Review - 2018 Demarini Omega ASA/USSSA

chile

Bad Ape
is that omega og or two? if omega og is just as good as two, i might offer KJ to trade his omega for my beloved xxl or dc41. i don't think i can get omega 2 for my bats.

IMO, the 2 is better than the 1...didn't keep either of the 1's I had for much longer than 100-150 cuts...the carbon was/is much better for me than either of the 1's...if the weighting is the same on the phenix and carbon, the 27.5 is perfect for me...my 26.5 phenix swings much lighter than the 27.5 carbon I had. take that fwiw.

Yeah i have a 25.5 carbon and it feels heavier then my other 26.5’s. Around the 300 hit mark and its starting to soften up and can hang with my other Miken/Worths. Sound is starting to switch from a ping to a crack, but still needs more BP before its my gamer.

MasterMoto117

Would any of you gentlemen game this over an 2016 Insane?

I have an Omega 2 EL (Alloy) and this thing hits pretty stinking well. With about 300+ on it.

The ASA league I play in uses an .47 core ball. Has pretty good exit speed on it.

Curious on your thoughts as I am considering adding an Insane to my arsenal.

4xtra

Player/Coach
Would any of you gentlemen game this over an 2016 Insane?

I have an Omega 2 EL (Alloy) and this thing hits pretty stinking well. With about 300+ on it.

The ASA league I play in uses an .47 core ball. Has pretty good exit speed on it.

Curious on your thoughts as I am considering adding an Insane to my arsenal.

The omega is much hotter with all balls compared to the insane.

The insane Utrip is good with 44's and excellent with 47's
but was very average with the Classic M.

The Insane ASA hits 52's and 44's very well.

MasterMoto117

The omega is much hotter with all balls compared to the insane.

The insane Utrip is good with 44's and excellent with 47's
but was very average with the Classic M.

The Insane ASA hits 52's and 44's very well.

Thanks 4EXTRA for the feedback

AKA save my money and stick with the Omega Deuce

Twiles

The Rookie
IMO, the 2 is better than the 1...didn't keep either of the 1's I had for much longer than 100-150 cuts...the carbon was/is much better for me than either of the 1's...if the weighting is the same on the phenix and carbon, the 27.5 is perfect for me...my 26.5 phenix swings much lighter than the 27.5 carbon I had. take that fwiw.

Does the carbon have a lot of handle whip/flex?

Twiles

The Rookie
I recently picked up a carbon omega 2, and can say I agree the endload is VERY noticable. I usually swing 27-27.5 endloads so felt comfortable picking this up, but I can tell it's heavier towards the end. I'm not a fan of the whip/handle flex AT ALL, but the balls I square up (52/300 ASA League) come off quick and feel good. I'm just inconsistent with the whippy feel.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
Soo, I picked one of these up and bp'ed it today fresh out of wrapper. Probably put 100 hits on it with a mix of 52's and 44's. The bat is gas. Very close in distance I'd say to my others that are nicely broken in.

I have the omega II black w/ alloy handle.

dunkky

no question man, these boys are for real. best part is its dual stamp.

I see you also have dnam, how does it work out for you compare to Omega II hitting 52?

when i bp, i see myself swinging O II(carbon) more than dnam. I love that endload.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
no question man, these boys are for real. best part is its dual stamp.

I see you also have dnam, how does it work out for you compare to Omega II hitting 52?

when i bp, i see myself swinging O II(carbon) more than dnam. I love that endload.

To be fair, those bats are very different and probably shouldn't be compared to each other. But, for sake of your question I felt that the Omega is good, not quite to where my dnam is but think that it wont take long for it to get there. Plus, the omega will long outlast the dnam.

dunkky, I don't bp my dnam any more so I most likely wont get a side by side swing comparison.

UPDATE

Have been doing some BP along with my other bats. Compared to my semi-broken-in Freak 30, it is on par and hits M's around the same but the Omega II hits 52's faster/further. Compared to my Watermelon, it doesn't have the exit speed or distance that does. I also have a few Combat Rogo's that are just amazing but totally different bats, so I won't include those. The whip is noticeable, but not to the point of missing the ball. The endload is what gets me, I like .5 ounce or less and this thing feels like a sledgehammer even at 25.5. Been working on hitting line drives which is a little more challenging to swing level with that endload, but that could just be me. VERY STIFF feel out of the wrapper and I wasn't super sold on it right away, but after a good 500 hits, it is starting to soften/open up and having that nice crack sound and even miss-hits seem to travel. I wouldn't say it is my go-to bat for Utrip, but I wouldn't be afraid to use it in a game. I don't play much ASA, but when I will, I can confidentially step up to the plate with the Omega II.

