Salomon Speedcross 3's?

the kid

Addicted to Softballfans
I typically wear a 13-13.5 in cleats. I don't have super wide feet, but they are wide in the toe box. Anyone out there with a similar foot wear these? I see they only have 13's or 14's (if you can find them)

LoveyPSU

Sorry, wrong trajectory
I used to go EE in New Balance back in the day, but that was about as wide as I'd go. Now, I wear a size 11 in Nike, Asics, and Reebok. I wear a size 11.5 in the Salomon XA Pro line and in Asolo boots. I went with a size 11 in the Speedcross because I felt my foot moved too much in the 11.5 and didn't want that in a non-walking/casual shoe.

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
I typically wear a 13-13.5 in cleats. I don't have super wide feet, but they are wide in the toe box. Anyone out there with a similar foot wear these? I see they only have 13's or 14's (if you can find them)

I'm the exact same size with a wide toe box. The 13s have worked really nicely, the lacing system really makes them adjustable to your foot.

mihklo

And if you bought legit ones from an authorized retailer they come with a 2 year defect warranty.
One of my nubs actually ripped off a few weeks ago. I should be hearing back shortly if they're going to replace them. I've seen them replace another board bros whose has ripped on the side.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
And if you bought legit ones from an authorized retailer they come with a 2 year defect warranty.
One of my nubs actually ripped off a few weeks ago. I should be hearing back shortly if they're going to replace them. I've seen them replace another board bros whose has ripped on the side.

most other companies are like 2 weeks.

mihklo

That's one reason I didn't mind payin a little more for legit ones. The nub isn't that much of an issue but if I can get them replaced why not

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
yep,
I got mine from REI, Size 12s were a little tight but tried them out for week. Decided I wanted something bigger & simply went to the store & exchanged them for 12.5s (they shipped them to me for free within 3 days). No question , no hassle. REI gives you 100% satisfaction for up to one year from purchase, Salomon has a 2 year warranty on these shoes and if you buy them with a Visa credit card they will double the manufacturers warranty. So basically one is covered for 4 years from any manufacturers defect.

Well worth the few extra bucks!

buddyk78

PAN #5
I love my speedcross 3's . I wear them for softball, trail running, and sometimes golf. They are just so dang comfortable.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Or I can get my answer on this one. Sorry that some folks say they run small and some say they true to size, it must be a crime that I want various opinions before ordering a pair to avoid going through return/exchange process online!

Forgive me please!

Thick skin. You need thick skin here. If that upset you, don't ever venture into the lounge.

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
Wore my 3's yesterday for some BP. Ended up playing a pick up game and felt great running bases. Then Took some more BP and fooled around in the outfield and WOW these things are super light with best grip I've had on any pair of turfs, cleats, I've ever owned.

s.paternostro

Star Player
My skin is thick, that was all sarcasm trust me.

On a side note my SpeedCross 3's came I'm today and they are beyond great. Very light, ridiculous grip and fit like a glove. I wear a 9 in regular shoes and the 9 in SpeedCross' fit perfect.

DPHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
I found some of the speed cross 3 lab series (which is apparently the racing version of the S3), for $74! Super snug fit, very light and the water resistant coating is a huge plus.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
From my experience it is a width thing. If you have a medium or narrow width foot (anything <E) they will run spot on. If you have a wide foot you might have to go 1/2 size up, just depends on your preference for either a tight or looser fitting shoe. If you like your shoes to fit tight stay with your normal size, if you like a little looser fit then go up 1/2 size. My feet start to hurt a little in tight fitted shoes & I prefer a slightly looser feel.

I am a 12E, which is a wider foot size. I fit into the 12s but had to wear the thinnest possible sock and the shoe was a tad uncomfortable after an hour+ in the field (not unbearable, just a little tight). Went up to a 12.5 with a normal sock and that helped alot. Could go 2-3 hours easily in the field without any discomfort.

DPHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
East bay J is completely right. If you have a width that is D or less, they run true to size. Basically, if you can wear a nike or adidas cleat, you should buy the same size. If you have a wider foot, go a half size up

hoopsstar22

Addicted to Softballfans
I couldn't find any of the gray or black Salomons in a size 14 for under $110 so I opted to pick up these Saucony's for $46.

The tread pattern looks decent.

4974.jpg

mihklo

I can now vouch for how good their customer service is. Yesterday I received an email with an invoice for a new pair of shoes being sent out to me free of charge. I filed a warranty claim with them due to one of the nubs ripping off. Very easy process as well. Called them, gave them the info, filled out a form, and sent them pics. Even requested a diff color and that's what they're sending.

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
I can now vouch for how good their customer service is. Yesterday I received an email with an invoice for a new pair of shoes being sent out to me free of charge. I filed a warranty claim with them due to one of the nubs ripping off. Very easy process as well. Called them, gave them the info, filled out a form, and sent them pics. Even requested a diff color and that's what they're sending.

You get to keep the old?

mihklo

As far as I know I do as I haven't heard anything from them as far as returning the old ones.

Joker

i wore mine for the first time in a game last night. they are ugly as **** but damn if they aren't light, comfortable and the grip is amazing. not thrilled with the laces, seems kinda dumb they way they are set up. might end up just switching them out with normal laces

Tru2life

Manager
Got mine yesterday. Wore them coaching the boys game and before hand worked out with the boys in the outfield, Wow! Glad I play SS cause you may turn an ankle in the outfiedl. they grab that grass/great traction. Can't wait to wear them tonight at the first game of the year.

EdgenMar

Addicted to Softballfans
I been wearing the Salomon Fellraisers and are good for wide feet... little more aggressive knobs.. also more balanced heel to fore foot..