Steroid Discussion

Nietzsche

Drowned God
After seeing this vid, not only has his softball cred went out the window... but i really wish SBFans would update their face icons so i could post one banging its head into a brick wall

We aren't talking about softball. We are having a discussion about better living through chemistry with a side of backyard endocrinology with the brightest minds on SBF.

Btw now that everyone gots two tickets to the gun show witness yours truly rocking a visor, a FL tan and 32 in waistline. :D

I'm not in the greatest shape (effing simple carbs)....however it was all done naturally w/o money wasters and crap like whey protein, creatine or any garbage bodybuilding supps.

No roids....obviously. Just a premium blend of dedication and discipline.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
We aren't talking about softball. We are having a discussion about better living through chemistry with a side of backyard endocrinology with the brightest minds on SBF.

Btw now that everyone gots two tickets to the gun show witness yours truly rocking a visor, a FL tan and 32 in waistline. :D

I'm not in the greatest shape (effing simple carbs)....however it was all done naturally w/o money wasters and crap like whey protein, creatine or any garbage bodybuilding supps.

No roids....obviously. Just a premium blend of dedication and discipline.

We are still patiently awaiting for all your documented studies about the long term effects of steroid use. Hormone therapy is not the same so anything job related is out the door.

And since when is protein, creatine and other supplements crap? Is this another one of your famous studies you've done lmao.

Nietzsche

Drowned God
We are still patiently awaiting for all your documented studies about the long term effects of steroid use. Hormone therapy is not the same so anything job related is out the door.

And since when is protein, creatine and other supplements crap? Is this another one of your famous studies you've done lmao.

Whey protein if taken in the gratuituous amounts as recommended is highly acidifying. That and it comes from factory dairy cows which uses RGBH and antibiotics.

Casein and lactose (both found in dairy) require enzymes rennin and lactase to digest it in the body which disappears from our systems after weaning age.

An acidic state leads to inflammation which causes a great deal of problems. Whereas a balanced slightly alkaline state provides a better internal terrain for the body.

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
Whey protein if taken in the gratuituous amounts as recommended is highly acidifying. That and it comes from factory dairy cows which uses RGBH and antibiotics.

Casein and lactose (both found in dairy) require enzymes rennin and lactase to digest it in the body which disappears from our systems after weaning age.

An acidic state leads to inflammation which causes a great deal of problems. Whereas a balanced slightly alkaline state provides a better internal terrain for the body.

hmmm guess they havent come out with the natural grass fed cow whey protein. O wait, if you would do your research and not pop off at the mouth you would have realized this stuff already exist... and what do you think meat comes from... non antibiotic animals??? Milk eggs meats all that crap as you say comes from the same animals that WHEY is produced.

Nietzsche

Drowned God
hmmm guess they havent come out with the natural grass fed cow whey protein. O wait, if you would do your research and not pop off at the mouth you would have realized this stuff already exist... and what do you think meat comes from... non antibiotic animals??? Milk eggs meats all that crap as you say comes from the same animals that WHEY is produced.

They have it out now and Mercola makes a good product. But these are your choices to make.

How long are people supposed to take whey protein powders. A year, two, ten...indefinitely?

The suggested amount is anywhere from 1.5 to 2 grams per lb of bodyweight a day. That is too much for the body to handle especially when a decline in digestive function occurs to most in their mid 30's.

Again I never advocated consuming factory farm animal protein....in fact most people in the US eat far too much animal protein already. We lead the world in obesity rates and in type II diabetes. Again another discussion.

Nietzsche

Drowned God
What I gathered so far are the pro roid crowd is filled with basement chemists that watched a DVD and learned all they need to know about endocrinology by reading a few posts online.

Consuming mass quantities of junk bodybuilding supps and eating excessive amounts of animal protein is practically standard and a near given.

To that end I vehemently disagree with it both practices.

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans
They have it out now and Mercola makes a good product. But these are your choices to make.

How long are people supposed to take whey protein powders. A year, two, ten...indefinitely?

The suggested amount is anywhere from 1.5 to 2 grams per lb of bodyweight a day. That is too much for the body to handle especially when a decline in digestive function occurs to most in their mid 30's.
Again I never advocated consuming factory farm animal protein....in fact most people in the US eat far too much animal protein already. We lead the world in obesity rates and in type II diabetes. Again another discussion.

thats NOT the suggested intake for the normal person. The normal person can pretty much get all their protein intake from whole foods. That is a recommendation for people looking to build/gain. Yes 2 grams would be crazy for someone who doesnt train hard and just sits around. PLUS this again shows how retarded you are... because its NOT 2 grams per bodyweight. Its 2 grams per LEAN MUSCLE... if your 225 with 15+%bf and you consume say 450 grams(thats two grams per bodyweight) then some of that protein intake is going towards simply maintaining your FAT, which in return is a waste of money and product. Again you are popping off without knowing what your talking about. Too many people think its 1.5-2 grams per bodyweight. Thats NOT the case. Why would you intake somethign to promote/maintain fat.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
What I gathered so far are the pro roid crowd is filled with basement chemists that watched a DVD and learned all they need to know about endocrinology by reading a few posts online.

Consuming mass quantities of junk bodybuilding supps and eating excessive amounts of animal protein is practically standard and a near given.

To that end I vehemently disagree with it both practices.

Well, what we got from you is that you are confused about hormone therapy and steroid use. The conclusion is that you can't find any documented sources showing the long term effects of steroid use and all these negative effects you claim because well there isn't such a study out there.

Until you start to do some actual research about the subject, we will continue to laugh at you as much as we laugh at your BP video.

Nobody has a problem with you being against steroid use, most people are, it is just the fact that you make up stuff and try to pass it off as facts. That is the comical part.

As for obesity...that has little to do with the consumption of animal protein. That more relates to the carbs and fats that people eat and their types. But like you said, that is a different subject.

Q23

Addicted to Softballfans

This wouldnt happen if people took any type of ownership... Mcdonalds didnt make people fat because they didnt list their damn nutrition facts on their crap. Mcdonalds made you fat cause your dumb $$$ eats that crap and sits in-front of a damn video game or computer all day and are too scared to get out and do something productive. Dont even get me started in on fat lazy mouth breathers.

Nietzsche

Drowned God
Well, what we got from you is that you are confused about hormone therapy and steroid use. The conclusion is that you can't find any documented sources showing the long term effects of steroid use and all these negative effects you claim because well there isn't such a study out there.

Until you start to do some actual research about the subject, we will continue to laugh at you as much as we laugh at your BP video.

Nobody has a problem with you being against steroid use, most people are, it is just the fact that you make up stuff and try to pass it off as facts. That is the comical part.

As for obesity...that has little to do with the consumption of animal protein. That more relates to the carbs and fats that people eat and their types. But like you said, that is a different subject.

Two seconds after the game ends and everyone walks off the field I'm still in great shape while most slopitchers waddle off in clown pants.

Epic Win.

Nietzsche

Drowned God
To the pro roid crowd,

Eat your garbage man-in-a-pill bodybuilding supps, dump paycheck after paycheck to your local roid dealer or anti aging clinic, scarf down gratuituous amounts of animal protein and shoot anabolic steroids right into your body.

G'head. It seems like a great idea. Afterall the internet says so.

Those side effects of anabolic steroids like a lowered immune system, insulin resistance, shruken testicles, irregular sperm, elevated liver enzymes, arrythmia....are all just wives tales.

Most of those problems clear up after couple of months when cycling off but then again so to goes the inflated muscle mass.

Win/loss. Too bad, so sad. All those roid aided muscles vaporize.

Or here's another idea.

Build up gradually through a dedicated regiment combining high intensity interval cardio training with an intense workout centered on multijoint lifts and make a change towards choosing to eat balanced nutrient dense whole foods rather than processed alternatives and fast foods.

Steer clear of beer, coffee, buffalo wings, donuts, bleached flour, junk food and cigarettes. Get eight hours of well rested sleep. Maintain a balanced slightly alkaline internal terrain. Drink pure water.

Yeah it takes effort....no one said it was easy but do this and odds are you won't need to see a doctor.

Just a thought.

CAJones17

Addicted to Softballfans
when i was in college i did a lot of research on certain steroid and hgh usage and effects on the body. there were actually quite a few serious side effects. Off the top of my head: heart arrythmia, spiked QRS waves resulting from ventricular hypertrophy, arthritis, etc.

None of this seems worth the risk, and sure people can argue that maybe n moderation it is ok, but human nature is not very geared towards moderation especially in vanity terms.

The true ignorance of this thread is the people who try to justify roid use by comparing it to the effects of smoking and alcohol.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
To the pro roid crowd,

Eat your garbage man-in-a-pill bodybuilding supps, dump paycheck after paycheck to your local roid dealer or anti aging clinic, scarf down gratuituous amounts of animal protein and shoot anabolic steroids right into your body.

G'head. It seems like a great idea. Afterall the internet says so.

Those side effects of anabolic steroids like a lowered immune system, insulin resistance, shruken testicles, irregular sperm, elevated liver enzymes, arrythmia....are all just wives tales.

Most of those problems clear up after couple of months when cycling off but then again so to goes the inflated muscle mass.

Win/loss. Too bad, so sad. All those roid aided muscles vaporize.

Or here's another idea.

Build up gradually through a dedicated regiment combining high intensity interval cardio training with an intense workout centered on multijoint lifts and make a change towards choosing to eat balanced nutrient dense whole foods rather than processed alternatives and fast foods.

