1st Degree by Bass Bats

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep
Thank you Martell. I am sure rightsidemadeupjob never would have come up with that.

If a bat fails compression tests quickly, would you say it has durability issues?

I had one that had 200-300 swings on it and I had no reason to believe it had any durability issues. Some guys I know swing them as well and they have much more swings on them and no issues. I have hit numerous bats but none like the MV-1. Alot of bats web up but I have yet to see another web the way the MV-1 did it was strange and suspect.

Not sure what Miken did but they are known for pushing the limits on bats and I think that was the case with the MV-1 and I think they were warned...

TheShowdown

Addicted to Softballfans
I've had several Freak Plus's bust within 100 swings
I've had a Miken Mv1 bust in 200 swings
I had a Miken Superfreak that was hot and busted within 400 swings and got a new one this year and it wasnt even the same material. Pretty much a turd.
The Nemesis was a piece of crap and overpriced.
I have a OG Pyscho the graphics started coming off within 100 cuts

Swine this a list of things that Ive experienced within the past 2 years on Miken products. You know how many times I've complained? Zero times! Ive noticed thats all you do on this board anyways is ***** and complain about everything and anything. Let me guess you havent even owned or purchased a BASS bat but your still steadily bashing the company. I guess there really is alot of douchebags in the land of crabcakes.;)

J2009

Boom !!!!!
all i know is mine is around 200 swings and are big guy on the team hits with it and another on my team does. I go from my combat GS and the bass when im not feeling like alot of endload and it hits good and the only thing is its webbed.

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep
I've had several Freak Plus's bust within 100 swings
I've had a Miken Mv1 bust in 200 swings
I had a Miken Superfreak that was hot and busted within 400 swings and got a new one this year and it wasnt even the same material. Pretty much a turd.
The Nemesis was a piece of crap and overpriced.
I have a OG Pyscho the graphics started coming off within 100 cuts

Swine this a list of things that Ive experienced within the past 2 years on Miken products. You know how many times I've complained? Zero times! Ive noticed thats all you do on this board anyways is ***** and complain about everything and anything. Let me guess you havent even owned or purchased a BASS bat but your still steadily bashing the company. I guess there really is alot of douchebags in the land of crabcakes.;)

All bats bust at some point... all manufactures have bats that bust quickly.. but those are few and far between with the top manufactures...

You are comparing known great bats with known great durability...to a bat that is unknown with a $300 price tag... and has great potential to fail if it is made by the same people who made Rip-it's newest bat..

Like I said before BASS is banking on its name, the name of a Major player, guys like yourself/Showdown and a nice looking product to sell this bat. Other than that there are to many unknowns about this bat to justify a $300 price tag which is why I would stay away from it and buy two of each of the bats you listed from Miken with no worries what so ever since their breakage is few and far between.

All you are doing now is making yourself look silly key words are highlighted in bold... now do a search and see that you are the minority when it comes to said bats...

maddogsoftball

Banned User
well said....on that point I am testing the new Wallop bat (from my dad) and I owned the reaper 4 and the Bass bat. The point is that there are so many bats to chose from and to spend $300 is really a risk. But if the bat is super hot it might be worth it and the Bass bat is hot. The problem is the Bass is no hotter than the Wallop and the Wallop I have is over 1000 swings strong. The other point it is my understanding is the Wallop is $198 retail. I guess it is a matter of personal view.

lil_kubel

f-8 or maybe f-7
It was said that the MV-1 wasn't passing compression testing so the had to stop making it cause it was raising to many eyebrows...

and they did make a worse bat MV-3 is just ok... MV-1 is nasty...

When I talked to Jim Hoscheit at the hockey expo here in minnesota he said the bat is basiclly the same the biggest change was the handle flex change. He wouldnt say anything other then that. He also said if you liked the MV1 just buy a Crine because it was the MV1 with a little heavier endload.

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep
When I talked to Jim Hoscheit at the hockey expo here in minnesota he said the bat is basiclly the same the biggest change was the handle flex change. He wouldnt say anything other then that. He also said if you liked the MV1 just buy a Crine because it was the MV1 with a little heavier endload.

Of course he did he wants to sell bats... I have swung them all they are not the same bat just made to look like it in an atempt to sell more bats... There is nothing in it for me not the same bat in any way.

lil_kubel

f-8 or maybe f-7
Of course he did he wants to sell bats... I have swung them all they are not the same bat just made to look like it in an atempt to sell more bats... There is nothing in it for me not the same bat in any way.

I just saying what I was told by mikens GM. I have had quite a few MV1s and some were great and a few were not. Could this be why they don't feel the same to you?

