201* Rez Tour

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
Finally get to play fast pitch this weekend. Then again end of August for nationals. How many of you are headed to st George next month?
Guys around here keep asking me to play fastpitch.......one time when I was taking BP I saw them hitting with a Freak Black and other slowpitch bats..........they broke the Freak Black after 10 hits maybe........they wanted to buy my J3A for fastpitch........I said naw..........and I still haven't played fastpitch.........

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
This is our last week for coed........I am ready for the season to be over, and I probably won't get the same players again for next year, if I even do a team........just too many bad attitudes.........last games tonight, then the tourney starts tomorrow..........the bracket is weird........we play first, and if we win we play right away, but if we lose we sit for a game.........I guess win 2 and go home early..........

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
Finished up coed on Wednesday..........got blown out 17-1 in first game, then battled back and forth in 2nd, but still lost 17-13..........after a couple days to think about it, I'm glad to be done with that team.........looking at putting together a whole new roster next year..........Ft Paulie, apply at the local garbage hauler, then you can be my backup pitcher............o_O.........:rolleyes:.................:D:D

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
Had a pretty good night last night.........almost hit for the cycle, but didn't get my triple 1st game.........hit a very long HR with the Fu Dawg.......the heat and humidity got to all of us, but it was worse for me because I hadn't eaten anything since lunch.......started getting a little light-headed during the 2nd game........still hit pretty well, with line drives and grounders........ended up winning both........finished off the regular season........now state this weekend, and city league tourney next week........

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
start coed games tonight in Mitchell.........hopefully can get some decent BP in before the weekend.........sucks we are playing in the lowest division, no HRs allowed.........guess i'll have to use my lighter bats and try to cut the top off the ball, instead of swinging for the fences.........

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
Well the coed went OK, lost the first game 5-4........no one could hit, but we played decent defense.........2nd game we won, but I don't remember the score........I shut it down at short though........first time I ever played there.........it was fun...........

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
State had its ups and downs........lost our first to a team we should have beat, but just a couple errors and bad innings........gave up 8 in the first, then chipped away and got it to 11-12 top of 7......then errors again, and ended up losing 21-13.........2nd game we went to extra innings and won.........3rd game we were up 8-1, then too many errors and bats went cold.........lost 13-12........last game I was pitching and the team kept hitting back at me........ball kept going off the heel of my glove, and I only fielded one cleanly.........could barely close my right hand Saturday, and couldn't pick anything up..........today it's bruised, but feels much better..........city league tourney in Mitchell tomorrow, then more coed Thursday.........maybe a tourney in Ft Thompson this weekend.........

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
Finished up men's league on Tuesday night.........lost out in first game of single elimination tourney..........hung close for the first few innings, but seemed like the young doots just gave up and didn't want to play outfield anymore.........ended up losing 20-10 in 6.........I had a few hard line drives, then a very long foul ball, followed by a fly out to center.........right now the Fu Dawg is doing work..........

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
tonight will be coed..........we'll see if I end up playing short again...........it was fun for one game, but not sure I want to do it full-time.............

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
We did pretty well at coed last night.........won the first game pretty easily.........had a few good hits, but it was our solid defense that carried us........2nd game we gave up 3 early, then built a 7-3 lead, and then the game was called in the 5th because of lightning.......we were up 7-6, and I was coming up to bat with a runner on 3rd.........we will probably finish that game in the next couple of weeks.........it was hard to keep the ball fair, as the wind was blowing hard from right to left........kept pushing my hits foul.......even throwing from short to first, I had to throw to the left of the first baseman and it would curve back to her........hopefully better weather this coming week so we can finish our games......

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
Only hit the Fu Dawg and Geno Buck again.........mostly used the Geno because of the 14" barrel........with that much wind the ball moved quite a bit from where it looked like it was going, to where it actually connected with the bat..........

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
One more tourney with my team down in the Wagner/Lake Andes area this weekend..........we may have a good chance of winning, since the better teams from the area will be playing at the Ft Thompson powwow tourney........hopefully our team shows up, or it might be a short weekend.........more BP tonight to figure out my swing again.........

Mato Nanji

will play for frybread
:D shortstop is fun but not as fun as pitching

it is alright..........haven't had a real hard hit at me yet........mostly grounders or lazy line drives........only problem has been a couple times, the ball got away from me on the throw to first.........otherwise, nbd..............:cool:...............:D:D