Wooden Bat Softball Tourney

strone88

Addicted to Softballfans
So every year I have been playing in a wooden bat tourney and was hoping to get some feedback on the Top few "hot out of the wrapper:)" wood bat brands or types? Anything close to a 27oz out there?

strone88

Addicted to Softballfans
no joke wood is not wood

I was kidding on the hot out of the wrapper line but maybe someone who has hit played some decent wooden softball games with an X, Max or Phoenix bat could chime in that know the difference between a piece of crap wood bat and something that you can actually hit an ASA ball over a 300ft fence with.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
If you can consistently hit a composite 400-500 ft you will have no issue hitting a 300 ft homer with a wood bat, if you don't hit em that far I doubt you will get 300 ft out of any wood bat. I doubt you would see any major difference between an >$100 wood bat (X bat, Marucci) & a $50-$70 bat (Thunder, Easton, Worth, Evil Bamboom). I have a Brett Bro's Thunder and it works great. Personally I think the hybrid bamboo core/maple barrel bats such as the Thunder & Bamboom are the way to go, good balance between performance & durability.

And, as with all the various leagues out there, the type of ball used is going to have a significantly greater affect on your hits then the bat. The higher the core the better.

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
Just buy a Demarini Corndog. Its dual stamped 100% maple and has a composite handle.