Why would anyone do this?

CarlsbadDrew

Addicted to Softballfans
Damn... there are a lot of VAGINA'S up in here! Who cares what someone does to their bat externally, when you can achieve the same performance results from BP?

One of you ***s even tattled on a player to your LD? REALLY? Are you jealous? Stop crying already!

derickatm

Addicted to Softballfans

i see nothing outside of a persons opinion. i can quote 10 opinions to this 1 that say it helps.

"I have tested several bats that were broken-in with the Bat HammerTM and have detected a noticeable improvement in performance without the degredation in durability. "

this quote above is interesting though. doesnt' "degredation in durability" imply that the bat is broken in more?

all in all, your link is "i" this, and "i" that. i see no difference between your link and the "i hit 450' bomb" threads.

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
Sometimes it's fun to appreciate the idiots. At a tournament 2 years ago, I watched a guy take a Combat AV out of the wrapper, and start beating it against a tree. I mean he was taking full, all out hacks! After about 2 or 3 minutes of repeated beatings, there was a crack that sounded more like a boom than a thump.......Followed by a son of a *****!!!!! The dumbass broke his brand new, never hit a ball, AV before his first game. I say let the idiots be idiots! It's pure entertainment.

second2noone

batting practice takes forever to break in a bat. The mallet treatment let's you break in the bat evenly as you try to hit every spot of the barrell. Of course it's not the same force as hitting a batted ball. But it does accelerate the break in process of the bat.

LuckyMatthews

batting practice takes forever to break in a bat. The mallet treatment let's you break in the bat evenly as you try to hit every spot of the barrell. Of course it's not the same force as hitting a batted ball. But it does accelerate the break in process of the bat.

Yeah, well I take enough BP on my bats. To anyone who does not have time to properly break in a bat, send it my way and for the cost of shipping plus $5 per 100 hits, I'll gladly break in your bats too. Seriously.:cool::D

CountryFinacial

Addicted to Softballfans
why would

the umpire should have made him put the bat in the car and told the league director. and the Police for abuse..............

Peacock

DBOTY 2011
This came from a study done by a student comparing break in methods to composite bats.

Hammer/Mallet Treatment

The Hammer/Mallet technique is often used by players on their own bats. As the name implies it simply involves hitting the barrel of the bat with a hard rubber mallet, or a ball mallet made by fixing a softball to a handle. There is even a commercially available Bat HammerTM for breaking in bats. One strikes the barrel of the bat along the entire length of the barrel, and around its circumference. The strength of an impact that a player can impart with a rubber mallet is nowhere near the force of impact between bat and ball (unless you can generate several thousand pounds of force), so this technique does not cause damage to the bat barrel like the other techniques mentioned above. I have tested several bats that were broken-in with the Bat HammerTM and have detected a noticeable improvement in performance without the degredation in durability.

So basically unless you have the machine it does nothing.

Do you not understand English? He noticed that it WORKS.

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
saw a guy smashing his SCL1 against the corner of the dugout before a game last season. i pointed it out to the LD who turned his back and walked away. guy gets up to use it his first at bat and one of my guys says something to the blue about it. blue says because he didn't see it he can't do anything about it, never mind the huge white spots of delamination. might as well have a roller in the dugout; they're not going to do anything about it anyway.

why would you want this guy to swing another bat when he has in his hands possibly the worst composite bat ever. Id say swing away with that POS.

1st Baseman

Addicted to Softballfans
Mallet

I've seen people tap 2 bats together or even tap it on one of the metal posts for the fence, but never full out beat one with a hammer. That's just abuse. You might as well have the bat rolled. Atleast rolling doesn't leave huge scuffs.

I've seen people tap bats together; never seen anyone use a mallet but know a guy who does it an swears by it.

skew12

Jeebus, some of you are uptight as ****. You look like douche's running to the LD whining about bat mallets and people hitting trees or WTF ever. I know it's technically against the "rules," but damn. Play ball outside of softballfans.com....

Mudfrog

Addicted to Softballfans
It's been going on for a long time. Your able to work the whole barrel of the bat as if you were rolling. People used to do it all the time and yes it does work. Ever since rolling came out though you rarely hear about it because people generally do that instead.

LuckyMatthews

I still prefer that deep intimate connection made by wrapping my hands around that skinny little handle and beating the piss out of her with...............

REAL SOFTBALLS!!!! IJS, it really doesn't take that long to put 1,000 hits on ANY bat.

Bomber08

Addicted to Softballfans
I still don't understand how rolling a bat or using a mallet is considered cheating... Eventually the bat is going to get hot so what's the problem with not having the patience and speeding the process by rolling, etc?...

This made me laugh... Clever though! BRSPN...LoL!

Last edited by a moderator:

rlopezjr1977

King EUUUUPPPPP
I use a mallet at time as well but instead of a rubber mallet it is a softball. A buddy of mine made it for me. It is good to just work out some spots here and there but most of my breaking in is done from BP.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Since the conception of composite bats i have known guys to use a rubber mallet to break in their bats. Not for me as BP has always done the trick but whatever.

Donkeypuncher

Addicted to Softballfans
The lack of knowledge in here makes my brain hurt. Oh no there where scuff marks....boo who
Out all the jackassery out there this doesn't even make the list.
Btw I could swing a rubber mallet or a dead blow hard enough to break a crappy salvo.
Please stop referring to the salvo as a "hot stick" it is not true

slippuller49

Addicted to Softballfans
Retards.. That's like the thread with the dude hitting his bat against a tree... Bp does wonders for bats and ur game...

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
Situation normal. Move on. You guys have nothing better to do than whine about a mallet job. My god it's no real advantage over a ball.

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
Damn... there are a lot of VAGINA'S up in here! Who cares what someone does to their bat externally, when you can achieve the same performance results from BP?

One of you ***s even tattled on a player to your LD? REALLY? Are you jealous? Stop crying already!

This ^^^^^^^ Put your mangina away.

ballplayer13

Addicted to Softballfans
I know guys that use rubber mallets and oak trees but who cares cause when they break their bats I make money getting them new ones!

Adamal24

Never Settle™
On a related note. What the hell does it accomplish tapping 2 bats together? See this every night and still think its pointless.

Someone's getting their post count up.. you want into the exclusive lounge club don't ya Heath..