Salomon Speedcross 3's?

s.paternostro

Star Player
I've read reviews on all kinds if stores that sell them and have read nothing but great things about how good and comfortable they are for running. I wanted to get some guys perspective that own a pair on how they are for softball, with the lateral movement, change of direction, sudden stops and all of the different moves we make while playing a game of softball.

1. Are they worth the extra money that you will pay over a regular pair of name brand "turfs"?

2. How do they run in terms of size?

3. How good of traction do they provide on the various surfaces (dry mud/clay/dirt, wet mud/clay/dirt, dry grass and of course wet or damp grass?

kayakmaker

Average at best
They're fantastic. They run pretty true to size but tend to be a little narrow (at first).
I play of and they're hands down the best shoe I have played in. Ive owned elites, boombah, mizuno, Reebok, and adidas.

As for price, you can frequently find them for $80

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
REI carries them for $125, however, they often have 25% discount coupons which brings them down to $100. I just bought a pair with my REI dividends check. Got love their 100% satisfaction guarantee for the 1st year. Length wise they are true to size but definitely run narrow. I'm a 12E (wide also could be wide, EE, WW etc) & found the 12's to be just a bit narrow. After 4 games they were still uncomfortable so I returned them for a 13. 13's are the perfect width but just a tad too big so I have gone to wearing my snowboarding socks & that did the trick.

xethicx

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly, Ive worn cleats,, they were hard on my feet, I tried turfs and they were for lack of a better word, COMPLETELY USELESS in every way possible. Then I tried the speedcross and fell in love. I will never wear another shoe on the field, ever. It's that simple

lordnlkon

Star Player
1. I just got my on Thursday and they are in a completely different class than any turfs I have ever owned.

2. I wear 10.5 and that's what I ordered and they fit perfectly. I don't have super wide feet that some people have issues with the size on.

3. I went out running with them in the rain on the grass the day I got them. I wanted to check the traction, so I planted my foot to make a cut and I almost fell over because I was expecting some slide and my foot dead stopped. Traction is top notch.

4. They are super super light and really comfy. I would put them on par with my Asics running shoes for comfort.

MrEnizzle

Addicted to Softballfans
1. I just got my on Thursday and they are in a completely different class than any turfs I have ever owned.

2. I wear 10.5 and that's what I ordered and they fit perfectly. I don't have super wide feet that some people have issues with the size on.

3. I went out running with them in the rain on the grass the day I got them. I wanted to check the traction, so I planted my foot to make a cut and I almost fell over because I was expecting some slide and my foot dead stopped. Traction is top notch.

4. They are super super light and really comfy. I would put them on par with my Asics running shoes for comfort.

The speedcross 3s are awesome!!... Unfortunately the grip is so superb that while I was catching a fly Ball and was pivoting my foot, it stayed planted with the cleats and I rolled my ankle :/ .. but I still love them.. just need to get used to how well they grip since my last pair of shoes would allow me to slide a little.

morat1959

:thumb::thumb::thumb:... Best softball shoes I've ever worn. There so comfortable you'll forget to change them between games!

killinmesmallz6

Smashin Gold Tops
I'm an infielder and on occasion switch to the outfield for an inning here or there. Best grip out of any shoe for infield by far, and in grass they act is Velcro! If you can't find them for under retail price just foot the bill and pay retail, your feet will love you for it.

s.paternostro

Star Player
Or I can get my answer on this one. Sorry that some folks say they run small and some say they true to size, it must be a crime that I want various opinions before ordering a pair to avoid going through return/exchange process online!

Forgive me please!

lordnlkon

Star Player
Or I can get my answer on this one. Sorry that some folks say they run small and some say they true to size, it must be a crime that I want various opinions before ordering a pair to avoid going through return/exchange process online!

Forgive me please!

If you have wide feet order half size bigger. If you don't, then order your size.

Bgotts1

Manager
Best turf ever! Infield or outfield. Be cautious, as the Chinese knock off sites just started releasing them and they are not close to the same quality as the real ones.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
my real ones fit normal. maybe a tad narrow, but wider than the zigs. I wear 10.5 in most shoes and ordered 10.5's