When I was looking at this bat, I couldn't find much info about the endload weights or what the CM6 II barrel was, so I was just hoping it would have been more like a Juggy or Flipper OG. Turns out it has pretty much the same specs as the Deuce and looks almost identical in shape. Haven't swung a Deuce ever, but there are some videos out there of people giving their input. I guess all in all, if you want a good dual stamp (which are hard to come by) it is a solid option. But I'm sure most people have one bat for each association anyway.

dunkky

nice review bro. i don't get that crack sound yet. but no doubt of performance. for my swing it's on par with my dnam hitting 52. maybe a few ft behind.

which omega do you have, white or black one, you say it's 25.5? i would like to try black one endload 26.5.

ShortYellowBus

UPDATE

Have been doing some BP along with my other bats. Compared to my semi-broken-in Freak 30, it is on par and hits M's around the same but the Omega II hits 52's faster/further. Compared to my Watermelon, it doesn't have the exit speed or distance that does. I also have a few Combat Rogo's that are just amazing but totally different bats, so I won't include those. The whip is noticeable, but not to the point of missing the ball. The endload is what gets me, I like .5 ounce or less and this thing feels like a sledgehammer even at 25.5. Been working on hitting line drives which is a little more challenging to swing level with that endload, but that could just be me. VERY STIFF feel out of the wrapper and I wasn't super sold on it right away, but after a good 500 hits, it is starting to soften/open up and having that nice crack sound and even miss-hits seem to travel. I wouldn't say it is my go-to bat for Utrip, but I wouldn't be afraid to use it in a game. I don't play much ASA, but when I will, I can confidentially step up to the plate with the Omega II.

When I was looking at this bat, I couldn't find much info about the endload weights or what the CM6 II barrel was, so I was just hoping it would have been more like a Juggy or Flipper OG. Turns out it has pretty much the same specs as the Deuce and looks almost identical in shape. Haven't swung a Deuce ever, but there are some videos out there of people giving their input. I guess all in all, if you want a good dual stamp (which are hard to come by) it is a solid option. But I'm sure most people have one bat for each association anyway.
The Deuce is Stacked Composite, but you’re absolutely right. They feel and perform exactly the same.

The 2016 green Deuce is not the same, and I feel it’s more along the lines of the all black/green Future. The 2017 pink/grey Deuce feels like a repaint of the Omega CM6 2 Composite bats.

nice review bro. i don't get that crack sound yet. but no doubt of performance. for my swing it's on par with my dnam hitting 52. maybe a few ft behind.

which omega do you have, white or black one, you say it's 25.5? i would like to try black one endload 26.5.

I grabbed a 25.5 Carbon because I was worried about the endload and I'm used to 26" long barrel balanced bats. I purchased this to be my "home run" bat for Utrip but the fact it is ASA approved really made me pull the trigger. I heard Demarini's take awhile to break in too. I honestly almost gave up on it, but I kept BP'ing it and it started coming around at the 300 hit mark. It has been my only ASA bat that I have had/tried, so I don't know what a Monsta or an Anarchy bat fee like. I would like to try one out just to compare, but with you guys and others backing the Omega II up, I feel good about keeping it around.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
I grabbed a 25.5 Carbon because I was worried about the endload and I'm used to 26" long barrel balanced bats. I purchased this to be my "home run" bat for Utrip but the fact it is ASA approved really made me pull the trigger. I heard Demarini's take awhile to break in too. I honestly almost gave up on it, but I kept BP'ing it and it started coming around at the 300 hit mark. It has been my only ASA bat that I have had/tried, so I don't know what a Monsta or an Anarchy bat fee like. I would like to try one out just to compare, but with you guys and others backing the Omega II up, I feel good about keeping it around.

I haven't hit an Anarchy, but a broke in Monsta is pretty fun to hit. To be honest though, If you have any buddies with an Aftermath, hit that. They are fun to hit from swing 1 up till it breaks. I can only speak for the ASA Aftermath's though.

I haven't hit an Anarchy, but a broke in Monsta is pretty fun to hit. To be honest though, If you have any buddies with an Aftermath, hit that. They are fun to hit from swing 1 up till it breaks. I can only speak for the ASA Aftermath's though.

