WTF is wrong with me!!!???

Richiebalz

Paypal sent
Fat chicks great head... Stop wasting energy with hip thrusts... Sit back relax and get some cabayza.... You will hit bombs for sure

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
Try having someone actually pitch to you in BP like it was a game. Also set up cones to make holes to hit at. You might also want to stop trying to hit bombs when you come up in a game and just put a good swing on the ball.

silver2k2gt

Cold Smoke
I was in this same spot, one step further back to the catcher solved that issue. Was basing my position of my stance off the plate instead of where they were pitching too. May sound dumb but worked for me...

creative10

Banned User
Bro..we know its not ur mechanics cuz ur killing it in bp. IMO being relaxed and layed back while hitting is setting up for failure...I go with the attacking the ball technique. When I get into the box I get mad and just think to myself that Im the best player on the field and nobody is getting me out...then I lock in and once I get the pitch I like... attack the ball!!! Are u gonna get a hit everytime...of course not...my take is if Im hitting the balls on the screws then Im good cuz its just a matter of time b4 I rattle 3,4,5,6,7 ect hits in a row.

89FoxBody

Addicted to Softballfans
It's all about your mindset. I do the same thing. I try to crush the ball and end up pulling my head and hit grounders to 3rd. When I relax and just watch the ball and trust my hands instead of trying to smoke the ball, the results are much better.

single wally

Professional Amateur
Simple, just trick your mind into thinking the pitcher is throwing you BP. I used to be more consistent in BP than in games until I started doing this b/c I'd get too uptight. For me relaxed mindset = relaxed muscles = smoother swing. Still try to hit the **** out of the ball though.

BigRed#2

Addicted to Softballfans
Dude you are just a head case. It sounds like you are trying to treat every game as if it is game 7 of the World Series. Just relax and trust in all the time you have put into your swing. If/When you f*** up at the plate accept the f*** up, figure out what you did, don't repeat it, and move on.

squirt

strokin and swingin
Bro..we know its not ur mechanics cuz ur killing it in bp. IMO being relaxed and layed back while hitting is setting up for failure...I go with the attacking the ball technique. When I get into the box I get mad and just think to myself that Im the best player on the field and nobody is getting me out...then I lock in and once I get the pitch I like... attack the ball!!! Are u gonna get a hit everytime...of course not...my take is if Im hitting the balls on the screws then Im good cuz its just a matter of time b4 I rattle 3,4,5,6,7 ect hits in a row.

I think you are right bro... After thinking about it, I find that I have always hit the ball better if I go into the box with the mindset of tearing the leather of that ball. When I step into the box and think, just make contact and TRY to get a good hit, I don't swing as hard and hit weak dribblers...

Too bad my next game is a week away.. I definitely want to see if this is the case...

"Get outta here Kelly Clarkson", lol, automatic classic bp vid....

CTBOH

Coach
I think you are right bro... After thinking about it, I find that I have always hit the ball better if I go into the box with the mindset of tearing the leather of that ball. When I step into the box and think, just make contact and TRY to get a good hit, I don't swing as hard and hit weak dribblers...

Too bad my next game is a week away.. I definitely want to see if this is the case...

"Get outta here Kelly Clarkson", lol, automatic classic bp vid....

...play more games. One game a week is bad for your swing. And swinging bad is well, just bad. :D

squirt

strokin and swingin
Stay loose at the plate son

staying loose or too relaxed is my problem. I have to do what Colby said and have the mindset of attacking that ball... That's the mindset I have in bp and that is the mindset that I need to have in the games...

Spackler

...got that goin for me
staying loose or too relaxed is my problem. I have to do what Colby said and have the mindset of attacking that ball... That's the mindset I have in bp and that is the mindset that I need to have in the games...

Attacking the ball is good idea. Confidence is everything - Have lots of confidence when you step in. Know that you own any pitcher! You could crack it off the best pitcher out there cause its floating in!

Bayne

Addicted to Softballfans
1. Stop caring about the results
2. Dont think in the box, just react
3. Dont try to place the ball in a certain area of the field, just hit it hard
4. Stop trying so hard..........its just a game
5. This last part is very important..........Drink some pregame beers and have fun with your friends