Craziest stuff you've seen playing softball?

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
In Sunday league, the manager's brother just got out of jail for assault. He's the kind of guy that gets bigger and ripped while in prison. He's in the on-deck circle and suddenly yells, "who you calling a *****", and chucks the bat at his brother coaching first, then charges.

The manager barely ducked the bat and then his brother was on him. Fortunately nothing really bad happened before we got them separated.

The ump says the rule is for fighting and doesn't stipulate it had to be with the other team, and ejects them both. This leaves us short, which means we have to forfeit.

Nobody on either team heard anyone call him a *****.

blakcherry329

In Sunday league, the manager's brother just got out of jail for assault. He's the kind of guy that gets bigger and ripped while in prison. He's in the on-deck circle and suddenly yells, "who you calling a *****", and chucks the bat at his brother coaching first, then charges.

The manager barely ducked the bat and then his brother was on him. Fortunately nothing really bad happened before we got them separated.

The ump says the rule is for fighting and doesn't stipulate it had to be with the other team, and ejects them both. This leaves us short, which means we have to forfeit.

Nobody on either team heard anyone call him a *****.
Was he wearing a smartwatch? Maybe he got a text. LOL

lukeamdman

We're up by a single run, the bases are loaded, and we have 2 outs. If we hold them we win.

The batter swings hard but barely tops the ball so it rolls up about 6ft in front of our pitcher. He's extremely out of shape and over weight, and at that moment all of the muscles in his legs cramp. He looks and sounds like Frankenstein as he's grunting/screaming while stiffed legged waddling to get the ball in a hurry!

It was so hilarious I don't remember how that game ended.

briney11

Addicted to Softballfans
I once saw our pitcher strike out the side. I also have seen a perfect game. It was 15 after 3 innings and the final out would've been a clean base hit into right, but our right fielder gunned the guy out at first. 9 batters, 9 outs. We had 12' tall fences where I used to live. A guy on my team hit a deep fly ball and the outfielder climbed the fence and waited and the caught it at the top of the fence.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i have been on the good side of a no hitter that was probably more than 3 innings. couple double plays after walks thrown in

blakcherry329

I threw a shut out in the quarter finals of the State tourney, a few years ago. It was a good team, not a bunch of bums.This team beat us by 10 runs a few weeks before. It went 6 innings. 14-0.

blakcherry329

Just remembered this one....

A few years ago, in an E tourney, we were beating the crap out of team. Then we stopped hitting and they started. They chipped away and were down by one with nobody out and bases loaded in the top of the 7th. This big lefty gets up and, 2nd pitch, hits the ball about 350' for an inning ending, game ending, OE. He hit it like there were unlimited HRs. lol We just sat there with our mouths open like WTF just happened?!?!
We were definitely going to lose that game for sure.

amace04

My favourite was a hard grounder straight back at the pitcher, went off the pitching rubber, then bounced back for a foul ball. Don't see that everyday.

I once saw a guy accidentally go middle, he got to first apologized the pitcher a bunch of times like he meant it and it was not intentional and he felt bad. Both teams let it go and no one screamed middles open or felt the need for payback. Craziest thing I've ever seen in softball.
This was last night for us. Dude shoots middle, right off our pitchers hip. No one runs, batter immediately walks out to check on our pitcher and shake his hand. No hard feelings and it ended their inning.

But their pitcher got mad about a ground ball I hit 7 feet to his right and liners 15 feet above his head

smoke

50AAA USA National Champs
we were on fire and batted around with only one out , then the guy who made the only out made the second out, so I said we gotta get him up again and guess what he made all 3 outs that inning. The following weekend I hit into a triple play, but its not the same
SMOKE

Dogue

Evil Genius
we were on fire and batted around with only one out , then the guy who made the only out made the second out, so I said we gotta get him up again and guess what he made all 3 outs that inning. The following weekend I hit into a triple play, but its not the same
SMOKE
I’ve made the first and third out in an inning...your story makes me feel better about myself.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Was umpiring a coed game where Team A was getting their butts handed to them by Team B. I think the score was around 31-2 at the end of the 2nd inning. A woman on Team A struck out swinging, even though she was a pretty decent player. Well, one of the guys on Team A thought she'd done it intentionally to get the game over with, so he started chirping about "losing because people aren't showing up to play" while I was brushing off the plate.

Suddenly, I hear "**** you, m***********! You can go **** yourself!" I turn around, and she's completely in his face, cussing him out. She starts yelling at her teammate "give me the bat! Give me my bat!" For a second there, I thought she was going to use it on the dude, but instead, she takes her bat, slams it into her bag, and storms out of the dugout, her boyfriend (also on the team) walking sheepishly about 30 feet behind her.

Never saw that team again. Turns out it was a work team, and dude getting cussed out was her boss. Think she might still have a job?

mvfjet

Part Time Player
A game in July the other team tried to fight my team because we were up by 14 and still adding on. Umps had to eject and suspend 2 of their players and end the game. It's not our fault they couldn't catch the ball.

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
Umpired a legit 1-0 double no hitter. Game went the full 7 innings and the lone run was a walk, followed by 2 throwing errors on fly ball outs to allow him to score....in the 1st inning

Hagen49

Umpired a legit 1-0 double no hitter. Game went the full 7 innings and the lone run was a walk, followed by 2 throwing errors on fly ball outs to allow him to score....in the 1st inning
Church league? Pretty nuts that in a game where the norm is 25+ combined runs that there is the occasional outlier like that.

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
Church league? Pretty nuts that in a game where the norm is 25+ combined runs that there is the occasional outlier like that.

Matter of fact it was a Church league. A team of kids 15-18, baseball players vs a team of a bunch of guys in their 40s that you could tell hadn't played much if at all. The older guys won btw with the young guys trying to throw the eventual scoring run out all over the place. Funny thing is after the game, they asked if they could stay and scrimmage. Older guy that ran the league asked if I wanted to play, so I did. Came up the first time and the 3b was playing about 10 ft in front of the bag. Pitcher keep looking at me then at him after I just looked at the 3b and smiled. He told him, Dude I think he knows what he's doing so you might want to back up. He said he was fine....1st pitch I smoked a liner about a foot over his head. Next time up he was about 30 ft in the grass....They both actually scored in double digits in the scrimmage game, so it was kind of crazy. Fun though....

Bman911

Just this past Monday I was playing on a coed team, hit a bomb to the back fence....as I started to run home the catcher (Female) stood directly in the base path(without the ball) so I slid into home in an attempt to avoid her. Ended up knocking her over and her husband burst out of the dugout on a b-Line toward me yelling that she is pregnant and he was gonna kill me.

Why would you put your pregnant wife on the field bro...

Stretch19

Grow up
some other things that need to be clarified:

1. wtf is the back fence? is that different from the OF fence?
2. is it really a bomb if it doesnt go over the fence?
3. why would you slide into the base that was being blocked if you were 'trying to avoid her'?
4. why did you just join today to tell us about your awesome coed story when you ran a chick over at home?

Stretch19

Grow up
sliding in coed softball, especially into a base where a female is standing, is a super hardo move

like i dont think it gets much more hardo than that, well possibly hitting middle on a chick pitching, but thats about it

its coed, if you have to slide you should have stayed your ass at the last base

Joker

some other things that need to be clarified:

1. wtf is the back fence? is that different from the OF fence?
2. is it really a bomb if it doesnt go over the fence?
3. why would you slide into the base that was being blocked if you were 'trying to avoid her'?
4. why did you just join today to tell us about your awesome coed story when you ran a chick over at home?
5. why did you post in this thread?