Search results

1. T

Primo Supermax or DC-41 ?

Yeh, as I looked at Worth bats that seemed to be the deal. And yep, that's at the core of my concern. Some background: I tried a few bats 7 years ago after I started to play again after 40 years and a 27oz Balanced bat seemed to be way to go. It felt smoother and easier as it should...
  2. T

Yeh, your idea of swinging the same overall weight in all bats; but varying the EL, or in your case bat length makes this easier. Thanks for tip. And I only want to go a bit heavier so I don't completely overshoot my ability and mess up my swing. I was initially fixed on a...
  3. T

Ah ... this is interesting: Miken = Worth. Miken 14"= Worth 13.5", Miken12"=Worth13.5", Worth XL= Miken maxload, Worth XXL = Miken Supermax. I knew they merged but did not know the comparitives. Thanks. Oh wait: The equation Miken 14"=Worth 13.5" and Miken 12" =...
  4. T

So I want to buy a bat that is a notch heavier than I am swinging now. I am currently hitting a USSSA Primo 27" OZ. Maxload. I am considering a 28 OZ Primo Maxload or a 27 OZ DC-41 to swing more weight . I have tried a few bats of others, but the thing that destroys...
  5. T

Marucci c mod gloves

Anyone with experience playing the retail version C-MOD : (Thinking about the shift 12 3/4, but feedback on any of them would be appreciated.) How was it? - Break in? - Playability - how is it better for you in any way? - How does the index and pinkly inserts help...
  6. T

Marucci Fielding Gloves

OK on the wrist setting ... but I'm still wondering were the base of my palm is for the hand/finger measurement since I am right at the dividing line between medium and large. ( I suggest a drawing o the website for this.) With your palm facing and in front of your face and bending your...
  7. T

Marucci Fielding Gloves

Regarding the CMOD, can you advise what would be most likely to fit if I have a 7" medium tapered wrist opening in my gloves, but my fingers may be longer than medium size CMOD lists. But to be sure : In measuring my finger length where do I measure from my wrist area and do I measure...
  8. T

Has anyone here ordered a Marucci CMOD yet? Seen a review?

Thanks for this info. It will probably take a call to someone there. I need the MEDIUM 7" tapered wrist opening, but have LARGE fingers size length.
  9. T

Has anyone here ordered a Marucci CMOD yet? Seen a review?

"The shift pattern of the c mod feels nice however a little bit awkward (I wear TIP in all my gloves)" mv_mkv So do I. Could you elaborate a bit - seems contradictory - and I'm sure it's not. Would the opening of the 'medium' handstall be about 7" or ? Thanks,
  10. T

SP 125 or Rawlings 12.5 patterns?

I've used most of the gloves you mention with the exception of the NP7 to find one I liked when I started playing again, except for the NP7 a few years ago. My 208 was a custom and I had asked that it be very stiff. I don't know if they took this to heart or if they are all made alike...
  11. T

A PRO200 fan needing advice and a collection pic

I will try to post a few images for you - however I tried to list a Miken 2016 Freak Black many would think is a pretty good bat and a new Jason Kendrick Senior bat, but the website would not accept it as too large a file. My camera's don't apparently take small enough files. Your hands are...
  12. T

A PRO200 fan needing advice and a collection pic

I was in the same predicament you seem to be in and wondering what to use in the way of a glove for softball. In my case I was entering the game after a 30 some year absence. Shame on me - but after a year or two of looking and trying I found the 208 to be my best pick. I had to make it...
  13. T

Rattling Noise in Brand New Miken Highlighter

Great ...thanks
  14. T

Thanks ... Yes, a tuning fork would be a perfect example of the sound! (Maybe in B flat / C sharp:cool:) So I am guessing then that such a 'rod' would be placed there for stability and perhaps runs from the knob through the area where the barrel and handle join and maybe attach to it...
  15. T

"On a Miken or Worth 2 piece? Like a buzzing sound almost? I've seen some do this when you hold the barrel in your hands and bounce the knob off the ground. I just assumed it was something with the handle and barrel connection." The BP Hero Yes, I could almost liken it to a buzzing sound . It...
  16. T

2020 Primo Maxload

Thanks - didn't Combat go belly up?
  17. T

"The BP Hero, post: 19124700, member: 48674"]This does happen from time to time with some bats. 99.9 percent of the time it's just a small piece of glue from the endcap being applied to the bat. " I've heard a "rattle vibration" sound when a bat is hit or tapped on the ground in a number...
  18. T

2020 Primo Maxload

If I spent more time on here or knew you I'd know, but I '''guessing''' your being sarcastic …..
  19. T

2020 Primo Maxload

Yea, really close to giving up on any new Miken bats. I would like to hear of anything encouraging as well, if there is anything along those lines about the 2020 model. I know of five 2019 Primo maxloads used last year by myself and league players and 4 of them had issues - mostly bad...
  20. T

Vinci TJ1952 or BR4600

With practices perhaps an equivalent of something in the mid 80's to 90's back then. However, note I like a very stiff glove - thumb and pinky especially - when I compare my glove to the gloves others play with. I would say the glove from an otherwise durability standpoint outside of that...