wooden bat help needed!!!

Playing in a wooden bat league this fall. This was our first time in the league and League supplies bats for games so we didn't bring any. Game time comes around and one of the league supplied bats had a visible crack and all but one of the other 5 sounded like they may have also had cracks in them. Long story short a want to buy a bat or two for the team to use and I need some recomendations. I have seen a bamboobat 2 pack for about 80, and a worth toxic for about 65. I know there are a ton of other option out there, any feed back on value, durability, and performance?

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
Toxic is good, the evil one is good. The toxic had a one year warranty when I bought mine but that was a few years ago.

tap2284

Watching baseball somewhere
If they don't have any on this site at the store :) go to any sporting goods store and buy a cheap $20 one. Its a wood bat....

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
If they don't have any on this site at the store :) go to any sporting goods store and buy a cheap $20 one. Its a wood bat....

This is good advice, just make sure it says official softball. Don't get a baseball bat and bring it. Our league was very particular about that.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Worth Toxic & Brett Bro's Thunder are ASA approved bamboo core/maple barrel wood bats for around $60. Can't go wrong with either of those. I'm still waiting for the Evil wood bat to get on the ASA approved list (once it's on their website I'll give it a try).
JJ

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
I'm a fan of the Toxic too. It swings fairly light and has a flexy feel. Good distance. I feel like it hits better than the Corndog as well.

Bamboo is a good wood for softball bats because it's durable and has a lot of flex to it. Not as rigid as maple. The Corndog has a maple barrel and is super stiff. I feel like the flexibility of the Toxic helps it propel balls better.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Toxic is good, the evil one is good. The toxic had a one year warranty when I bought mine but that was a few years ago.

Totally agree. If I remember right the basic difference was the Toxic was 28 oz and the Evil was 29 oz with a more familiar small knob.