Search results

1. TheKid33

To Stay or Go?

I just wanna know who in their right mind thinks it’s ok to bring someone out as just a pinch hitter in slowpitch league ball? Is this a sponsored team? Even so, I have never seen a team that brings guys to sit the bench and not even be in the batting order. That’s straight up disrespectful to you.
  2. TheKid33

Official Last Bat 2023

2 run line drive single to left center in the top of the 7th to put us up 4 runs, end up winning by 6. We struggled all game and broke through when it mattered. Felt great.
  3. TheKid33

What year did composite "hot out of the wrapper" bats start being sold?

100% the worth bats I bought in 2013-14 were insane out of the wrapper. Mayhem, Legit, Sick Resmondo. I would take first swing with those bats during a game.
  4. TheKid33

Batting Gloves

Franklin pro classic or cfx-pro. Rawlings Workhorse.
  5. TheKid33

Official Last Bat 2023

sharp groundball through the 5-6 hole for a single. I limped to first base lol. Gotta get use to playing 3 nights a week again.
  6. TheKid33

Official Last Bat 2023

Hard line drive right to the middle man
  7. TheKid33

Slowpitch softball discord

https://discord.gg/6HB2nmF4
  8. TheKid33

2023 - Spring - Softball

Supposed to have bp with guys from both my teams tomorrow. 54 and sunny.. if at least 8 guys don’t show up I’m going to make Bob Knight seem like a saint with my rant in the group text.
  9. TheKid33

Slowpitch softball discord

I just joined. Thanks!
  10. TheKid33

New utrip rules, etc

Anyone playing shortstop shouldn’t need a courtesy runner. There should be a rule against that lmfao
  11. TheKid33

New utrip rules, etc

Yeah same. Guys scared of the ball on the infield or they don’t have the skills required for the position. Everyone wants to play outfield.
  12. TheKid33

Describe One Of Your Best Defensive Plays

F’in sweet. Congrats 🍻
  13. TheKid33

Describe One Of Your Best Defensive Plays

well I’m basically a full time DH now but main position was always 2nd base. Turned a lot of double plays, had a really good quick transfer (still do haha).. but my absolute favorite play that stands out is back in 2017. A ball was hit up the middle on the second base side. I played deep with 2...
  14. TheKid33

Getting moved around in the batting order? Discuss

I had a problem 2 years back with a few on my team who didn’t communicate with me whether they’d be at our games or not. I’d text the day before and get no response. Then text again multiple times the day of. So I get subs. Game time comes. Now have 13 players. First couple times it happened I...
  15. TheKid33

Happy New Year - Are you playing this year?

Happy New Year all. Definitely excited for the spring season. A little more than 3 months to go. I had a severe ankle sprain back in mid October that forced me to sit out the last week in one of my leagues and playoffs for my leagues. I’m still not all the way right, but I’m going to start...
  16. TheKid33

Is your own team chatter helpful?

I don’t mind the rah rah type chatter “big hit here!” “Let’s go!” Stuff of that nature. I also don’t mind when I make a mistake if someone calls it out so I can emphasize correcting it “keep your head on the ball”. “Follow through”. “Weight back”. Etc. What I don’t like is talking to me like I...
  17. TheKid33

Official Last Bat 2022

Thursday night: I ended my season with my first triple of the season. Bad news: it’s because I twisted my ankle Saturday night when I was drunk.. gotta miss last reg season doubleheader on Wednesday and playoffs for Thursday and the next Wednesday.. I’m so mad. April is a long way from now.
  18. TheKid33

Slow pitch co-rec perfect game

That’s awesome. Good stuff man. I once was on the wrong side of a no hitter. 4 innings.. not one hit.. I took a base on balls and a teammate reached on error. Men’s league.. EMBARASSING! 2017 was a bad year for my team lol.
  19. TheKid33

***** bats

For winning our softball championship we get to choose a bat from the shop at our complex. It’s all 26 and 25 oz bats. I’m probably going to grab the 25 for the sheer sake we don’t have one in our dugout yet. I’m not going to swing it though. 27 oz has always been perfect for me
  20. TheKid33

Official Last Bat 2022

Line drive single to left field.