1st Degree by Bass Bats

Softball.com:

maddogsoftball

Banned User
About the paint. The paint does crack fast and then the barrel crack right after. I like the bat but we have had three crack in less than 150 swings. No issue with the guys at Bass in fact they are a great group from what I can tell. It must be a problem with the factory or something.
I have another bat that is just as hot but has well over 800 hits with no paint issues or cracks. In fact this other bat is even a bit hotter.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
bad thing is i have the NR one if it did break i doubt they would help but mine is just spider webbed thats it

s2ntburd

Addicted to Softballfans
was just on just bats and if they have them there not listed on the website.. you must have to call.. anyone know the price on these?

BIG JOE

One hit left!
Word it that all these Bass bats have great pop but are cracking inn 100 or less swings. Have heard this from a few players.

This is completely NOT the case. If they are breaking that soon, they have been rolled! We used one 2 weeks ago. The whole team for six games straight. Not even webbing. Sick out of the wrapper. Leadoff man hit a liner off the 300' fence on the first cut out of the wrapper. We were hitting the pink one but this one was there for show as well. Awesone looking stick!

rightsideswine

Banned User
This is completely NOT the case. If they are breaking that soon, they have been rolled! We used one 2 weeks ago. The whole team for six games straight. Not even webbing. Sick out of the wrapper. Leadoff man hit a liner off the 300' fence on the first cut out of the wrapper. We were hitting the pink one but this one was there for show as well. Awesone looking stick!

you need to read the reap4 threads. Some last some don't. Well most don't....but look at the grips, identically up to the taper. This really makes me believe the come from the same chinese factory.

OP you mind pulling the grip off and taking pics of what's underneath?

LazerShowMike

Banned User
Definetly not associated with Rip-It. Bass is run by Kevin Bass a former major leaguer. Having dealt with the company directly I can assure you they put performance first, ahead of durability, but durability is taken into consideration. I think it is safe to say that with a purchase and a warranty replacement you can get a seasons worth of swings out of both bats. Can you really ask for more than that out of one of the hottest bats in awhile.

maddogsoftball

Banned User
what you say may be true. I agree the Bass bat is hot but there is another just as hot if not better that will last 5 times as long and I from what I understand cost less.......ha

rightsideswine

Banned User
Definetly not associated with Rip-It. Bass is run by Kevin Bass a former major leaguer. Having dealt with the company directly I can assure you they put performance first, ahead of durability, but durability is taken into consideration. I think it is safe to say that with a purchase and a warranty replacement you can get a seasons worth of swings out of both bats. Can you really ask for more than that out of one of the hottest bats in awhile.

I didn't say they were associated with rip it **** face, quit sales pitching....what I was saying is they probably contracted the same pos chinese factory that rip it did for the reap4, until.you can prove me wrong with facts and not your sales pitchgarbage LMK.

Last edited:

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci

Are you ****ing kidding me? $300 for a bat and you say people should be happy to be able to get one good season out of them cause they are hot.

CD#5

Addicted to Softballfans
I like this bat and I like the Pink/Black Bass bat, but for $300 I don't know. I would think that if you're a new company & you want to stand out from the crowd that you sell your bats for a reasonable price. Then once you get the following and people talking about your bats, then I understand marking it up a little bit. I don't know if I go over $200 for a bat

rightsideswine

Banned User
Are you ****ing kidding me? $300 for a bat and you say people should be happy to be able to get one good season out of them cause they are hot.

If you didn't figure it out: he either works for bass or one of the sites that sells them...it was a very poor attempt to hype a bat up.

maddogsoftball

Banned User
I understand the Bass bat is hot and I understand they are just trying to get into the market. I respect that and wish them well. My opinion is that when these companies try to enter a market as complex as bats they should do some homework first or at least get someone on their staff that knows about bats. I think what we have here is like some of the other companies that get a bat from a factory slap their name on it and then try to 'market' it around the bat and not build a bat to fit the market. Since they don't know how to build a bat and rely on the what the factory has it is very hard to do. this is just me opinion and I am only guessing here since I am not a expert in this field. Only base this on what I have learned by talking to experts.

rightsideswine

Banned User
I understand the Bass bat is hot and I understand they are just trying to get into the market. I respect that and wish them well. My opinion is that when these companies try to enter a market as complex as bats they should do some homework first or at least get someone on their staff that knows about bats. I think what we have here is like some of the other companies that get a bat from a factory slap their name on it and then try to 'market' it around the bat and not build a bat to fit the market. Since they don't know how to build a bat and rely on the what the factory has it is very hard to do. this is just me opinion and I am only guessing here since I am not a expert in this field. Only base this on what I have learned by talking to experts.

your opinion=fact.

they can say its as hot as they want want the fact of the matter is the bat still has to pass bpf testing for usssa. which means it cant be THAT MUCH hotter than whats already on the market, otherwise it would be ssusa bat. whats really important is durability and as the reap4 has proven if it aint durable it aint gonna sell. and im real close to positive they come from the same chinese factory. pictures of the handle of this bat will confirm this i am pretty sure.

TheShowdown

Addicted to Softballfans
I didn't say they were associated with rip it **** face, quit sales pitching....what I was saying is they probably contracted the same pos chinese factory that rip it did for the reap4, until.you can prove me wrong with facts and not your sales pitchgarbage LMK.

Not the same company. The taper. The knob cuff and barrel are made by different companies that have never made even made bats before. Matter of fact theyve got an old man who retired with NASA working on the composite material. There about to release a new bat here in December and working on the patent. I swung it today and its gonna be nasty ;)

J2009

Boom !!!!!
Not the same company. The taper. The knob cuff and barrel are made by different companies that have never made even made bats before. Matter of fact theyve got an old man who retired with NASA working on the composite material. There about to release a new bat here in December and working on the patent. I swung it today and its gonna be nasty ;)

you want to send me one of the jh bass bats to try out :D

rightsideswine

Banned User

Hahaha! So your saying its a 2-3 piece bat?

Dude I already have confirmation these are being made in china by the same factory as rip it. The sales gimmicks and hype you guys are coming up with is priceless though...I'll give you a A for effort.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
i didnt think they look the same my buddys reaper had a diff endcap and the grip looked kinda of like a combats alittle different, and im not talking about the old reaper the new one

Youngin19

Former1stbatchCOMbatKing
Hahaha! So your saying its a 2-3 piece bat?

Dude I already have confirmation these are being made in china by the same factory as rip it. The sales gimmicks and hype you guys are coming up with is priceless though...I'll give you a A for effort.

What is your confirmation?

Or is this another scam like the time you tried to say you worked for Miken.

TheShowdown

Addicted to Softballfans
Swine you can lose the attitude bud. The bats are painted in china and the grip is put on there. Is that what you have confirmation on. The bats are constructed here in the US. I see you like Miken I do as well. Before you go making posts you dont know the full truth about dig a little deeper before you go bitching about things. Also I didnt know you worked for Miken? You gonna be at any of the Long Haul Bomber shows this summer with Denny?

rightsideswine

Banned User
Swine you can lose the attitude bud. The bats are painted in china and the grip is put on there. Is that what you have confirmation on. The bats are constructed here in the US. I see you like Miken I do as well. Before you go making posts you dont know the full truth about dig a little deeper before you go bitching about things. Also I didnt know you worked for Miken? You gonna be at any of the Long Haul Bomber shows this summer with Denny?

So your saying they make a bat in usa then ship to china for cosmetics and then ship back to usa to sell? :rolleyes::confused: