Anderson Huers General Discussion: The Sequel

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
Having my worst hitting season in memory so far this year. Been bounced around between 3rd and 1st too so that's probably throwing me off a bit too. Gotten virtually no BP in this year and I'm way ahead of everything. Have only had 3 or 4 solid hits through 4 games.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
Sorry for your loss, man.

X2

I'm taking the family to Hershey Park, PA next week, and we're supposed to do some stuff in Lancaster. Never been there, should be fun!

Best part: since we leave on Monday, and I need to work Saturday, I won't miss out on my Sunday league team, which looks like it'll be a lot of fun this summer (we start this week). It's also the first time I've been named Coach in this league, which hopefully won't make me lose anymore hair!

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
X2

I'm taking the family to Hershey Park, PA next week, and we're supposed to do some stuff in Lancaster. Never been there, should be fun!

Best part: since we leave on Monday, and I need to work Saturday, I won't miss out on my Sunday league team, which looks like it'll be a lot of fun this summer (we start this week). It's also the first time I've been named Coach in this league, which hopefully won't make me lose anymore hair!

Hershey Park is a good time. The "Storm Runner" roller coaster is worth the wait if you are in to coasters. That and Farenheit also. If you have little kids, the Chocolate World tour is fun (and free). As for Lancaster, it depends on what you're in to, but check out the Lancaster Visitor's center. There is a pretty cool driving tour of the covered bridges in Lancaster that my wife and I did and they can give you a map/directions for that. Plus, if you have a GPS, look up 411 Granite Run Drive, Lancaster 17601. That is the Play it Again Sports out there :D Lots of theater opportunities, including a dinner theater on the train which was pretty fun.

Plenty of Smorgasboard type restaurants, too. My wife likes the Shady Maple.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
Hershey Park is a good time. The "Storm Runner" roller coaster is worth the wait if you are in to coasters. That and Farenheit also. If you have little kids, the Chocolate World tour is fun (and free). As for Lancaster, it depends on what you're in to, but check out the Lancaster Visitor's center. There is a pretty cool driving tour of the covered bridges in Lancaster that my wife and I did and they can give you a map/directions for that. Plus, if you have a GPS, look up 411 Granite Run Drive, Lancaster 17601. That is the Play it Again Sports out there :D Lots of theater opportunities, including a dinner theater on the train which was pretty fun.

Plenty of Smorgasboard type restaurants, too. My wife likes the Shady Maple.
Thanks! What's some good PIAS etiquette? I've never been to one.
And don't forget Strasburg Railroad :)

We have a girl who will be four in September. Thomas is a must-see!

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Thanks! What's some good PIAS etiquette? I've never been to one.

Try not to drool when you find a gem and also don't be too disappointed if you find nothing worth-while. Ask for a discount, too. Tell them your local shop always gives you a coach's discount and see if they offer the same thing. They usually will knock off 10%.

purefilthsoft

Wildcard bitches
As I would rather do this here than in the regular media section as a lot of guys in there are not going to do anything positive for what I need. I have decided to do a swing video before I went out for my run( I'm coming for you Eddieq:D:D:D). I've noticed I've lost some pop and consistency the last couple months( and I'm sure what I had before was more due to luck than good mechanics). I'm sure there are a ton of flaws so any help cleaning my swing up would be more than appreciated. Just some Pre-info for you, I'm swinging a og nano29oz to start then a 28oz omega to finish. Balls are a mix of hot dots, grey dots, thunder heats, and one evil BP mixed in. It was about 93 and really muggy as you will see I was sweating through my t-shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
Didn't get to go to PIAS, and didn't get to go to the train station.

We had a wonderful time at Chocolate World, at Hershey Park, and at Dutch Wonderland.

Wifey tried to meet up with friends of our daughter. I hate this girls parents with a passion. Wifey finally saw it my way (I think), as she said, "maybe we just need to cut ties with these people." The time spent with them was a nightmare.

At least I got a sunburn that will turn into a nice tan.

Greenmonsters

Addicted to Softballfans
As I would rather do this here than in the regular media section as a lot of guys in there are not going to do anything positive for what I need. I have decided to do a swing video before I went out for my run( I'm coming for you Eddieq:D:D:D). I've noticed I've lost some pop and consistency the last couple months( and I'm sure what I had before was more due to luck than good mechanics). I'm sure there are a ton of flaws so any help cleaning my swing up would be more than appreciated. Just some Pre-info for you, I'm swinging a og nano29oz to start then a 28oz omega to finish. Balls are a mix of hot dots, grey dots, thunder heats, and one evil BP mixed in. It was about 93 and really muggy as you will see I was sweating through my t-shirt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqFKEdpAe7E

I'd bet you could hit just as well from your knees! No lower half coil or lower-upper stretch/sequence i.e., zero power from lower half. Don't know if its the video angle, but the POC looks way too far forward.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
YOu're not getting anything from your lower half. Looks like over striding, like you're jumping forward and leaving all your weight on your front foot to hit a ball too far in front of you. Your back foot comes up before you're even making contact with the ball. Try pulling the tee back from you and keeping both feet set on the ground all the way through contact.

purefilthsoft

Wildcard bitches
I'd bet you could hit just as well from your knees! No lower half coil or lower-upper stretch/sequence i.e., zero power from lower half. Don't know if its the video angle, but the POC looks way too far forward.

