2016 Mercy

SBG SHREK

Coach
Mine is nice and webbed all over. Good times!

Like this one??? :biggthumpup:

image_zps27ec721e.jpg

RustyShakleford

Just picked one up. 26.67oz with the grip and has just a little endload. Feels like my J3A with a longer barrel. Can't wait to swing it.

skew12

Also the grip on the mercy sucks. If you buy one just go ahead and get a lizard or a Vulcan to replace it. They pull apart and wear out quickly. And I only have about 100 swings on mine.

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter
I saw that 26oz for sale last week that scaled at a little over 27. Would have picked it up if not for that. Not that I can't handle a 27, but mainly looking for one for the wife.

I saw a few people complaining about the grip. They def mailed it in on those. I've always like their grips even though I always change them to Lizard Skins, but they've felt like the best quality ones out there in the past imo

skew12

I saw that 26oz for sale last week that scaled at a little over 27. Would have picked it up if not for that. Not that I can't handle a 27, but mainly looking for one for the wife.

I saw a few people complaining about the grip. They def mailed it in on those. I've always like their grips even though I always change them to Lizard Skins, but they've felt like the best quality ones out there in the past imo

It's possible but I don't think mine made the 27oz mark. The rest of my 27's in other bats definitely "feel" heavier. But we'll see what the scale says. To me it's a nicely balanced bat so she may like it anyway. Someone will definitely buy it if she doesn't.

You're right about the grip. One of the worst I've ever used. It sucks, because it looks damn good too.

fuzzy2651

Extra Hitter
I've been looking for a 2015 for her, but since the 2016's sound like they're just straight up stupid, sounds like a better bet.

Nothing a hot pink Vulcan can't fix haha

azsoftball

Whatever
Love my 15' Mercy, check the scale and weight 27.1oz. I don' think the performance is much differences with 15' and 16' but the price is.

Steve226

Addicted to Softballfans
Also the grip on the mercy sucks. If you buy one just go ahead and get a lizard or a Vulcan to replace it. They pull apart and wear out quickly. And I only have about 100 swings on mine.

Completely agree. One round of BP... maybe 50 swings and it was already falling apart. Replaced it with the light grey camo Lizard Skin and it looks/feels so much better.

Pretty

Softball is cool
Love my 15' Mercy, check the scale and weight 27.1oz. I don' think the performance is much differences with 15' and 16' but the price is.

Only difference I noticed was weighting. 16 had an end load to it. Performance great either way.

kj13

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit my wife's last night because of this thread. She is now short a bat . The new mercy is straight nasty

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine was the one for sale that came in over 27 oz. Ball was flying off it but i preferred the balance feel of previous models.

hitalot

Backside and Gaps
Have any of you guys had a chance to comp test after webbing

yah i just had mine tested last week....at a usssa tourney i believe it was right about 230? that being said my 14 aftermath with paint crack just broke 150 and my white and purple mercy just barely failed i believe.... oh and a new 15 juggy in the wrapper was like 240... hope that helps lol

DEJ13

Addicted to Softballfans
yah i just had mine tested last week....at a usssa tourney i believe it was right about 230? that being said my 14 aftermath with paint crack just broke 150 and my white and purple mercy just barely failed i believe.... oh and a new 15 juggy in the wrapper was like 240... hope that helps lol

You cant test an ASA only bat using the utrip tester.

DEJ13

Addicted to Softballfans

well they did?...

Lmao hello I know that...let me be a bit more specific. The reading is inaccurate...IJS

Steve226

Addicted to Softballfans
I got my 2016 Mercy in the mail three weeks ago. Took it out for one BP session using .52/300's and put maybe 50 hits on it. Went to my first game of the year last night and it failed compression. No webbing, nothing. Will Demarini return it for me and will it count as a return? Kinda ridiculous if they charge me for my one return when it has only been such a short time period.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
Did you see them test it? I would ask to see the testing done again. It's possible the tester wasn't calibrated or wasn't used correctly. I don't see Demarini issuing a return based on a failed compression test because those machines aren't the most reliable.

Steve226

Addicted to Softballfans
Did you see them test it? I would ask to see the testing done again. It's possible the tester wasn't calibrated or wasn't used correctly. I don't see Demarini issuing a return based on a failed compression test because those machines aren't the most reliable.

I watched them. There was a guy with an OG Salvo that also failed right in front of me. My team has about 10 bats and the Mercy was the only one not to pass.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Asa tester? Preloaded for aftermath, sounds crazy lol, I have to have mine tested for a new league coming up and it is hot now I'm really curious