wrist pain

IKnowNothing

Addicted to Softballfans
This past week I started getting some pain on the outside of my wrist. It was barely noticeable until I played today, and even now its generally fine, but when I corkscrew my hand the pain flares up. I thought it might be a sprain, but there really isn't any swelling.

Anyone ever deal with this type of thing before?

IrishTommy

Mr. Body Massage Machine
This past week I started getting some pain on the outside of my wrist. It was barely noticeable until I played today, and even now its generally fine, but when I corkscrew my hand the pain flares up. I thought it might be a sprain, but there really isn't any swelling.

Anyone ever deal with this type of thing before?

I developed this clicking on my left wrist when I rotate it, and for a while it was quite painful. I went to the doctor and he said it was tendonitis. I dont know what it is or if it will ever go away. Its not really as painful anymore but sometimes it still hurts to do curls or swing a bat.

Cue the jerking off jokes.

xshawnxearthx

Addicted to Softballfans
I hate to sound like a smart ass, but stop doing whatever you are doing that causes pain. Let it relax and you'll be ok in a few days.

Nitrosnif

Manager
tendonitis, just went to the doctor for the same thing. I could barely throw overhand without it feeling like a knife was going into my wrist. Time off and Ibuprofren.

IKnowNothing

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks for the advice. I figured it was tendonitis, but was a little surprised when it just came out of nowhere. I'm heading to the doc friday morning, so I guess I'll get a proper diagnosis at that time.

in the meantime, I guess I'll have to hit lefty in our wednesday game.

Permacatch

Relegated to 1B
I had the same issue the first day this year that I took a lot of bp. My rolling-wrist hurt like hell for the next two weeks or so. Haven't had a problem since that week. Just overdid the training.