Recent content by BSBR

1. B

New Kids On The Block - Bat Manufacturers

As far as USA/ASA goes it seems like every time I watch a bat reviewer (softball bat bros, the bat hound, tomahawk), Monsta is outperforming everything (which has also been my experience) The only question is are they worth the drama, the wait, etc, because they outperfom everything else for...
  2. B

5man vs 4man

Big outfields definitely are a factor. We have fields that are around 330 to the gaps, but 270 down the lines and like 310 to center. It's always tough to decide what to do there. Rf and Lf are small, but cf is huge. Usually play the 5 still and outfielders give a little more line to cover...
  3. B

This place used to be the bomb.

I dont understand why someone asking a "stupid" question is an issue to some people. If you think it's stupid, why even comment? Move on, ignore the post. Why tell the person,, that question was answered back in 2001 on this board, why don't you search you idiot. Maybe **** has changed since...
  4. B

5man vs 4man

So we run a lot of 5 man, as I think it is usually the better defense. What are peoples opinions on the 5 vs 4man? What are some situations where you should go 4man? Advantages of each? How do you run cuts? Who takes 2nd on the turn? Just wanted to start a general discussion on the 5man...
  5. B

This place used to be the bomb.

I think a handful of members that want to tell every person how stupid their question is, demean them for asking it and generally being assholes will drive new members off. Why would any of the "new generation" want to be active on a board that you can only asked joker and country approved...
  6. B

Obstruction or interference

Two fielders (1st baseman and 2nd baseman) are moving to a fly ball in the baseline between 1st and second, calling each other off, ball is closer to 2nd base then 1st base. Runner from 1st collides with 1st baseman. 2nd baseman drop flyball, possible due to the collision distraction. Is this...
  7. B

Sluggers or Fielders

Good fielders are usually good athletes, and usually a good athlete can turn into a good hitter. I think fielding can improve but only so much. You cant teach speed, its very hard to improve an arm, and I've found you can only improve a persons ability to field a grounder or flyball so much...
  8. B

ND Softball: Drain the Swamp Thread

Did you just answer your own question "Which is closer....ball or the Lords return"? Einhorn?
  9. B

Hold your bat like you are holding a broom stick.

What??? Maybe he just has really tender Hamate's? I know I love quality hamate protection. Just because all 4 of his posts where posted within 5 minutes and each other, and mentions this company "he just heard about", doesn't mean he works for them /S.
  10. B

Batting gloves? Best and most durable?

I ordered a pair of Seibertron B-A-R PRO 2.0 and have been really impressed by the durability. Great gloves for under $20.
  11. B

State tournament dates and locations are up on the state site.
  12. B

Overlap grip vs. conventional (again)

Not sure why people have to be so insulting on here. Not sure what pleasure people get out of being assholes to strangers.. Seriously, isn't the whole point of a forum to have multiple opinions and viewpoints, and have good discussions? I also have played/play with some former D1 and 2...
  13. B

So let me get this straight, Dvorak wins 2 games at C state as a C team, and went i think went around .500 in tournaments and are still allowed to move down to D? Seems odd. Also looks like Mulligans successfully moved to D, even though they were in the C quarter finals last year and didn't...
  14. B

Agree that 4 Recs is probably too many, and it definitely does drive down the number of D and C teams in the state. Just 4 more classifications for people to sandbag in. The argument for it is the number of teams ND has compared to other states per population. More divisions makes for more...
  15. B

E, D, C etc Leagues

Associations usually classify their teams and players (A, B, C, D, ETC.) Your local league should classify teams that play in their league in accordance with the association guidance, although this varies greatly depending on league, state, etc. Some states only classify teams/players that...