Review - 2018 Demarini Omega ASA/USSSA

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
My balanced Omega 2 has a ton of swings and I don’t even think it is webbing. My OG Omega was webbed up after 200 or so hits and just got better and better. I watrantied it due to a huge paint seam and it failing compression. Still kinda regret doing it and always wondered how long it would have lasted for.

Bagz

Bang!!
I fell for the Omega 2 hype on here lol.
I took a few swings before some league games Thursday. It seems it needs some loving to hit 52s better but swings very nice. My carbon is 26.5 and 26.84 on scale. I was worried it might be 27.5 after reading a few posts. Ill try to put 300 hits or so with 40 cores before i judge it on 52s. Hopefully its as good as you guys say :)

chile

Bad Ape
... Hopefully its as good as you guys say :)

even though I sold mine, I love that bat. maybe it's because I wasn't thrilled with the omega but the O2 carbon crushed the ball for me...the only reason I didn't care for the phenix was that it swung way too light. I thought about picking up another one but am pretty happy with the 13 AMs so i'm biding my time till the new demarini and LS ASA sticks come out....

Bagz

Bang!!
even though I sold mine, I love that bat. maybe it's because I wasn't thrilled with the omega but the O2 carbon crushed the ball for me...the only reason I didn't care for the phenix was that it swung way too light. I thought about picking up another one but am pretty happy with the 13 AMs so i'm biding my time till the new demarini and LS ASA sticks come out....

Thats positive news on the carbon for me :) This bat should hold me over until July when that new ASA LS is released im hoping. It will be next on to do list for sure.

Bagz

Bang!!
my plan exactly...I have managed to hold off the anarchy flips...trying to resist the 19 og flipper :/...almost there.
Im trying to resist the 19 usa flipper but thats probably not gonna happen if the carbon is a dud lol

chile

Bad Ape
Im trying to resist the 19 usa flipper but thats probably not gonna happen if the carbon is a dud lol

I hear you. I keep seeing bats that i'd like to just hit around in bp but I gotta resist :/...still up in the air about the db44 nautty. part of me says "don't bother, you might play in a whopping TOTAL of TWO utrip tourneys a year...why TF do you have all these utrip sticks???"

Bagz

Bang!!
I hear you. I keep seeing bats that i'd like to just hit around in bp but I gotta resist :/...still up in the air about the db44 nautty. part of me says "don't bother, you might play in a whopping TOTAL of TWO utrip tourneys a year...why TF do you have all these utrip sticks???"
Lol its addiction thats hard to break is all but yea you only need 1 utrip id say maybe 2 tops :cool:

chile

Bad Ape
Lol its addiction thats hard to break is all but yea you only need 1 utrip id say maybe 2 tops :cool:

I just picked up the alpha prime roller...i'd really like to thin the herd to what fits in it (6)...doubtful. admirable...but really ****ing doubtful.

dunkky

it does crush 52s after about 200 hundreds swing for me. what i found was that it will not hit old, beat up 52s well compare to other asa bats such as monsta dnam.

4xtra

Player/Coach
I took a few swings before some league games Thursday. It seems it needs some loving to hit 52s better but swings very nice. My carbon is 26.5 and 26.84 on scale. I was worried it might be 27.5 after reading a few posts. Ill try to put 300 hits or so with 40 cores before i judge it on 52s. Hopefully its as good as you guys say :)
Hang in there...
Keep it in the BP rotation and you will see what all the hype is all about.
Once you pass 400+ swings you will see the difference.
If you can get it past 500+ swings, the hype will be real.
(The Phenix with 300-400 swings will hit the 230ish mark)
The Carbon breaks in WAY faster. (the 26.5 oz I have scales at 27.3)
I am going to do a review on the Carbon real soon.

Last edited:

Yeah man

I wasn't super sold on mine right away but it was a bat I had to have. Kept giving it love and was comparing it to my '19 DC-41. It was pretty on par with the DC-41 for Utrip, but hit 52's way better. Once I finally got enough BP with it, I could not only hear a difference, but the barrel softened up quite a bit too. The only thing I don't like about it is the weighting, not a big end load fan and this thing even at a 25.5 feels like a sledgehammer. Just give it some extra BP love and then you will have a versatile bat for both associations.

slc

Does anyone know what the end load weight is on the carbon? I asked Demarini and they said the rep. said he didn't have the specs. I currently swing a 25oz Mercy and 26 oz EST both balanced and am thinking about getting the 25oz Omega Carbon buy don't want it to be too heavy.

slc

I'm new to this. Would it be hard to adjust to if I swing a 26oz balanced with no issues? Just not sure if I would be better off staying with a balanced and if the Omega is much different than my Mercy.

ShortYellowBus

The Omega is mega endloaded, especially in the 25.5oz. It’s a terrific bat, but it’s not for everyone and that’s why they’re on sale for cheap.

If you’re doing well with the Mercy, just stick to it. You don’t need more bats.

MasterMoto117

Is it me or is the barrel on the carbon more like a 13"?? I've had both the phenix and now the carbon and this thing looks bigger side by side. Which might explain the extra EL on this bat.

FYI. My 25.5 weighed in at 26.2. The end load is definitely heavier than my DC41 by at least an extra half ounce on the barrel.

MasterMoto117

I'm new to this. Would it be hard to adjust to if I swing a 26oz balanced with no issues? Just not sure if I would be better off staying with a balanced and if the Omega is much different than my Mercy.

If you do decide to go with an EL bat. I would go down to a 25 oz to get used to the swing of it. Beat that bat up for a while and then move up back to the 26 oz. If you play a lot of tournaments too it will help. So your hacks towards the end of the day don't feel like lugging an ax around.

MasterMoto117

Does anyone know what the end load weight is on the carbon? I asked Demarini and they said the rep. said he didn't have the specs. I currently swing a 25oz Mercy and 26 oz EST both balanced and am thinking about getting the 25oz Omega Carbon buy don't want it to be too heavy.

If I had to put a number on it. I would think it's around an ounce for sure. It's more end loaded than my DC41.

dunkky

I am not sure why these bats don't get more love.. i mean, worst case, it still hits hard balls really well. am i missing something here.

4xtra

Player/Coach
I am not sure why these bats don't get more love.. i mean, worst case, it still hits hard balls really well. am i missing something here.
I swear, I was wondering the same thing.
Absolutely NO ONE swings the Omega in ASA or Utrip out here
except myself and people ask me constantly what I am swinging because the ball comes off the bat nice.

The Omega has a short break in period but for some reason, many people simply give up.
It is a real deal dual stanp but because of that short break in, people rather
swing Monsta, Worth/Miken, Anarchy and what ever else trendy bat they see on FB that is "popular".

Because of the fact that people are looking for that new hot and trendy bat,
I saw a Omega Phenix NIW for $50 on offerup.
I tried everything I could to get it but it was already sold.
upload_2019-6-4_19-54-1.png