Steer clear of beer, coffee, buffalo wings, donuts, bleached flour, junk food and cigarettes. Get eight hours of well rested sleep. Maintain a balanced slightly alkaline internal terrain. Drink pure water.

Yeah it takes effort....no one said it was easy but do this and odds are you won't need to see a doctor.

Just a thought.

What? You mean the side effects of a cycle clear up when you are off? What happened to all your long term negative effects that you had so much proof for? lol you are a joke, you just went back on what you've been saying the whole time.

Also with proper PCT, you can keep the majority of your gains.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
None of this seems worth the risk, and sure people can argue that maybe n moderation it is ok, but human nature is not very geared towards moderation especially in vanity terms.

The true ignorance of this thread is the people who try to justify roid use by comparing it to the effects of smoking and alcohol.

Not trying to justify, just providing an example. Long term alcohol consumption has more negative effects than steroid use.

The only ignorance in this thread are those who are posting opinions and trying to justify them as facts without having any knowledge on the subject.

I don't condone nor condemn steroid use, I just have a good amount of knowledge of the subject from doing research and reports I've done in college and being around the bodybuilding scene for about 15 years now.

CAJones17

Addicted to Softballfans
I think its one of the classic risk/reward evaluations that everyone does and people will make their choice based on that, and legally and health wise definately not worth it to me.

You choose the actions and therefore the consequences too, good and bad, so don't go whining when the health ramifications and/or johnny law come knocking.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
I think its one of the classic risk/reward evaluations that everyone does and people will make their choice based on that, and legally and health wise definately not worth it to me.

You choose the actions and therefore the consequences too, good and bad, so don't go whining when the health ramifications and/or johnny law come knocking.

I do agree with you on that...is it worth jail time to look good in the mirror? Granted, I'm sure the inmates would really appreciate the physique when the person arrives lol

CAJones17

Addicted to Softballfans
I do agree with you on that...is it worth jail time to look good in the mirror? Granted, I'm sure the inmates would really appreciate the physique when the person arrives lol

So you are saying it wont be the needle injections they will be getting poked with;)

Fury Fighter

Manager
Not trying to justify, just providing an example. Long term alcohol consumption has more negative effects than steroid use.

The only ignorance in this thread are those who are posting opinions and trying to justify them as facts without having any knowledge on the subject.

I don't condone nor condemn steroid use, I just have a good amount of knowledge of the subject from doing research and reports I've done in college and being around the bodybuilding scene for about 15 years now.

Agree 100% with just about every single thing you've said in this thread...

Every single drug that anyone ever ingests is a risk reward thing... But I completely believe that steroid use, not abuse, is extremely misconstrued cuz some woman on dateline said it's terrible.

For starters, everyone needs to sit n watch "bigger, faster, stronger", the documentary... It has plenty of pros, and plenty of cons... Use, and abuse. But it gives an unbiased approach for the dumba$$es that have been spoon-fed that anything, and everything, is bad

ENVY

Does this mean I have to/should get rid of all this gear in my closet???????

Fury Fighter

Manager
Not to sound preachy but where is the line on use vs. Abuse on illegal drugs?

That, sir, is the risk vs reward question...

Do I feel like you can run some, maybe once a year, and be ok...? Yep, I definitely do believe that... But that doesn't happen for most. Its addicting...

I've been in the fitness industry since I've been in high school... And I have countless friends that are typical "juice-heads", "juice-boxes", and such. Very few that set it up, plan, and run moderately... Even with any/all of the guidance/knowledge in the world. That, I think, is the biggest, and most dangerous side effect.... The mental dependence

Nietzsche

Drowned God
That, I think, is the biggest, and most dangerous side effect.... The mental dependence

Once you start taking these boosters....how long do you take them. A year, two...ten?

Taking this shortcut is not feasible long term.

Do it the real way through steadfast dedication.

Fury Fighter

Manager
Once you start taking these boosters....how long do you take them. A year, two...ten?

Taking this shortcut is not feasible long term.

Do it the real way through steadfast dedication.

i agree that dedication, and consistency is the key to all around fitness, and maintenance of a healthy body.... but who's to say you cant run one cycle of so n so, or such n such, and get to the desired weight/body composition you're wanting.... and maintain that?

and dont give me the "oh you lose everything once you stop taking these 'boosters' "

Swilldog

Everyone loves bombs!
ok I know some people that did this stuff and this is what they got..

guy doing hack squats crushed his spine he had on so much weight

guy doing squats blew out his knee to the side from to much weight

guy walks around our gym with a limp and a crooked arm saying "dont do steriods.. look what its done to me!"

strongest man in michigan at one time cant hardly move at the age of 50 and claims he cant feel his leg

good friend of mine lost his wife and home over the stress it did to his mind

mr michigan winner went to jail for a few years for having to much product

24yr old kid i trained with died 2 yrs ago when his heart blew up

now i dont know a lot of steroiders but the few i do are all ****ed up now

Good luck to you that do use!