My BP videos Official Thread

dunkky

thanks bakesta. good point. i look at it again, i am definitely understanding. but then again, you say shorten it by 6 inch, what do you mean?

i'll never reach that tree. LOL don't have the swing speed nor power. it's just a reference point. i don't know if you looked at my very first video, i used to hit the ball straight up toward the tree cuz i know the balls will not roll over all the way to the parking lot. Now, they will, reason why i am hitting somewhat diagonally. lol all that bp pays off by taking good advices from here.

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans

Not the best recording but here's some cage work with the new Mizuno Crush. First swings since Senior World's in Vegas. Felt my rotation was a bit slow.

Last edited:

Matth

Not the best recording but here's some cage work with the new Mizuno Crush. First swings since Senior World's in Vegas. Felt my rotation was a bit slow.
How old do you have to be to play in Seniors? You don’t even look close to forty?

Geezer000

Addicted to Softballfans
That’s crazy that senior ball starts at that age. How are you 40 year olds not killing people with those hot bats?

It's weird, the senior bats do hit well against the 44/375 but i'm guessing that's why they play it in vegas and florida. The heat does soften the ball a bit. I didn't use a senior bat because I felt my Mizuno u-trip Crush hit just as well and it tested at 250 a month before. But Vegas is different with the elevation. We hit 52/275 hot dots when we did BP down there and even they were going 370-380 for us HR hitters on the team.

Last edited:

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
Onyx El Presidente live bp swings. Only put a small handful on this bat because we had others to swing. Still very good and fun to swing!

Also broke out the Onyx Ha'Aha'A Bryce Oliveira in 27.5oz. It was much more stiffer out of the wrapper and seemed more midloaded than endloaded. It also had a unique sound to it when you hit it.

dunkky

as usual, great cuts! how would you rate el presente against mizuno crush? which one is your preference?

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
as usual, great cuts! how would you rate el presente against mizuno crush? which one is your preference?

The Prez will have a much softer barrel feel than the Crush.I also feel like youd feel just a very very small bit of flex in the Prez as compared to the Crush, which would feel more stiff. Both are great performers, but from the wrapper I'd go with the Prez

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
The Prez will have a much softer barrel feel than the Crush.I also feel like youd feel just a very very small bit of flex in the Prez as compared to the Crush, which would feel more stiff. Both are great performers, but from the wrapper I'd go with the Prez

Can't wait to give the Crush some swings. I'm starting 50+ in 2020 and while I have a few Sr bats, the Onyx has my interest too....

dunkky

ff2 round II
probably the best bp session i ever had so far. seemed like everything was working. hip rotation, snapping, overall, just smooth swing thru the zone.

am i the only one doing bp?? come on gentlemen, let's see it.

dunkky

you are pretty good at hitting the ball with self toss. i can't do it anymore. Just so used to hitting it off my tee plus overlap grip.

Matth

you are pretty good at hitting the ball with self toss. i can't do it anymore. Just so used to hitting it off my tee plus overlap grip.
I’m not the best with the tee. I’ve been doing soft toss all my life. I use an overlap grip when I hit in games. When I do soft toss I just drop the bottom hand pinky.

dunkky

i like it. i don't like go-pro shots. everything looks like 400ft bombs with laser exit speed.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven’t shot with a GoPro for years. I have been using a pretty good camera, just not a lens built for what I was needing.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
DC41 is a full ounce endload. The defender is sold in half ounce endloads, so youd feel a decent change in swing weight.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
if that was full frame, 24mm would be wide enough but it seems a bit narrow on aps-c at 35'ish mm...

Not necessarily going for a wider FOV. Just wanting a deeper FOV. The f/2.8 really pulls everything closer which is what I was after. You can see where a well hit ball lands, instead of just guessing based on the trajectory of it.