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep
Possibly but they have a different sound as well MV-3 has almost a metal ting sound the DC is close to the MV -1 without the pop

rightsideswine

Banned User
Possibly but they have a different sound as well MV-3 has almost a metal ting sound the DC is close to the MV -1 without the pop

Id say my DC is right on par with the mv-1 just has a smaller less forgiving SS. As long as you can find the ss it crushes the ball

lil_kubel

f-8 or maybe f-7

Truth is we will never really know. There will be some guys who love the MV1 others who love MV3 and the ones who love the DC. Its always just going be whatever works for you.

I just saying lets not rip on bass until you try it. And not make silly claims that its made at the same place rip it is. Heck i think it looks and feels more like a Louisville product then any rip it bat

kfferg

Banned User
I had one that had 200-300 swings on it and I had no reason to believe it had any durability issues. Some guys I know swing them as well and they have much more swings on them and no issues. I have hit numerous bats but none like the MV-1. Alot of bats web up but I have yet to see another web the way the MV-1 did it was strange and suspect.

Not sure what Miken did but they are known for pushing the limits on bats and I think that was the case with the MV-1 and I think they were warned...

If it fails the compression early and you can not use it since it is illegal, how is that better than having a broken bat?

rightsideswine

Banned User
Truth is we will never really know. There will be some guys who love the MV1 others who love MV3 and the ones who love the DC. Its always just going be whatever works for you.

I just saying lets not rip on bass until you try it. And not make silly claims that its made at the same place rip it is. Heck i think it looks and feels more like a Louisville product then any rip it bat

Funny you should say that...Travis and myself thought the same thing about the reap4...you must have never hit one.

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep

yes you are right... but no where did I rip on the bass bat I just said that I would not buy it based on the factors that I listed and that it is unknown and not worthy of a $300 price tag regardless of performance since it is unknown

If it fails the compression early and you can not use it since it is illegal, how is that better than having a broken bat?

Sorry but this is a dumbass question any bat regardless of performance is better than a broken bat.. As far as I know the MV-1 has not been banned anywhere therefore you can still use it and there is no question by its following that it is a stellar performer...

kfferg

Banned User
It was said that the MV-1 wasn't passing compression testing so the had to stop making it cause it was raising to many eyebrows...

and they did make a worse bat MV-3 is just ok... MV-1 is nasty...

yes you are right... but no where did I rip on the bass bat I just said that I would not buy it based on the factors that I listed and that it is unknown and not worthy of a $300 price tag regardless of performance since it is unknown

Sorry but this is a dumbass question any bat regardless of performance is better than a broken bat.. As far as I know the MV-1 has not been banned anywhere therefore you can still use it and there is no question by its following that it is a stellar performer...

So Miken decided to ban the MV-1 themselves so that they could make a worse bat?

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep
I did I felt like the Reap4 was very similar to the toledo bats. THe 1st degree reminds me of the old TPS SB103 with a composite knob

to me the Reap4 felt like crap... stung the **** out of my hands.. although it was hot and hit the ball hard it only lasted 200 or so swings before it was in two pieces...

Different endcap but definite similarities..

IMG_0400.jpg

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep
So Miken decided to ban the MV-1 themselves so that they could make a worse bat?

you sir are an obvious noob and are not capable of comprehending the complexity of the fact that they pushed the limits got caught and were told to stop making it...

broken down Barney style for you...

Miken made bat too hot by current standards

Miken got caught and told to stop or else

Miken was forced to make inferior (less hot bat) to standard because MV-1 was above standard

so yes Miken made a less hot bat on purpose...

Last edited:

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep
the bass is really soft feeling like the old B1....Have you hit the bass to compare?

No I have not and I am not saying the Bass is not as hot as you claim I am simply saying I will not pay $300 to find out just like I wouldn't pay $600 for a voltage

kfferg

Banned User
you sir are an obvious noob and are not capable of comprehending the complexity of the fact that they pushed the limits got caught and were told to stop making it...

broken down Barney style for you...

Miken made bat too hot by current standards

Miken got caught and told to stop or else

Miken was forced to make inferior (less hot bat) to standard because MV-1 was above standard

so yes Miken made a less hot bat on purpose...

So that bat was not banned anywhere but they where told to stop? You are correct that I do not understand that. My point overall, and I will stop playing games, why is it that they where stopped being made and no longer in production if it as incredible bat as you say?

superduper

Noob Membership Chair

I have been saying that the dc is the mv1 all along. I have the dc now and had the mv1 and they feel idenitical at contact, feel identical at contact, same size sweetspot, same spot. I get the same results out of both as well.
I did notice the graphics are different:D