Starting my review in the 2016 Bigcat

[ame]https://youtu.be/VmtQ0I8hjpY[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/L6irWA5_tuw[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/JJ_GP-c_PlE[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/oSerZM3pQ0Q[/ame]

Last edited:

hitemdeep

Addicted to Softballfans
Review no review needed. LOL Just kidding. hit one the other night bat felt AWESOME. Great sweetspot. Ball was jumping. Hitting 44/375's couldn't judge distance we were in a cage but guarantee this thing was flying. Right out of the wrapper. Cant imagine if it opens up even more. End load was definitely visible not overwhelming in my opinion like you said and I'm a balanced guy. This one was a 27oz. I like 27oz balanced bats I would get a 26 for myself. Loved the feel! Also what you said about the sping effect is true. totally different from the other bats you mentioned not that hard solid feel. This gives you feedback in your hands.

Last edited:

lefty tn

2014 65M World Champs SSUSA Vegas
My new Big Cat 28oz has around 180 swings and is still behind the last years Big Cat by 20ft. But the 2016 has a much larger sweet spot and hopefully it will get the same distance as the 2015 Big Cat. Great Bat.
Update
I have around 320 swings. Still looks new. I plan on using it in Pensacola, Florida next week. I don't think it's broken in yet but hits well. I'll be at 400 swings by next week.

Last edited:

ansay

Addicted to Softballfans
miken black maxload

Put 120 swings on it a little stiff to me but at the end started to hit and sound different not game ready yet.

ansay

Addicted to Softballfans
miken black maxload

At 350 swings now mostly 44 400 few harder balls real happy hit a another gear tday this is a keeper on level with my dudley which has 1000 swings.

ansay

Addicted to Softballfans
miken black maxload

Really liking this bat about 450 swings with 44 400 and a few harder balls .Durability is there so far in so is distance.

cajunjoe

Starting Player
My 28oz Maxload has around 370 swings and hits hard line drives. Great distance with large sweet spot.

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
after our league game.... I got to swing a buddy's 26oz today... we each took two turns.. about 100 balls each.. And I'm very impressed with this model... What I felt was, I did not feel the ball coming off the bat and the barrel seem to flex in real quick (soft barrel), IMO it's better than last year's model.. we used mixed balls.. X-rock, SSUSA Trumps and Evil BP balls...I hit a several in the 350' range.... good work by Miken

What's It 2 Ya?

Addicted to Softballfans
Yesterday several of my friends and I were hitting balls off both the Big Cat and the new UII (2 piece Black with Green Miken label) Both bats are 27 ounce and were purchased at the same time at the Las Vegas Worlds a few weeks ago. After all was said and done it was unanimous that the UII performed overall better than the Big Cat.

lefty tn

Does anyone have more than 700 swings on any Miken Ultra Black. My Big Cat and Maxload are at 400 and hitting well.

War Chief

Addicted to Softballfans
I picked up one of the new Ultra 2 Black's Big Cat End Load. I usually swing a 28 oz. but I talked with the Big Cat and he said to drop down an oz. and try the Big Cat in a 27 oz. and today I was hitting them pretty darn good. I have over 800 swings on the bat. The bat has a great sound to it as well. Love the paint job. I have always known that if you can swing a bat with a heavier end load with the same bat speed the ball will go further. I know I am in a higher altitude living in Colorado but the ball was jumping off of my bat today! Just my 2 cents.

War Chief

lefty tn

Thanks for the input War Chief. I've been hitting the Evil BP balls and the Ultra 2 Blk bats hits this ball well.

zman025

Addicted to Softballfans
My eastons have the Progressive EL my 27 has a 2 oz EL which feels fine to me . I have a 30 ASA srv3 which is very balanced and a 29 oz og U2 which feels light to me

bigcat21

THE OFFICIAL SBF SALSERO
I picked up one of the new Ultra 2 Black's Big Cat End Load. I usually swing a 28 oz. but I talked with the Big Cat and he said to drop down an oz. and try the Big Cat in a 27 oz. and today I was hitting them pretty darn good. I have over 800 swings on the bat. The bat has a great sound to it as well. Love the paint job. I have always known that if you can swing a bat with a heavier end load with the same bat speed the ball will go further. I know I am in a higher altitude living in Colorado but the ball was jumping off of my bat today! Just my 2 cents.

War Chief

Good point War Chief... and Mike is really helpful.. The bigcat is a full 1 oz load... normally I would swing a 28 oz and up, but with this model bat, I've been hitting with a 26 or a 27 oz... and it feels great..

mightymike

Addicted to Softballfans
Yank, that is something I am working on for the future. I like the idea! Have to wait and see what we come up with!

Mighty Mike Macenko
aka:Gorilla Boy

mightymike

Addicted to Softballfans
I have been hitting my new Big Cat and I am loving the performance I am getting out of this new 2 piece bat. I know you would expect me to say that with my name on the bat but I really do like this bat. I have been hitting it since Vegas. I had a 27 oz. in Vegas and now I am swinging the 28 oz. Waiting on a 30oz. The ball is really coming off of it. All 3 models are performing very well. All 3 shells are made the same. The way the walls are put together is making the difference in the extra performance this year and the durability issues from the past. Also the material that is being used is a key player in these new war clubs. The difference in these bats is the endloads. Then add the rods in the handles to create that good swing weight and that is all you need to hit long home runs. Also the ball is coming off of the bats real fast through the infield. Hitting some nasty line drives. That is all I can ask for. So good luck swinging for the fences....

Mighty Mike Macenko

ansay

Addicted to Softballfans
big cat bat

Got to swing big cat and all I can say is wow. These bats are nice miken has answered back with these sticks

6BALL

plumber/pipe fter red #6
Well fellas I have a ultra ll black fatality less than 300 swings on it using 44/375 trump stotes all swings were on 67-70 degree daysif could post pics
I would sent it back to miken waiting to hear back

lefty tn

I had a Dudley short barrel that died at 400 swings. No one guaranteed me I would get 1500 swings with the Dudley. I just sucked it up and bought another one and it has over 600 swings. At lease 6ball you have more than last years model 150 swings. Good luck on the next one.

6BALL

plumber/pipe fter red #6
I'm not complaining just with all the hype with the durability it's a shame could have been a bad one I bought 3 so I'm hoping they mite send me another not holding my breath thou.

ABLXTRA

veteran
I wish they would add a short barrel bat to the senior line.

Yank, that is something I am working on for the future. I like the idea! Have to wait and see what we come up with!

Mighty Mike Macenko

Please get this 12 inch UII rolling. Make it the same weighting as the Freak 12. It will be a beast . Those 14 inch barrels swing like oars.

I will be standing right behind you YANK.

Last edited:

lefty tn

6ball I had a Miken Maxload cracked on me in less than a month. Miken replaced it and it's still swinging. If the receipt is less than a month I'd try to send it back. Can't hurt to try.

mightymike

Addicted to Softballfans
6Ball, give me a call sometime to discuss the bat. I will try and help in any way I can. 330-419-0205.

Thank You

Mighty Mike Macenko