a quick scenario question

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
The ids irresponsible behavior n op w is going to cost me to purchase and install a new windshield.

MaverickAH

It sounds like you were parked in a non designated area?
If so, you assume the risk.

Tee ball field?
This leads me to think that only RIF balls should have been permitted (but that would be park rules) & they wouldn't have caused such damage.

Did you call the police, fill out an accident report & such?
A necessary step if you want to take things further.

Ultimately, it's probably not worth the effort. Just suck it up & get a new windshield.

Crush17er

Addicted to Softballfans
Do you know any good cops... lmao... Usually like ppl there is a window clause in your ins... try and find one of those places that give something out free when they replace your window... out here they give away free dinners n stuff for window replacement... at least then you can get something out of it besides putting on your shirt and wanting to kill a parent.... lol... but i also 2nd the you should have been at church line... hahahaha

baldgriff

Lead Oompah Loompah....
Anytime you park behind the CF fence you are at risk of getting hit by a ball. Sorry about your windshield, but it happens, it sucks and its up to you to pay for it.

Yeah the parents of the kids are dooshy for not apologizing or offering to help, but thems is the breaks (so to speak).

GNOLAUM

There were no games supposed to be scheduled. These were kids of fellow tournament players who were just plating around. There were plenty of cops there LT.

GNOLAUM

I offered. It would have been the same situation. They shouldnt have parked where I was launching missles.

GNOLAUM

If anyone cares....fixed the windscreen. The league is going to reimburse. A fellow coach hooked a deal with farmers insurance...I paid 125.00 out of pocket. And I will still confront that doosh when I see him.
20130520_151106_zps8b82f96e.jpg

20130520_160145_zpsc6a10a40.jpg

GNOLAUM

I am still bent about the no apology and the guy being a jerk. I shouldn't be but I am.

GNOLAUM

Is this an I just got an infinity SUV brag post?

This is a some stupid kid smashed my windshield and his parents didnt do anything about this is whats wrong with our society and people take matters intobtheir own hand because people always want to keep things real post.

cremory8

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd say get revenge by shooting middle in the annual father-son game. Bribe the other coach to be sure the Dad's pitching. And then truck the kid while he's playing 2nd base.

Jimmy34

Board Prick
If there is NO sign posted about parking and the people who were on the field did not have a permit you should be able to do something...the big question is proving negligence which is what you'll have to do in small claims court...being that they were hitting on a tee ball field and saw cars within distance of a hit ball there might be negligence...

It's weird, in Florida, they said glass coverage has no deductible and it's on every insurance policy even liability...in NY also I think...

DRock88

What's the problem here?
You need to get a stronger windshield if you're going to park in the way of a flying baseball

GNOLAUM

AAA. apparently we did not. But for 125 bucks thats cheap. Better than a 500 dollar deductible. I aint tripping of the money...."its not revenge he's after, it's the reckoning"

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
I would at least like the apology, it's the least that a hole could do. Common sense would tell them not to hit there if it's being used as a parking lot.

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
Take them to court Kyle. Tell the judge it was a charity event for kids and some knuclehead parents decided it would be fun to try and target cars. See what the judge says.

kkeezymb

Coach
WOW that is some serious BULL S#&T. Way to teach that kid that he can do something wrong and just get away with it. If I understand law correctly the parents are technically legally responsible until the child is 18 or has been legally emancipated. I can't stand people who don't take responsibility for their actions. Im sorry about the windshield. Just remember Karma is a *****.

travisdecpn

I have no idea where my generation and our kids have lost the sense of respect for other people's property and the lack of responsibility when something happens. It is sad, but seems to be the norm in California.

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
State Farm is the goods. I looked at how much per year it would be for me to have a $250 deductible vs. no deductible. It was about $110 more per year $9 bucks more per month

jaj23

Eye Baller
Glass coverage is required in AZ. It costs $5/year and there is no deductible to replace any broken glass. They probably offer it in CA, but it's obviously not mandatory if you didn't have it. Glad you were able to get it for $125.