Recent content by rhound50

1. rhound50

Leaving the overlap grip behind

I worked and worked to get comfortable with the overlap grip and when I hit one good the overlap group probably adds 10 feet. The thing is I have better bat control with a standard grip and I find it much easier to hit backside with the standard grip. I can clear a 300 foot fence when needed and...
  2. rhound50

Shin Guards

This is what I use, the Fox motocross that go over the knee. They are easier to move in than catchers shin guards and take to a pretty solid shot and hold up.
  3. rhound50

Craziest stuff you've seen playing softball?

I once played a tournament where multiple people hit the ball over 300 feet and no one said single thing about bats being shaved.
  4. rhound50

ASA Fair or Foul? Toe on 3rd Base Heel in Foul Territory

Only thing that matters is where the ball is, his heal is in foul territory, foul ball.
  5. rhound50

Senior softball is fun but

This ^^^^^^. If you really think reading SBF gives you data/facts about the overall rate of injury rates its pretty clear you don't know understand what those words mean. I've seen injuries in all forms of softball over the 20+ years I've played the game, I haven't seen any actual data about...
  6. rhound50

I am actually the one who started the thread and I am playing senior ball. All I said was its insane how fast the ball comes off the bat and questioned if 40 year olds really need lightsabers and rocks. No doubt its fun to see the ball go 375 instead of 325 when I get all of one, its fun to hit...
  7. rhound50

USSSA Never seen this before

Usssa tournament Batter hits a ball in the gap, runner goes for 2nd throw comes from the outfielder. SS catches the ball and swipes at the runner holds up the ball like he tagged him. Base Umpire calls the batter runner out. The runner goes crazy screaming he didn’t even come come close to...
  8. rhound50

The offensive ejections and taking away home runs doesn't fix it. USSSA for years had more teams playing E worlds than all the other levels combined and it was 0 bombs and an inning ending offensive ejection for a home run.
  9. rhound50

Infield fly

How the heck did this get to 20+ posts without getting to a pretty simple answer.
  10. rhound50

Its senor tournies not league but yeah pitchers are pretty armored up. Everyone wears a full mask, most wear shin guards too, if I could find a chest protector that didn't hinder my ability to move I'd wear one too. They give each team 8 home runs and max of 5 runs per inning until the last...
  11. rhound50

USSSA Interference/Obstruction

The runner was running up the first baseline the ball landed and if it had bounced straight back up he would have run right past it. The problem is the ball had some funny spin on it so it spun in front of the runner. The fielder moved in front of the br to follow the ball and right in front of...
  12. rhound50

I hate the 52/300 ball it so freakin bouncy and far to many bad hops at my face so I'm not a fan of that plan. I've had a number of hot USSSA bats, the red knob DC41 after 1000 swings is nasty. Hitting classic Ms the senor bats are significantly hotter. I've been wearing my pitchers mask playing...
  13. rhound50

So I just turned 40, played my first couple of senor tournaments and gotta says it a lot of fun. First off its nice to be the young fast guy again, hitting is crazy the ball/bat combo is insane. I have a monsta fossil and a Dudley Lightning holy crap combine those with the rock hard balls and...
  14. rhound50

Craziest stuff you've seen playing softball?

I once saw a guy accidentally go middle, he got to first apologized the pitcher a bunch of times like he meant it and it was not intentional and he felt bad. Both teams let it go and no one screamed middles open or felt the need for payback. Craziest thing I've ever seen in softball.
  15. rhound50

Best Softball bat

The one that hits 400 ft bombs with no bat speed required.