Worth platinum dot BP softballs

bird25

34/30 Club #25
saw the store had these and was wondering if anybody has hit them. Love the spinners since they hold up to the early morning dew. So if these are just as good I was going to take advantage of the coupon tomorrow

Actually it says "unitac" rather than "protac".

"Molded, stitchless BP Ball" which is how they stand up to moisture, I guess Never heard or seen these balls anywhere until you pointed them out. Thank you.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw them when they released for one million dollars per ball. That's a bit of an exaggeration, but not that much for a purely bp ball.

chile

Bad Ape
Ordered a dozen to see how they stack up to the tattoos...Can't see why they wouldn't...but since they say they're safe for asa and usssa, I imagine they're "softer" than rockets and the green/yellow spinr bp balls?

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Still cant beat the OG Evil BP for the $$ And the BP 52 is the way to go if your concerned about breakage. Proven technology for years.

Have you done anything for the covers and water retention? I love the Evils but mine seem to retain water after a couple of rounds on a dewy morning

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
@$60 a dozen I dont see any reason to buy them over the Evil BP52. Especially since there are customers with the Evil BP in their bags for years without failure. Not to mention we showed 10 years ago our 2 color design was a benefit to working on your hitting.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Description of the ball is vague. No cor/compression listed. Looks like a clone of Tattoo's NX3.

Frankly, I think softball manufacturers should be making these molded balls a mainstream thing. They're vastly more durable than balls with regular covers and perform just fine.

Suckers are expensive though. No league is going to buy molded balls for what they cost now.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
We had molded samples made for Evil in the same factory and 1, they were too expensive to produce and 2, they were not as consistent as the current Evils being made. As I said for the cost difference there is no real benefit since the Evil Bp has proven over 10 years to be exceptionally durable.
Chil not really a detectable difference.

Last edited:

CootersTowing

pacific northwest south of the 49th
go with the tp2ooo if you're looking for a molded ball
s-l1600.jpg

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Description of the ball is vague. No cor/compression listed. Looks like a clone of Tattoo's NX3.

Frankly, I think softball manufacturers should be making these molded balls a mainstream thing. They're vastly more durable than balls with regular covers and perform just fine.

Suckers are expensive though. No league is going to buy molded balls for what they cost now.

I have tried the NX3 and Worth mentioned here. They seem harder then a 52 to me. Love our Evil BP52's which have held up for a long time but these molded balls not only feel harder they also seem to fly further. They feel hard enough that my buddy has a "Torch" (fragile) and I am waiting for him to show us it cracked at BP anyday now. I will also add that my buddy over cut (or endcapped?) one of these molded balls because the ball broke in half while in the air. Now he probably thinks he's "Bennie the Jet" Rodriguez.

AZCARD

We are looking for a safer ball for our league. We are a mostly 60-70 year olds league. We do have a few 50s. looking for a ball that would be a little safer, not quite as hot. looking to buy 5-6 dozen but don’t want to buy that many and not happy with the ball. What would be your suggestion? Was looking at 52/300. We have been playing with 44s

Projectcam

The Demarini Stone 52/300 has a soft cover but will still fly for your power hitters. It’s a much safer ball to play with compared to any .44. There is also 52/275 options out there for you guys.

Last edited:

ShortYellowBus

We are looking for a safer ball for our league. We are a mostly 60-70 year olds league. We do have a few 50s. looking for a ball that would be a little safer, not quite as hot. looking to buy 5-6 dozen but don’t want to buy that many and not happy with the ball. What would be your suggestion? Was looking at 52/300. We have been playing with 44s
Senior bats? If that's the case, 44/375 and senior bats is a fun way to ruin someone's day. Dangerous.

52/300 balls + ASA bats. Any ball.

If you want the performance to potentially still be there, 52/300 + USSSA bats.

Perhaps the unpopular extreme is to switch to reduced flight clinchers and ASA bats. Everyone might quit if you make them put the senior bats away.

AZCARD

Senior bats? If that's the case, 44/375 and senior bats is a fun way to ruin someone's day. Dangerous.

52/300 balls + ASA bats. Any ball.

If you want the performance to potentially still be there, 52/300 + USSSA bats.

Perhaps the unpopular extreme is to switch to reduced flight clinchers and ASA bats. Everyone might quit if you make them put the senior bats away.

Since we are mostly senior seniors we have unrestricted bats. Milken ultra etc. To much cost to make everyone get new bats. Appears that changing to a 52/300 is the way to go. Recommendations?