Craziest stuff you've seen playing softball?

Bman911

some other things that need to be clarified:

1. wtf is the back fence? is that different from the OF fence?
2. is it really a bomb if it doesnt go over the fence?
3. why would you slide into the base that was being blocked if you were 'trying to avoid her'?
4. why did you just join today to tell us about your awesome coed story when you ran a chick over at home?

1. No, meant the OF Fence
2. Yes, for me it is
3. It was better than full on trucking the girl
4. Just learned about the site today

Stretch19

Grow up
just go around her...its coed softball, i have a feeling if you would have gotten tagged out at home because you chose to actually avoid the girl instead of trucking her or sliding into her and knocking her over, then everyone on your team would have been ok with it

also, if it stays in the yard...its not a bomb

amace04

some other things that need to be clarified:

1. wtf is the back fence? is that different from the OF fence?
My immediate thought is he popped way up to the catcher, who was standing on home plate than knocked it fair like that other guy. That's kind of a "back fence"?

amace04

Craziest thing I’ve ever seen...A cross dressing Tranny being allowed to play in woman’s and smashing the ball. News flash it’s still a man and shouldn’t playing.
yeah, It's 2018, and doesn't work that way.

This was actually brought up at an executive meeting in one league I'm in on how do address this situation should it arise. Post-op trannies qualify as their new gender in actual sports, they will in slowpitch softball too.

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans

This was actually brought up at an executive meeting in one league I'm in on how do address this situation should it arise. Post-op trannies qualify as their new gender in actual sports, they will in slowpitch softball too.

Who’s gonna check to verify if they are “Post Op” lol. Should be whatever it says on their Driver’s license.

amace04

Who’s gonna check to verify if they are “Post Op” lol. Should be whatever it says on their Driver’s license.
lol. Guess post-op was the wrong term to use.

How about, people who identify as female, play female. end of story. They had to do so at the beginning of the year, and can't flip back and forth.

So far, nobody's used or abuse it, and quite frankly, I'm not sure why you'd bother. Does winning beer league softball matter so much you stack up 3 dudes as chicks?

Redsfan

You guys are opening up a huge bag of worms on this one. Haha. UFC lets Cyborg fight probably because they don't want to deal with the whining minority and the possible law suits if they ban he/she. I bet there would be an uproar if Tiger Woods or Lebron cut off their wieners and went to dominate the women's tour/league.

ShortYellowBus

You guys are opening up a huge bag of worms on this one. Haha. UFC lets Cyborg fight probably because they don't want to deal with the whining minority and the possible law suits if they ban he/she. I bet there would be an uproar if Tiger Woods or Lebron cut off their wieners and went to dominate the women's tour/league.
All they need is cornrows and a sports bra. Seems legit.

Pc people rule the world.

amace04

This is hardly a one-off situation.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/transgender-woman-track-cycling-1.4863381

https://www.theguardian.com/society...er-wrestler-mack-beggs-wins-texas-girls-title

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...airness/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5439c8f50a76

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/14/us/politics/christine-hallquist-vermont.html

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans

Cyborg is a female, she has literally given birth to prove so.....now her hormone workup at a physician? Probably NGTG

Redsfan

You must have missed the part where a transgender woman won the Women's track cycling WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. Sure, it's not a "major" sport, but it's the highest tier in their sport on the world stage.

No I didn't miss it. I'm an avid cyclist myself but track racing isn't close to being as popular as the Tour de France, Giro, or Vuelta. I guess you are missing my point so we can agree to disagree.

das028

Cyborg is a chick, born a chick

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
Fallon Fox is the male to female transgender MMA fighter thats been beating the **** out of women for a couple years now. The UFC has never had one. Cyborg is a chick that was just juiced out of her mind when she trained out of Brazil. She actually looks way more ‘normal’ now than she did in prior to her UFC run.

Last edited:

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
My craziest thing has nothing to do with playing the game but selling a doz Softballs On 10/29 I shipped a doz balls to YellowBusDriver. Left local PO and arrived in Sacramento Ca; Made 2 or 3 loops around Ca then headed Back east. After making a couple loops around N.E. they landed back at my local P,O, which send the back out. After another couple of loops around N.E. they ended up back at my local PO. They were sent out again and now for the last 4 days they have been in a loop around N.E. Finally got a message (which I got 3 times) that there is a problem and are resolving it. In all they have had 35 stops.
I give credit to YellowBusDriver for his patience. like me he is curious how this is going to all end up. Will the balls ever be seen again???

blakcherry329

LOL. I don't see this as being a widespread issue anywhere. Is there a run on $100k surgeries? Why would they waste time in a meeting about this?

yellowmein

BP on a Tee
My craziest thing has nothing to do with playing the game but selling a doz Softballs On 10/29 I shipped a doz balls to YellowBusDriver. Left local PO and arrived in Sacramento Ca; Made 2 or 3 loops around Ca then headed Back east. After making a couple loops around N.E. they landed back at my local P,O, which send the back out. After another couple of loops around N.E. they ended up back at my local PO. They were sent out again and now for the last 4 days they have been in a loop around N.E. Finally got a message (which I got 3 times) that there is a problem and are resolving it. In all they have had 35 stops.
I give credit to YellowBusDriver for his patience. like me he is curious how this is going to all end up. Will the balls ever be seen again???

You never know what can happen with the post office. I sent a freak 12 to Caledonia and it never made it. I insured the bat when I sent it. Called and started a claim with the post office. The bat showed up on my front porch a couple of days later. I took the bat back to the post office and ask them why it didn’t make it to Minnesota. The post office said they would send it to Minnesota again after I took it back up there. They did not want to give me a new tracking number but I insisted they give me new tracking and they did. The freak 12 did make the trip to the correct destination in the end. I buy extra insurance every time I ship with the post office from now on.

p.s. Marl is vgtg