All BBJ wants for Christmas is his two front teeth...

beernbombs

Abby's dad
ASA has removed the IEO from E ball. Also has approved courtesy runners for all divisions of adult slowpitch. Runner may be any player on roster (gender specific in corec) one per inning.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
I like the IEO in E, especially in tourney ball. A large number of the HROs I've seen in my softball days have been from guys trying to hit backside and blasting it out. That means you're NOT AN E PLAYER.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
What happened to their 5 man? It looks broken.
The 5th man is a vampire.
Jesse, I pulled out my sundial and clocked you at a staggering 4.42.
Just 0.02 off of a PR. Damn.
This garbage made the newspaper?
I like the IEO in E, especially in tourney ball. A large number of the HROs I've seen in my softball days have been from guys trying to hit backside and blasting it out. That means you're NOT AN E PLAYER.
I agree in E. Offensive ejection should be put in place too, IMO. From D on up should I am fine with the IEO and no ejection. Just my $0.02

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans

I disagree with this. Just bc someone can hit a ball over the fence doesn't mean that person has bat control, even if backside. A buddy of mine subbed for league with us one night and hit a backside HRO. Dude never played ball. He was a college tight end. He's not good by anymeans but when he connects it's hit hard. It takes skill for a big guy to keep the ball in the park at times. IEO fine but offensive ejection is brutal. It's softball for gosh sakes.

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans
Says the guy who can sneeze and hit a 330' seed.

This was my first year playing tournament ball and I wanted NOTHING to do with e lol. I just think OE is ridiculous for any level. To get punished that hard for a well hit ball is silly to me. Remember, e is supposed to be for beginners. So you punish a beginner with an OE for a well hit ball is not only dumb but may deter people from playing.

Last edited:

Tip8

Hits BOMBS in League
This was my first year playing tournament ball and I wanted NOTHING to do with e lol. I just think OE is ridiculous for any level. To get punished that hard for a well hit ball is silly to me. Remember, e is supposed to be for beginners. So you punish a beginner with an OE for a well hit ball is not only dumb but may deter people from playing.

That's the prob right there:thumb:

beernbombs

Abby's dad
I disagree with this. Just bc someone can hit a ball over the fence doesn't mean that person has bat control, even if backside. A buddy of mine subbed for league with us one night and hit a backside HRO. Dude never played ball. He was a college tight end. He's not good by anymeans but when he connects it's hit hard. It takes skill for a big guy to keep the ball in the park at times. IEO fine but offensive ejection is brutal. It's softball for gosh sakes.

I'm not sure how I feel about OE, but I can see why a TD might want it in place. Especially considering the biggest complaint about tourney ball is sandbaggers. Sure would make you think twice about loading up your E team with big bats.

I'm going to go out on a limb here....If your buddy can play TE at a college level, he's got the skill and athleticism to play above E.

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm not sure how I feel about OE, but I can see why a TD might want it in place. Especially considering the biggest complaint about tourney ball is sandbaggers. Sure would make you think twice about loading up your E team with big bats.

I'm going to go out on a limb here....If your buddy can play TE at a college level, he's got the skill and athleticism to play above E.

You're right. He's an athlete. I don't mind people starting out in e then moving up though. My suggestion for sandbagging in e is get rid of all payouts. Make it truly what it's suppose to be, recreation. There's no incentive for people to play down then.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
When I was playing I had dozens of league guys make small talk with me about tournament ball since they new I played it. Everyone of them has quickly lost interest when HR rules like inning ending outs, offensive ejection, or progressive runs was mentioned. I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born last night. I'm sure I'm not the only guy that has experienced this. Associations are either too lazy or short sighted to implement the changes that need to be made and instead rely on HR rules to curb sandbagging. I know a few very good players that I could outdistance their best shot with my best by over 100'. According to associations I'm the much better player even though we know that's not the case.

The associations don't think a universal player database is the answer. Perhaps limits on other things is the answer. We could implement a double play and outfielder range limit to prevent E and D teams from loading up on good defenders. Trying to get around HR limits by using speedy gap hitters? Welcome to doubles and triples limits.

When I was playing I had dozens of league guys make small talk with me about tournament ball since they new I played it. Everyone of them has quickly lost interest when HR rules like inning ending outs, offensive ejection, or progressive runs was mentioned. I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born last night. I'm sure I'm not the only guy that has experienced this. Associations are either too lazy or short sighted to implement the changes that need to be made and instead rely on HR rules to curb sandbagging. I know a few very good players that I could outdistance their best shot with my best by over 100'. According to associations I'm the much better player even though we know that's not the case.

The associations don't think a universal player database is the answer. Perhaps limits on other things is the answer. We could implement a double play and outfielder range limit to prevent E and D teams from loading up on good defenders. Trying to get around HR limits by using speedy gap hitters? Welcome to doubles and triples limits.

You're very right. I've heard so many people say "That's stupid" upon hearing about the HR rules in tournaments.

mattroush22

Addicted to Softballfans
Anytime I talk about tournament softball to anyone not involved in tournament softball, I'm met with " That's stupid". And no, I hadn't even brought up the HR limits yet.... lol

beernbombs

Abby's dad
Most of my slow pitch softball related conversations involve me complaining about how much of a douche someone is. But telling someone about homerun limits always get a "That's stupid" for me too.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everybody!