I've come to the conclusion.........

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
That I get very frustrated playing with guys who don't perform at a high level and then don't even care. :(

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Can and don't, or just plain can't?

Don't................They're talented enough, but don't care enough. Me and Hairy Mark will haul a screen and balls to each tourney. We tell everyone where we'll be and tell them, "7:30......Come out and take some swings and get ready." No one does and then they compain when they don't hit well. We go through the same thing on Sunday. We also try to be available to hit before league games if time permits. You know who shows up??? Me.........and him. :(

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
I get more frustrated with the guys who are amazing who don't care! Those are the guys who piss me off. I work my ass off to be average and then I see these clowns who are studs but are obviously not putting in the effort during the game. Such as dropping an EASY can of corn 4 base error in the 7th, not running out the grounders regardless of where it was hit (through a hole or not), and too prima donna to play in a light drizzle.

ok rant over, but swing you just lit a fire from 2 weeks ago back up!:mad:

CAJones17

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep hate them too, usually the same ones who throw a lot of "I couldve"s out there, seem more content with poor performance and excuses than anything.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I ***** and ***** and *****.........My wife says, "You can't expect everyone to care as much as you do....." Why not?? Why can't they???

LuckyMatthews

Actually, the reason it made me so mad, is this guy truly didn't care. I would have took a "I should've"! Instead I got, well if we lose our 1st game tomorrow (Sunday), we can get some sun and I can read my book.

I was like WTF! We decided next year he is our EH. He takes hitting seriously but not the fielding. It's almost like at the plate it's personal, and in the field he just seems not to care. We've seen him play amazing D, but only when he is fired up, not just the team.

LuckyMatthews

If you're talking about....let's say, the SS, ball hit hard to him, bounces off his glove, rolls 8 ft away, stands up, hands on hips, lower lip out, walks to the ball rather than making the effort to at least get the ball and keep the guy from waltzing into second while he shows everyone what badazz he his for showing his big boy indifference at missing the ball, because he's so much better than that.....yeah, that's frustrating.
I just got a few dirty looks when I busted out loling here at work haha. That is EXACTLY the type of ish I hate!

I ***** and ***** and *****.........My wife says, "You can't expect everyone to care as much as you do....." Why not?? Why can't they???

I agree 100%. Apparently there is only a few hundred of us in the entire world though. Did anyone win powerball? If I did, I'll buy us a city for only the true softball enthusiates haha.

ss_jmac

Addicted to Softballfans
I could see how this would be annoying at least you have one person with the same drive as you I have none and I suck so I need the help!

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Actually, the reason it made me so mad, is this guy truly didn't care. I would have took a "I should've"! Instead I got, well if we lose our 1st game tomorrow (Sunday), we can get some sun and I can read my book.

I was like WTF! We decided next year he is our EH. He takes hitting seriously but not the fielding. It's almost like at the plate it's personal, and in the field he just seems not to care. We've seen him play amazing D, but only when he is fired up, not just the team.

I also about blow a gasket at the dude that sits in the bleechers because there's some hit chics there that he knows...........Only gets near the team long enough to grab a bat from the dugout. Goes one for 9 in a doubleheader and doesn't even give a ****..........I really want to bash those ****ers.

LuckyMatthews

I also about blow a gasket at the dude that sits in the bleechers because there's some hit chics there that he knows...........Only gets near the team long enough to grab a bat from the dugout. Goes one for 9 in a doubleheader and doesn't even give a ****..........I really want to bash those ****ers.

That is too funny! Every team has one of those hey? WTF, it's 45 minutes guy! You can't focus for 45 mins?:eek:

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
That is too funny! Every team has one of those hey? WTF, it's 45 minutes guy! You can't focus for 45 mins?:eek:

Yeah and dude just don't give a ****........Seriously. He flies out...."Der, der, der.............Hot chics....." Then grounds out......"Der, der, der........Hot chics......." Pops up twice with the bases loades, "Der, der, der.........Hot chics...." I'm like "HOLY ****!!! Can you get your mind off the ***** long enough to give us a hand?" He just doesn't even comprehend what I'm saying.

CAJones17

Addicted to Softballfans
Or the guy that will sit in the opposing teams dugout chatting with whoever... needs a boot in the teeth

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Or the guy that will sit in the opposing teams dugout chatting with whoever... needs a boot in the teeth

This is the same dude that shows up one minute before the game and ties his shoes while walking to his poisition................AND HE ONLY LIVES 4 BLOCKS FROM THE FIELD!!!! Then can't make a single play because he didn't warm up.:confused:

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans
George, here is my thing about this topic. If you dont want to give 100% then GTFO the field and I dont want you on my team, period. I cant stand people that come out and say it is just league or we are winnging by 10 runs, what do you want.. I want you to play the same way until the damn game is over. Hustle, make an attempt, if not, GTFO the field.

cwr117

Fun in fundamental.
I personally would rather have a guy that is mediocre, and gives 100%, than the all-star that pisses and moans about everything.

effort and hustle>everything.

Just my .02 because I am not an all-star just a guy who hustles and gives a ****.

Schiffy

I play on a mens church team. my wife thought it would be good for me, because i could meet some of the guys in the church and maybe make some friends. HOWEVER, i'm very competitive and most of them are just there to have fun, which is great, but when they get lazy and they start making stupid mistakes it pisses me off. i play everything to win and these clowns just show up and take it however it rolls...
We lost a game a few weeks back by 2 runs, i was furious. dude looked at me and said "Dude, relax, i'd rather lose a close game then get blown away" my dad always told me "It's better to get blown away than lose a close game. with Close games, there was always something you could have done different to make up those few runs, whereas with a blowout, chances are you just sucked" and thats what my brothers and I have always lived by. this dude said that and I about snapped... i guess i keep play with them because i love the game, and will take any chance i get to play...

Bubbaboy86

The Veteran

What's worse than that is we have a guy that between his bats and between games will go hang out watching the division 1 players. Him and his wife think if he hangs out enough with them they'll pick him up. The problem is he'll go
0fer in a double header and **** up 96% of the balls hit to him. If he doesn't get a hit he stare at the bat like there's something wrong with it. He looked at me once and said my mutant is hotter than your miken ever will be. I shrugged and said maybe but it can't make you hit any better.

I personally would rather have a guy that is mediocre, and gives 100%, than the all-star that pisses and moans about everything.

Just my .02 because I am not an all-star just a guy who hustles and gives a ****.

My mens team had a season long tryout for me and like 5 other guys, I was middle of the pack talent wise with these guys but I got one of the spots over a guy with more talent. I asked the coach why and he said you hustle every time and will play any position that I need you to without bitching. :D

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't................They're talented enough, but don't care enough. Me and Hairy Mark will haul a screen and balls to each tourney. We tell everyone where we'll be and tell them, "7:30......Come out and take some swings and get ready." No one does and then they compain when they don't hit well. We go through the same thing on Sunday. We also try to be available to hit before league games if time permits. You know who shows up??? Me.........and him. :(

This sounds so familiar, I have the exact same kind of people on my team

DEJ13

Addicted to Softballfans

I wish we lived closer. A teammate & I hit every Tues or Wed @ 10:30 AM. We hit 3-4 buckets (30 balls) each

EastCoastRayDog

Part Time Player
If you're talking about....let's say, the SS, ball hit hard to him, bounces off his glove, rolls 8 ft away, stands up, hands on hips, lower lip out, walks to the ball rather than making the effort to at least get the ball and keep the guy from waltzing into second while he shows everyone what badazz he his for showing his big boy indifference at missing the ball, because he's so much better than that.....yeah, that's frustrating.

I know what ya mean, my team is very talented, and think they can win without practicing, when the other teams are playing like 10 games a week, and most players on my team only play on sundays, but everyone points fingers at everyone else. but themselfs!!!!! and our big hitters all they do is try to hit HR'S, and wonder why we went 2-14, and in every game we had the lead atleast by 4 but lose it in the last 2 innings...........

TOUCHMALL

Boss of Bosses
Agree

Swingy, that's why I only play in upper class tourneys only. Because the league guys are shot ur right bro..

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az

this^^^^

our team is made up of semi-talented guys, no real stars. but most give 100% or more. and we regularly beat far more talented teams.

R. Boogie

Addicted to Softballfans
This is the same dude that shows up one minute before the game and ties his shoes while walking to his poisition................AND HE ONLY LIVES 4 BLOCKS FROM THE FIELD!!!! Then can't make a single play because he didn't warm up.:confused:

Unfortunately I asked a buddy of mine to join our team last season. Talented player but he turned out to be ^^^^^^this guy^^^^^^^. He would show up at game time, no uniform shirt, a few times no glove, etc. I was embarressed when myself and a few guys were talking about next season and everyone present said can we not invite so and so back. :eek:

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
Player asks t hit bp, sorry, I dont have time for practice but I play league so i will get my reps there.
Same player in league, wont run out anything, always an excuse for making outs but hey, it's only league, I will turn it on in the tourneys.
Same guy in tourney, Couldnt make it to warmups but I am good. Goes 3-9 as the team goes 2 n q, but hey this was just a small tourney, I will turn it on when we get to the real tourneys.
Same player shows up at game time and the team has to waste time while he puts on his shoes and finds his glove which is buried under 19 jersies and other misc stuff. Then has a bad day at the plate but hey, its not worlds, I will turn it on when we play worlds.
Team has to wait on the player because his alarm clock didnt go off so everyone is late. The team has no time to warm up and loses big, but hey, its just the first game.
The team goes out and loses the rest and is out of the tourney, coach gives a great speach to get peoples mind off the loss and that guy say, hey guys dont worry, we will get them next year.:rolleyes:
Practice how you play, that guy does.

magicman

now you see me...
My team is pretty good at showing up to warm up before games...always asking for a call or text to take BP during the wek, call and text, either don't answer or say i'll be there only to find an excuse not to 1/2 hr beforehand

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
This guy (not the guy who isn't good, but the guy who doesn't care) doesn't play on my team, and tbh doesn't really play in any of my leagues either. (tournies go without saying because tournies are serious as scrotal tattoos)

When your league costs roughly 8 billion dollars per season people tend to take it a little more seriously.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
bp

BP is definitely not a top priority among people here. I try to hit balls once or twice a week (long 200 swing session). Most guys I know don't hit at all. If they do hit bp its like 12 swings before a tourny. I don't know about you guys, but 12 swings for me isn't enough to really get anything going.

Now, do the guys who never hit bp ever get any better at hitting? No. Same lame performances every tourny.