YOu're not getting anything from your lower half. Looks like over striding, like you're jumping forward and leaving all your weight on your front foot to hit a ball too far in front of you. Your back foot comes up before you're even making contact with the ball. Try pulling the tee back from you and keeping both feet set on the ground all the way through contact.

Went out today and worked on it. I see now how I was getting lazy with my lower half. Moved the tee in also. Got a better coil,but still having trouble keeping that back leg set a bit. I sometimes get so fixated on my upstairs that I ignore my downstairs. The worse thing is I know better than that.i'll get a second vid up this weekend to see if what I think I'm doing better is actually happening.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
Went out today and worked on it. I see now how I was getting lazy with my lower half. Moved the tee in also. Got a better coil,but still having trouble keeping that back leg set a bit. I sometimes get so fixated on my upstairs that I ignore my downstairs. The worse thing is I know better than that.i'll get a second vid up this weekend to see if what I think I'm doing better is actually happening.

I had a similar problem. I started to fix it by digging my back foot in just a little bit, and I changed my stance a little too. Instead of a standard square stance, I start slightly coiled. An added benefit of this stance: lower lever players think it looks like I'm trying to go oppo, and their compensation has allowed a few more of my batted balls to drop in.

sleepin4matty

Management Material

Keep in mind, I'm no swing expert. TB could give you better advice and a more solid suggestion for how to get you out of your bad habits. You could send him the link to that vid in a PM

BanjoDan

<font color="#8B3A3A">Finger Pickin' Good</font>
Looks like I'm pitching 4 games next month, and that is my season this year. Not playing church ball. They just approved composite ASA bats. Normally, that's not a problem, but they are using super blue dots on a 275ft field, and the mound is 45 ft from the plate. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
Looks like I'm pitching 4 games next month, and that is my season this year. Not playing church ball. They just approved composite ASA bats. Normally, that's not a problem, but they are using super blue dots on a 275ft field, and the mound is 45 ft from the plate. Ain't nobody got time for that.

LOL, damn.

Hey, what happened with that girl?

BanjoDan

LOL, damn.

Hey, what happened with that girl?

The one I was going to ask out at the other store I was working at? I talked to one of the managers I worked with for about 5 years and she said to stay away, that ***** is bat **** crazy. lol

I was seeing a 19 year old, but cut that off because I just don't want to worry about anyone else. It's too much fun going to Soulard downtown for Body Paint Friday, have a couple beers with the fellas, and go home. No excessive texting, or worrying about hurt feelings. It's also nice that my saving account is going up again, and I'm shooting a lot more often. Actually going to start some volunteer work for the Mo Conservation Dept Shooting Range. :cool:

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
The one I was going to ask out at the other store I was working at? I talked to one of the managers I worked with for about 5 years and she said to stay away, that ***** is bat **** crazy. lol

I was seeing a 19 year old, but cut that off because I just don't want to worry about anyone else. It's too much fun going to Soulard downtown for Body Paint Friday, have a couple beers with the fellas, and go home. No excessive texting, or worrying about hurt feelings. It's also nice that my saving account is going up again, and I'm shooting a lot more often. Actually going to start some volunteer work for the Mo Conservation Dept Shooting Range. :cool:

Good for you, buddy. You're young. Plenty of time for that settling-down business later. :p

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Maybe I'll run into her at the union softball tourney. Get her boozed up on free beer and PIIHB.:eek:

Good game plan Dan:rolleyes:.
My hitting sucked ahain tonight gotta BP Sunday morning. Played a couple innings at third. Only made two plays but no errors and did not get killed :D

BanjoDan

My legs are covered in chiggers. I knew it was a bad idea to wear shorts to the woods.

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans

That should be fun. The new composites wont last long but the 25 swings you get out of them should be spectacular.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
Well, finally healed up for this weeks game tonight. Wrenched my back last week during a doubleheader, but did well during the games. Tried out my GBA Veteran and was hitting very well with it. It's pushing for time beside my Matrix now, which says alot for the Matrix because the Vet is a senior bat.

BanjoDan

Working on a business plan for a shaved ice/dole whip stand. The old snow cone stand shut down here in town, and I'm starting now to be ready for next year. I still have a lot of work to do, but I need help coming up with a name. There are some creative dudes here, so show me what you've got.

Edit: After researching for a few hours, I'm just not going to have the money to get a good shave ice stand up and running, but should be able to get the Dole Whip/Soft Serve ready for next summer. It will be tough dropping 10K on a soft serve machine alone. :eek: But, the profit margin looks good, and I think it will do well.

I'm still stuck on a name, and how to dress up my trailer. I want something memorable and catchy.

Last edited: