20th hole

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
i read way too many good things about it, which means i'll be forced to waste money and try it

trip

stfu
i'm not a fan of the shafts they use, so i'd likely just get the head and put a proforce in it. high spin promoting goddamn things.

p17

supposed to be real low spin (even though every year every company says the same thing about their top drivers), and you're supposed to loft up to get good distance

Treb

Retired
Its funny how TM says loft up but then loft down on their irons. I hit the sldr and it seemed pretty nice but that was into a simulator.

p17

all marketing focused on the long ball. they know amateurs will get the most driver distance from lofting up because they don't hit it good enough to get any roll, and they put their irons 3-4 degrees lower than traditional lofts. freaking tm

idriveahonda

Plays LF
Spot on Petey!

Amateurs don't create enough launch angle at impact with driver, which is why 90% of them hit a 3-wood longer than driver. However, irons already have the loft needed to get airborne and create spin, so they made the lofts stronger so that same amateur can talk about how far he hits his 8-iron (which is more like a 6 1/2 iron).

aztec575

Rec player for life!!
I tried the SLDR and couldnt get the feel for it. Felt very light. I ended up getting an R1 w/ an oban devotion 6 and couldnt be happier. Fits me perfect. I play it at 10* w/ 1* closed. I finally hit my driver longer than my 3w..lol. and I only hit my 8i 140-145, definitely not a long ball hitter, but very consistent in my distances.

devo12

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone else play any amateur tours? I'm played the sc upstate one and it's flighted.. Pretty sweet deal. Shot 100 won 50 bucks and 20 more of a skin lol

p17

Spot on Petey!

Amateurs don't create enough launch angle at impact with driver, which is why 90% of them hit a 3-wood longer than driver. However, irons already have the loft needed to get airborne and create spin, so they made the lofts stronger so that same amateur can talk about how far he hits his 8-iron (which is more like a 6 1/2 iron).

i played with a guy last year who had the same driver and shaft as me. his ball flight was super low. he kept telling me i wasn't hitting it right, since it was supposed to be a low launching shaft. i outdrove that retard all day and straighter and he swung at least 5-10mph faster than me. he was just hitting high spin lasers

thomas_z71

Addicted to Softballfans
HONDA, my buddies have been nagging me to go to Sellingers to get my irons reshafted. I wanted to just go to PGA Superstore and do it. I know it's a pretty involved process, but am I to think PGA Superstore guys are incompetant compatered to someone over at Sellingers? My wife had buoght me a fitting at Sellingers, and I went last Thursday. We pretty much agreed I needed a heavier/stiffer shaft in my irons. Ima try the C Taper X 130s. Sellingers quoted me abuot $500, I can go to PGA Superstore and order everythign including labor for about $380. I'm not a touring pro so it's not like I'm banking on this to make a living, but I don't want to cheat myself out of a shot or 2 per ruond b/c of bad equipment.