Search results

1. S

Would you quit your league if...

I’ve seen this trend the last few years, basically it all comes down to why teams are playing, if they are playing for fun the bats won’t matter. So, IMO it will provide a reasonably safe and fun environment for those teams that just want to play some rec league ball because if there are other...
  2. S

Swing plane Question

Marking this to read through all of it later, looks like some good stuff here. Finding the time to work on my swing is another story, but I don’t remember seeing this much good advice in one post in a long time so want to make sure I save this one.
  3. S

ASA No catch

Did the umpire call the batter out on the ‘no catch’ or was he safe because he was saying it wasn't caught? Once the umpire calls it ‘no catch’ wouldn’t it be treated like it hit the ground and the base runner wouldn’t have to tag?
  4. S

ASA Foul Tip Question

^ Thanks, I learned something new! Thanks to everyone for posting in here and helping us learn the rules!
  5. S

ASA Foul Tip Question

I’m confused. Is it a different rule for a foul ball directly to the catcher as opposed to a foul ball elsewhere in the field? For example, if i’m playing left field and catch a ball in foul territory does it have to be a clean catch in my glove and if it hits my body first but not the ground...
  6. S

ASA 1st Base interference.

My suggestion is talk to the league director about getting the double first base bag. Years ago before the double bags we played against a 1st basemen who would always put his foot toward the foul side of the bag and unfortunately I wound up stepping on his foot one game and rolled my ankle...
  7. S

Hey D Nation....what shoes do you wear?

I use Mizuno 9 spike mids for a little extra ankle support and I bought some cushioning insoles as I’m used to wearing running sneakers when not in cleats and I like the padding. They still aren’t as comfortable as running shoes but the insoles make a big difference. I haven’t used too many...
  8. S

Need help – end cap came out of white steel, what do you do?

I finally got around to calling them and they said even though it’s been a little over a year to send it in since it’s the newer model and they typically will fix endcap issues. I’ll update if anything changes, but this is my first bat return and I’m impressed with DeMarini customer service so...
  9. S

Best Upset you have had

Several years ago I played in a league that basically split a 12 game season into two 6 games mini-seasons. We went 0-6 the first half and 5-1 in the 2nd, wound up in a tie for 1st place and won the tie breaker game. It wasn’t a single game upset, but second half redemption. By default I...
  10. S

Pitchers thoughts...

We have the same situation because it’s a work team so everyone plays, and when we’re short players we have some guys from different countries give it a try because we can’t exclude everyone so we do it for fun. When we get our regular ‘fill in’, he kind of shot puts the ball back to our...
  11. S

Best way to deal w/ sitting an extra guy?

Since this is just for fun and league you need to be fair about it and just make sure everyone rotates in the same amount and be up front with everyone. If you wind up sitting the same guys every game it’s not fair to them and I won’t blame them if they quit. But I’m sure they’d be fine...
  12. S

Call that ends of the game?

Isn’t this an appeal play?
  13. S

ups shipping blunder

^ I think this is closer to the truth in many cases, and it’s why threads like this are bad, it gives people the wrong idea and the rest of us pay for it in the end with increased shipping rates. There’s no such thing as a free bat, the cost of the missing bat has to come from somewhere else.
  14. S

^ Thanks! I'll cal them to check it out.
  15. S

First, this is legit and I’m not trying to sell bat so don’t ask. I also tried a search but couldn’t find an answer, I only found about 1,000 bats for sale. Here’s the deal, I missed last week’s games and was told yesterday our white steel broke, got bat today and it looks fine so asked was it...
  16. S

ups shipping blunder

Not that I really care, but with all the other ‘stories’ that pop up on here I’m not sure if this post is even legit. Good luck to both partied involved if it is though, and learn from your mistakes and in the very least contact UPS right away next time.
  17. S

ups shipping blunder

To clarify you received the wrong package by mistake? If so, someone else should be looking for the package you got by mistake as well and I’m guessing tracking labels, shipping addresses, etc won’t match up and it should be pretty east to figure out at least where the wrong package came from...
  18. S

would this piss you off?

We can’t answer this for you because it all comes down to your personal opinion and why you play softball. Pick one of the following on how it applies to you: My team likes to sandbag and we try to beat teams by the highest score we can – complain to the LD that they shouldn’t be allowed to...
  19. S

TOP This League D bag

Which league is this, the WH one? Funny I would have guessed I’d see entire teams dressed like this in the Greenwich leagues but sadly that’s not the case. Anyone can wear what they want when they play and I don’t care as it's their choice and I assume the more strangely dressed you are...
  20. S

NGTG call during a play?

Any 3B I’ve played with just throw the ball and make the play. It sounds like this is something you should ask him or your team to make sure they are cool with it. Like some have mentioned, I usually don't yell to the infield except to tell them to ‘eat it’, to watch out for someone trying to...