2, I forget) that she bought used at a PIAS.

AveregeJay

Banned User
tugboat.jpg

I'm in there :)

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans

All of this negates you of any right you have to ***** at Combat so now we have to here it:mad:

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll put my Miken log (OG Freak) up against any of your Combats. ;)

But would you put up a 200 swing OG freak up against any Combat with 200 swings?
Mikens start out as logs, but open up great after 1000 hits or so. Combats only take 100-300 (and there are some that you don't need any).

Trogdor

God of SBF Poker
But would you put up a 200 swing OG freak up against any Combat with 200 swings?
Mikens start out as logs, but open up great after 1000 hits or so. Combats only take 100-300 (and there are some that you don't need any).

He wouldnt put it up against a 1st batch b1.

STOMPKIN

Stelio Kontos
I mashed an opposite field HR last night with some Black Virus Combat. I guess it is true, I can go yard with anything.

creative10

Banned User
It seems to me that combat is not the bat for u.......granted if ur getting them for 1/2 price which is pretty hard to turn down but u and a lot of people have had issues with combats durability. I myself have had issues but know that i cannot swing og jmacs or og supremacy's cuz i can break either of them in less then a 100 swings. The new gsr and darby boys sticks seem to b a lot better in the durability department...granted there not as hot out of wrapper but after some swings they r solid sticks. Just my 02 and my own personal experiences with combat.

hookumsnivy

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm curious...half the retail price, or half what the price guide says. Typically half retail is right around where the price guide says you can get them for on here (there are of course some exceptions)