Worth Super Duper Pro Ms

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Anyone here hit these yet? They seem to be a new Worth ball made to compete with Dudley's Hard Core. The fields at Viera were nice enough to donate 9 of them to me.

The Super Duper has a soft, multilayer cover, just like the Hard Core.

I had 2 Super Dupers to try in BP. 1 Protac GSL Pro M, and 1 pro comp USSSA Pro M. The GSL ball has a better look to it, with way flatter seams. The pro comp ball has higher seams.

Long story short, the Super Duper Pro M is a fairly pale, weak-performing imitation of the Hard Core. They're nowhere near as hard, and don't have a whole lot of zip off the bat. Even in 45 degree weather they felt a hair on the mushy side. The pro comp USSSA ball performed better than the Protac model.

I won't call the performance totally abysmal, but it was still lacking considerably compared to the Hard Core. I think in really hot weather this ball won't perform well at all.

Top distance with the Super Duper Pro M was roughly 360', and I had to earn it. Hard Cores were going 30' past that with less effort. The two balls don't feel or fly the same. Hard Cores have a way crisper feel, and come off the bat noticeably faster.

Now, I won't call the Super Duper Pro M completely useless. It travels OK, and seems like an acceptable product. However, considering it's a multilayer ball designed to compete with Hard Cores I don't think it's quite up to snuff. Honestly, this ball performed like a regular single-cover Pro M. Just very average.

Anyone wanting max batted ball speed and distance out of a Pro M should probably stick with Hard Cores. Those wanting a softer option to keep the ball in the park might want to look at Super Dupers. Both balls cost the same. From a pure performance standpoint the Hard Core is a FAR better ball.

Last edited:

Slim45

It makes sense. Dudley has been making TAs for years now, so they basically already had the design for HCs. They just needed to convince an organization to allow them again. Worth is starting from scratch on something they never thought would be allowed.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
And they couldn't really figure it out like xrocks, evils, and tas the first time. I think they were banned before worth could bring an offering to market.

I saw the name and just thought they were going for nostalgia marketing.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
It makes sense. Dudley has been making TAs for years now, so they basically already had the design for HCs. They just needed to convince an organization to allow them again. Worth is starting from scratch on something they never thought would be allowed.

You're right. As far as I know this is Worth's first multilayer ball.

What I don't know is why USSSA suddenly decided to allow multilayer balls again after banning them about a decade ago. I still have a few old Thunder Advance classic Ms, and they are f'ing missiles.

I think the Hard Cores being produced now are every bit as good (if not better) than Thunder Advances made in years past.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
And they couldn't really figure it out like xrocks, evils, and tas the first time. I think they were banned before worth could bring an offering to market.

I saw the name and just thought they were going for nostalgia marketing.

If you run across any Super Duper Pro Ms LMK what you think of them. To me they aren't even really close to Hard Cores in terms of performance.