Not too many of my friends play softball, so I am kinda going in alone on this stuff. I wasn't super hyped on my Utrip Flipper, but I've heard/seen that they where way better for ASA. I was really thinking of purchasing a new ASA Flipper since they had them for like $150, but since I don't play ASA often, I figured it wouldn't get much use. And the ASA league that I sub in actually lets you use any bat, so I've only used my Utrip Combat Rogo since that was designed for the 52's. But I at least have a bat I can use if I play any tournaments or something that hits 52's well. Obviously don't want to swing something that isn't a decent bat when I do play ASA, but this was the first exclusive bat I have purchased and couldn't find much info about them prior to getting it.

ShortYellowBus

Not too many of my friends play softball, so I am kinda going in alone on this stuff. I wasn't super hyped on my Utrip Flipper, but I've heard/seen that they where way better for ASA. I was really thinking of purchasing a new ASA Flipper since they had them for like $150, but since I don't play ASA often, I figured it wouldn't get much use. And the ASA league that I sub in actually lets you use any bat, so I've only used my Utrip Combat Rogo since that was designed for the 52's. But I at least have a bat I can use if I play any tournaments or something that hits 52's well. Obviously don't want to swing something that isn't a decent bat when I do play ASA, but this was the first exclusive bat I have purchased and couldn't find much info about them prior to getting it.
I’ll confirm that the Omega was made to hit 52’s, and it’ll definitely get better hitting 52’s, 40’s and 44’s than the UTrip Rogo (is it the blue one?) ever will. You don’t have to switch bats for that.

I absolutely recommend the any of the Omegas if you only want to own one bat for multiple leagues.

I’ll confirm that the Omega was made to hit 52’s, and it’ll definitely get better hitting 52’s, 40’s and 44’s than the UTrip Rogo (is it the blue one?) ever will. You don’t have to switch bats for that.

I absolutely recommend the any of the Omegas if you only want to own one bat for multiple leagues.

I have 2 Rogo's (blue one and black/orange) that I absolutely love for Utrip and just use them for line drives and placement hitting when I played ASA. I know I can't hit an ASA ball out, so I just wanted to swing something that could place the ball easier. I did surprisingly well with the Rogo during a game (7/9 with 2 doubles and 1 triple), but I just wasn't as confident in my Omega II last year during these games as I am now. Still won't try to hit one out, but exit speed and placement is getting better with the Omega II now that it is getting broken in.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
Dry swung my Omega II to find out my knob clicks and is a bit loose. Hmmm, 1 BP session on it. Anyone else have issues?

I'm not concerned, I'll swing away. Just wondering.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Dry swung my Omega II to find out my knob clicks and is a bit loose. Hmmm, 1 BP session on it. Anyone else have issues?

It is somewhat common, the iconic are/were known to have the same thing I didn't say (issue) cause it is supposedly just the knob pin that is probably loose under the grip

I have not had that issue, so far. Knob/handle is all solid with no clicking and even the weight button is still on the knob. Maybe you can get lucky and have a Demarini with Easton's Mako tech on there... :)

Speaking of Combat, I think I purchased that PTE from you a few months ago, right? I have one already for myself and busted it out last night and WOW did that thing perform. So I purchased that PTE for my buddy for his birthday and he hasn't used it yet I don't think I love my Combats, I think I have like 5 of them. But sadly since they are no more, I have to find a new company to fall in love with...

4xtra

Player/Coach
I’ll save you some time.

It’s excellent.
It is ...
But some guys on here complain and get "annoyed" about bat reviews on here,
despite the fact that this IS a softball forum.

Someone even said that bat reviews are NOT necessary
and you should get your own bat and figure it out yourself.

We should start a thread on Celebrity gossip or Pop culture to make them happy ....
SMH

arther itis

payin' to get paid
It is ...
But some guys on here complain and get "annoyed" about bat reviews on here,
despite the fact that this IS a softball forum.

Someone even said that bat reviews are NOT necessary
and you should get your own bat and figure it out yourself.

We should start a thread on Celebrity gossip or Pop culture to make them happy ....
SMH

keep doing your bat reviews, if the annoyed don't like your threads then they don't have to read them

dunkky

Just ignore them. people talk crap, next day, no one remembers about it. :)

Also, if you would, post some bp videos, so guy like me can learn off of it.

with that said, man the more i swing my omega, the more i like it. it now start making that nice crack sound.. lol

4xtra

Player/Coach
Just ignore them. people talk crap, next day, no one remembers about it. :)

Also, if you would, post some bp videos, so guy like me can learn off of it.

with that said, man the more i swing my omega, the more i like it. it now start making that nice crack sound.. lol

Ill keep that in mind.
We got playoffs and tournaments coming up and Ill let some guys swing it and film it.
Ill try to get some videos of myself and one of my BP partners as well.

We like to BP at Baseball fields with the 350+ foot fences
so we can swing wild