Anderson Huers General Discussion: The Sequel

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
This is the book my wife is currently reading. Thought of you guys...

BA0C0A39-4A59-4822-81D2-3ADC87526D76-27363-00001A2454DAE65A_zps84dc5279.jpg

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
Someone blew up a pitcher in our ASA league with a utrip bat. Pitcher is suing the batter, batter's manager, umpire, and the league. Now the league is talking about going to wood bats, possibly league supplied bats. I wonder how many of the roughly 200 teams will jump ship once they announce a wood bat rule?

purefilthsoft

Wildcard bitches
Someone blew up a pitcher in our ASA league with a utrip bat. Pitcher is suing the batter, batter's manager, umpire, and the league. Now the league is talking about going to wood bats, possibly league supplied bats. I wonder how many of the roughly 200 teams will jump ship once they announce a wood bat rule?

Not knowing how many leagues are in your area,but assuming that there is a bunch of them I'd say the league will either be a shell of what it is now or dead in three years. My question is do you guys sign waivers before you play? Also the pitcher is a DB for suing. After his own manager he is next in line to call out a bat.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
I don't think it's necessarily a douche move. Depends how bad he was actually injured, how much work he will miss, ect..

If somebody hit me in the head with a cheater-bat, I'd be out for blood.

Suing the manager won't go anywhere, unless he knew about the bat.

purefilthsoft

Wildcard bitches
A bat that has been worked on is one thing but a utrip bat in ASA is another thing. Some of the new ASA bats are just silly and are right up there with the utrip bats now. I'd say 4/5 times someone uses the wrong bat weather it be utrip in Asa, composite in metal only or multi wall in single wall it usually is the person swinging or manager does not know enough about bats.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
A bat that has been worked on is one thing but a utrip bat in ASA is another thing. Some of the new ASA bats are just silly and are right up there with the utrip bats now. I'd say 4/5 times someone uses the wrong bat weather it be utrip in Asa, composite in metal only or multi wall in single wall it usually is the person swinging or manager does not know enough about bats.

If you could get away from being in trouble by just pleading ignorance we'd have a lot less people losing lawsuits or going to prison. IJS

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
The girl I went to Italy to see for New Years is back in Anchorage...at least temporarily. Let's just say I'm a little excited.

eddieq

The Great and Powerful Q
Hey Huers! Not much going on in here lately. Here to stir things up...

The weight loss challenge and the final running challenge really got me interested in running again. I've done 2 5K's and have signed up for two more. One of them supports the "Four Diamonds Fund", which supports families who have kids treated for cancer at the Penn State Hershey Medical Center. This is kind of personal with me because my niece is being treated there and has benefited from the fund.

Anyway, I have a link in my signature if you care to donate to my fundraising goal. I set the goal fairly low, but don't let that stop you if we reach it. In case you don't have signatures enabled, the link is http://fourdiamonds.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=13971

Hopefully this is not a violation of the SBF rules.

purefilthsoft

Wildcard bitches
Filled in on a indoor team last night and it is the strangest style of softball I have ever seen. The hardest part was base running cause all the netting on the wall and ceiling was live. Didn't mind the super soft ball though. Metal really kills that type of ball.

BanjoDan

<font color="#8B3A3A">Finger Pickin' Good</font>
Filled in on a indoor team last night and it is the strangest style of softball I have ever seen. The hardest part was base running cause all the netting on the wall and ceiling was live. Didn't mind the super soft ball though. Metal really kills that type of ball.

Sounds like fun. Reminds me of middle school softball in gym class.

BanjoDan

Not sure what's wrong with me. I'm getting a coed team together. Swore never again. At least it's u trip with the new balls, gonna see how my new flexzilla does with them.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
I support this resurrection.

A couple guys from work are trying to put together a team for this summer. I've been deemed the SME but I'm trying like hell to not run the team, mainly since I'm not completely sure I'll be able to play on the team. Better yet, it sounds like most of the folks have never played before.

Joker

i hit my og nano friday night, still the bat i remember and love. got the single to finish off the cycle with it

BanjoDan

i hit my og nano friday night, still the bat i remember and love. got the single to finish off the cycle with it

Is that the nano formerly known as banjo's? I liked it, but the tz is my favorite.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
yes it is, its special

I was tempted to swing my OG Nano today, but we got mercies. Not sure about this team anymore. Its a Co Ed Rec team but they keep adding people and we asked the coach not to. WD even oayed $10 extra a piece and now there are a new guy and girl added. Two weeks ago I went 3 for 4 and walek for a double, batting clean up. Last two weeks batted last, I guess as a reward . I don't mind batting last except I only got three at bats in two weeks :confused:

spartyfaith

Addicted to Softballfans
I was tempted to swing my OG Nano today, but we got mercies. Not sure about this team anymore. Its a Co Ed Rec team but they keep adding people and we asked the coach not to. WD even oayed $10 extra a piece and now there are a new guy and girl added. Two weeks ago I went 3 for 4 and walek for a double, batting clean up. Last two weeks batted last, I guess as a reward . I don't mind batting last except I only got three at bats in two weeks :confused:

Start your own team and dime them, bat yourself lead off and all will be well. :cool:

BanjoDan

I have a 33 year old, very small Vietnamese man that wants to play on my coed team. Never played before in his life, never owned a glove, never played catch, never swung a bat of any kind. Season starts Monday. Where do we start?

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I have a 33 year old, very small Vietnamese man that wants to play on my coed team. Never played before in his life, never owned a glove, never played catch, never swung a bat of any kind. Season starts Monday. Where do we start?
I won't touch this one, Joker?