Recent content by southpaw15

1. S

Anyone hit the freak 20th asa short barrel?

I tested the ASA short barrel bats, and put well over 1000 swings on the prototypes, and now I have close to 1000 swings in the KP23 ASA bat and there are no cracks what so ever. I have hit nothing but Hot Dots and Dudley HyCor .52 cor balls, in 30-40 degree weather, and been super pleased with...
  2. S

Rawlings Event

I'm glad you were able to get a tour of the Tech Center. I'm lucky enough to visit there quite often and take BP and test bats. Newman is a fun guy to talk to and see some of their designs. There are way too many RHT gloves in that facility and around the custom glove area though!!!
  3. S

ASA Patriot

I've probably got ~500 swings on my Patriot, and no signs of slowing down. Bat performs great, sounds different than anything Miken, and definitely has a lot of flex on impact. I just finished testing a 13.5" stiff handle ASA prototype, and I really like the stiff handle over the flex, but...
  4. S

ASA Patriot

Here's a review that I hope helps some of you and takes some pressure off of Wheeler. Give the guy a break, he's at least out there hitting this bat and trying to give you guys some sort of perspective. I've been involved in the Miken/Worth testing program for many years now, and try to give...
  5. S

New Mizuno 2pc Nighthawk pics

Holding up very well in my opinion. We've had our bats now since a few weeks before our Dual in FL, and they've been doing very well for us. My 28oz EL has about 500 swings on it between BP and games, and still tests around 240 at each Conference Event I play in. I don't want it going much...
  6. S

I can say this, my balanced Nighthawk tested in the wrapper at 258. I put 100 swings on it for BP, tested at 230 before we played last weekend in NC. I don't think it needs much of anything to be able to game it in my opinion. I personally don't have a EL version, but the guys on our team...
  7. S

We had a fun weekend as a whole, and it was great that a lot of guys came up and introduced themselves. The cookout going on in the middle of the fields was pretty impressive, that's how we maintain our weight...LOL!! Chudder definitely held his own at 3rd and started figuring out the flatter...
  8. S

Great meeting you guys as well. It's always nice putting faces with names on the board. The Canadians can definitely smash it, great guys on and off the field as well. Looking forward to a very fun year and representing Mizuno!
  9. S

My Nighthawk Review (Roboload)

UPDATE: Successful weekend in NC hitting all of the Mizuno bats!! We were hitting the .44/375 SSAA balls, in 45-60 degree weather, and not one bat broke! The performance of the new Nighthawk did not disappoint at all, and I think even shocked many other teams we played against. We had guys...
  10. S

Coming from a Cubs fan, you would definitely recognize a TUG FEST!!! LOL, had to take that shot!! Go CARDS....many many World Series championships!!!
  11. S

NC I'm so honored to be playing on the same field, and same team as the almighty CHUDDER!!!! LOL, can't wait to see you guys tomorrow in NC. FYI, my bats were tested yesterday at the Worth/Miken/Rawlings technology center on their new device and here are the results. NIW Balanced 27...
  12. S

My Nighthawk Review (Roboload)

I am looking forward to hitting them this weekend in NC for our 1st tournament with most of our TaylorMade guys. I have a balanced version now, hoping to get our hands on the Robo load very soon though. I've been mostly confined to indoor swings, so looking forward to seeing the spin...
  13. S

the Carolinas

Any of you guys playing in Peters Creek next weekend?
  14. S

For Sale If SBF were to create an Exclusive 13" HOH What would you like to see?

Always hating on the lefties! LOL, I'd be interested in something like this also for a LHT option.
  15. S

Pitchers... Fielding the middle

T. Heck, great questions and some interesting responses. First and foremost, it comes down to being comfortable with your own abilities before you toe the rubber. If you are confident that you can protect yourself, mentally you've won the hardest battle when it comes to pitching. Going into...