1st Annual Hit & Sit in Urbana, IL

BATTITUDE

Extra Hitter
Battitude is hosting there 1st Annual Champaign/Urbana Hit & Sit Men's Slowpitch Tournament @ Prairie Fields in Urbana, IL

SPONSORED BY Larry's Limo Service/Sidney Saloon
ONE DAY ONLY Saturday May 7th, 2011

$175 Entry Fee- MUST BE PAID IN CASH by 1st game @ tourney (Payout Based on Final # of Teams)

3-game guarantee

ASA Rules

Strike mat - any part of mat and plate at same time strike but plate only NOT a strike

Start with a 1-1 count and no courtesy foul

USSSA Approved Bats Allowed

Supply your own 44/375 Optic Yellow Balls - Must be ASA stamped

5 & 1 UP HR Rules (CAN NOT go up in the bottom of the 7th)

Two Umps for all games

Stealing ALLOWED

NO metal cleats

Concessions Available on Site provided by Battitude

Contact Me at:
Tiffany Matthis
217-415-5984
[email protected]
or PM me here on Softball Fans

*All Games will have an 1 hour time limit. No inning will start after 60 minutes
* Need to have teams at the field ready go for their games 15 minutes prior to scheduled start time
* 1 Courtesy runner per inning - last out
* May bat 12 batters
* No alcohol allowed inside the complex.

Payouts Based on Final # of Teams

1.) reapers - bloomington/normal
2.) dominate - springfield
3.) hooters - champaign / urbana
4.) multiple scoreGasms - champaign /urbana
5.) small ballerz - champaign / urbana
6.) bottoms up - springfield
7.) papa's lil phillies - champaign / urbana
8.) charleston bears - charleston
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)

8 teams @$175=$1400 (1st = $600, 2nd = $300) leaving $500 for field, lights, umpires, and donation to the Lauren McDaniel Cancer Benefit.

Hooters vs Small Ballerz 8am
Multiple Scoregasms vs Reapers 9am
Papas Lil Phillies vs Bottoms Up 10am
Dominate vs Charleston Bears 11am

IF no more teams add before Thursday AM

Last edited:

KCarroll1

Addicted to Softballfans
It originally said Prairie Fields, but it doesn't anymore. Not sure why it was taken off. Maybe it's moved to another location???

Rkstr_Gourley

YUUUUUUUP
Yeah where are you playing this at for sure Tiffany. Besides why ASA Balls they are JUNK. Since you are using USSSA bat list?

tdt11

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah where are you playing this at for sure Tiffany. Besides why ASA Balls they are JUNK. Since you are using USSSA bat list?

More than likely for all the glass that shows up at cash tourneys. Smart and safe or 44/400 balls and asa bat list. Nobody wants to see their pitcher or anyone else hauled off on a stretcher.

jhob54

who cares
More than likely for all the glass that shows up at cash tourneys. Smart and safe or 44/400 balls and asa bat list. Nobody wants to see their pitcher or anyone else hauled off on a stretcher.

Think that sums it up pretty good

Rkstr_Gourley

YUUUUUUUP
Biggest thing is she needs to find a spot to ahve it first. I heard a rummor it was going to be moved to Philo. If she does how will we get a 3 game guarantee on field that will take 2 if not 3 days for 12 teams if she get them all.

BATTITUDE

Extra Hitter
Response from Battitude

Yes Kevin thank you for responding quickly to the thread. The original location I posted was Prairie Fields in Urbana and that is STILL an option and we have tentativly reserved the fields with Kyle. However, we are considering our field options that have become available to Battitude at this point in CHAMPAIGN/URBANA.

Travis - There are several deciding factors at this point on the field location. One beign weather and two being # of teams that sign up. Battitude wishes to give EVERY team a 3 game guarantee and wanting to see as many teams as possible sign up. This also will be a ONE day only tournament as Mother's Day is Sunday, May 8th.

Battitude also wish to contribute as much as possible to the Lauren McDaniel Cancer Benefit beign hosted at Po Boys along with giving a HIGH CASH payout to the teams that participate.

Example: 10teams @$175=$1750 (1st = $700, 2nd = $350, 3rd = $175) leaving $525 for field, lights, umpires, and donation to the Lauren McDaniel Cancer Benefit.

We will be adding more details as we get the event organized so keep checking back!

Did I miss something? I don't see what fields this is beeing held at?

Last edited:

BATTITUDE

Extra Hitter
Thanks Todd

The tournaments that Battitude attended & hosted last year that went over very sucessfully always did supply your own: 44/375 Optic Yellow Balls along with ASA or ISA rules and USSSA bats. This has never been an issue and has allowed all players a great playing opportunity.

Johney2Balls

Addicted to Softballfans
yea 44/375's plenty with u-trip sticks! Didnt see any teams having any problems hitting em out of champion fields

remo5

Addicted to Softballfans
If there is a charity at Po Boys that you wish to donate too, why don't you have the tourney there? Only makes sense to me.....

BATTITUDE

Extra Hitter
The problem with Po Boys is: The storms that went through the area on Tuesday evening caused some damage at the Po' Boys Restaurant and the softball fields.* It will take several days to assess and repair the damage. He's not sure they will be available in time so I secured Prairie just in case.

If there is a charity at Po Boys that you wish to donate too, why don't you have the tourney there? Only makes sense to me.....

11phatz

Outstanding Bad Dealer
todd y would u swing a glass bottle u gotta drink those cold beers not break them :D

BATTITUDE

Extra Hitter
6 teams as of Sunday May 1st bump for 4 more confirmed teams! Deadline will be Wednesday May 4th so that we can get brackets to everyone Thursday May 5th