Search results

1. F

Price check on Ultra

Amazon has ultra II currently listed for $189.
  2. F

Bat help.......

I have a 26oz nightmare that is 2 years old. Endload appears to be nominal 1/2 oz. Balance point and bat speed compare with swing of 27 oz Dudley, balanced. The durability is hard to beat. I’ve got over 6000 swings on mine and used it all winter for BP. The12 “ barrel has a lot of visible...
  3. F

Dudley Lightning Fielding Gloves

Post man just delivered my glove. Good quality leather. Not the same as HOH, But as good as any glove you are likely to find for double the money. Thanks
  4. F

Combat senior bat question

For bogie or others. The marketing blurb for the rocket launcher mentions "triple wall" construction. I believe demarini has claimed something similar in their composite bats. Do you know how they separate the layers and what the principal goal is? Thanks
  5. F

need clarification

That sounds logical. But I tend to side with hitemdeep Recent 'clarification' by SSUSA staff has provided a pretty narrow list of bats approved for senior use. A few popular senior bats recently failed the approval process for either financial or admin reasons. I'm sure many of the ASA bat...
  6. F

need clarification

Dave D was pretty clear about the status of bats with unpaid insurance. If you are not on the 'approved list', you are officially NOT approved. I think AD Starr is the only company that did not pay up. Which is surprising considering they are currently marketing a 2017 issue of their senior...
  7. F

Grip paint?

No worries. I think we are both on the same side of this fence. I just wanted to be sure that nobody would think poorly of Dudley because I was bashing their marketing claims.
  8. F

Grip paint?

After 2 seasons of frequent use, the tacky coating on my Dudley has almost completely worn off. I do feel I get more knuckle balls now, but I think that is because the barrel compression is softer from use and fatigue. The biggest difference I've noticed is that I have less dirt attached to the...
  9. F

Grip paint?

I don't believe imparting spin to the ball should be considered a gimmick. However, in virtually all high speed images of the collision between bat and ball the amount of deformation to both is significant. I believe the amount of mechanical interaction due to changes in shape are dramatically...
  10. F

New Adidas 12 in

Yeah, that too. I realize that by the time you get to be our age folks are pretty set in their ways......I'm not trying to change your mind about which bat is or will be your favorite. But if you can't hold hands how do you decide which one swings like the ones in your bag? Everybody "feels"...
  11. F

New Adidas 12 in

With the relatively few measurements available, There seems to be a significant variation in endload, BP, swing weight,etc. Between brands, Between models, Between batch numbers Between model weights And ..? If there is a "feel" you are shopping for, a tape measure ( and scale) will go a long...
  12. F

New Adidas 12 in

Maybe it's just too good to pass BPF w/o keeping the xtra weight in the handle. :)?
  13. F

Dudleys not approved as of now!

I'm pretty sure the insurance is why SSUSA feels pretty confident allowing old guys to use composite bats to launch 100+ mph missiles at other old guys. It's not that they don't think there is any chance of someone getting hurt. It's not that they think bats are not hot enough. .....it's because...
  14. F

Lightning 2.0

The title is a bit confusing. Dave is apparently planning another review of newest 12" Dudley 2.0 due to some recent reports of durability problems. But, just to be clear, I do not believe there has been a recall of any bats by the manufacturer or vendors. Like most senior bats their is no...
  15. F

New Adidas 12 in

I agree that the numbers can be very helpful in quantifying the "feel" of a bat you may like to swing. IMO, Doug had the best approach by using a number he called the swing index. SWING INDEX= BP X TOTAL WT. It turns out that swing index is a very good estimate for the moment of inertia (MOI)...
  16. F

New Adidas 12 in

For comparison purposes, a little while back, Doug posted that his 27 oz melee2 (normal length barrel) had a measured BP of 21.5" It's curious that his measurement is even higher than the estimate for Dave's 12 in barrel M2. regards, Bill
  17. F

New Adidas 12 in

Dave V. measured total weight and barrel weight of 27 oz Melee 2 with 12 in barrel ( see link above) If his weights are correct, the balance point should be 21.4" from knob. BP x total wt = barrel wt x total length (BP = 16.7 x 34 / 26.5) Bill
  18. F

Best Senior Bat available today? (for 52 balls?)

this little experiment has lasted almost two years and it does sound like a lot of swings but I've been counting. God didn't bless me with size or natural athletic ability, but I do seem to be durable ( so far). The dog and I go to the park to hit softballs. she burns up enough energy to sleep...
  19. F

I imagine that would be both a function of bat and batter. in my case...60,short, slow and 170 lbs with warning track power. my 2016 Dudley probably gained another 30 feet once it broke -in. ( approx. 10% bump in distance) that was after 300 swings. it has over 1500 swings now. no sign of...
  20. F

I wish you had finished that sentence because I may have a slightly different take on BPF for seniors. Without starting any rants, BPF of 1.21 is just the starting point for senior bats. They get tested as "Brand-New" bats, no break-in, no pre conditioning like rolling. No testing up and down...