Anderson Huers General Discussion: The Sequel

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
We still play 5 X 5. The team is strong enough to finish 3rd in our first season together and play three in playoffs but lost by 4 in the championship game. Great team!

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Still Reppin'

Rocking the Americana shirt at the local July 4th parade today...

download_20140704_172139_zps8gd8znfb.jpeg

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Followed that up by playing guitar at an open mic night at a local bar last night (after play a doubleheader, of course)...if aspiring rockstars are supposed to suck their first time on stage like that then I'll probably be okay. I might even do it again, but I think I'll do something different next time.

I don't think I was terrible, but I know I wasn't great. It's one thing to be on stage with a tuba ensemble playing Christmas tunes, or playing trumpet in a German polka band, but trying to play covers in a bar? That was something else.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Followed that up by playing guitar at an open mic night at a local bar last night (after play a doubleheader, of course)...if aspiring rockstars are supposed to suck their first time on stage like that then I'll probably be okay. I might even do it again, but I think I'll do something different next time.

I don't think I was terrible, but I know I wasn't great. It's one thing to be on stage with a tuba ensemble playing Christmas tunes, or playing trumpet in a German polka band, but trying to play covers in a bar? That was something else.

Andy, have two beers, two shots of Jack, smoke a split and a couple Kools. Jump up on stage, hit the big muff fuz, waggle the wah wah pedal, and sing, Purple Haze is in brain, lately thing just don't seem the same........... Cause Im a Voodo child, voodo a child.......... :cool:

BanjoDan

<font color="#8B3A3A">Finger Pickin' Good</font>
Haven't played for a couple months now. Had a practice yesterday and now I can't walk. When did this crap start?

BanjoDan

Much better today. Playing my old store in the union tourney, so I got to brush up on my pitching.

BanjoDan

Just pitched the best game of my life. Beat the top team in the union tourney. Got work in 3 hours now.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
thats what happens when you get old

Ayy maties, been out 3 weeks now, pintched sciatica, got x rays to double check, MRI next then a rehab plan. I was thinking a month off work and about 4 games of Senior ball during the and via few laugh notes, Sundays Co Ed double headers. Hope the doc agrees :eek:

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Abc

Almost forgot, found out today than ABC is moving to Santa Fe Springs, real close to home and work. Wonder if they will have enough room for the batting cage :D?

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Dan's known by the locals as Banjo X, leader of the movement.

And yeah...all the bad areas are on the Illinois side of the river. Folks get all wiggety-whack in Ferguson are just a little misplaced.

BanjoDan

Dan's known by the locals as Banjo X, leader of the movement.

And yeah...all the bad areas are on the Illinois side of the river. Folks get all wiggety-whack in Ferguson are just a little misplaced.

NoCo has some bad areas. The East Side and North City are the places to avoid at night when you are as white as I am.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Both the Ambush and the Supernova hit very well. They both have a lot of handle flex in them. I have had some durability issue w harder USSSA balls and am working withe the new ownership. I hit a 34/24 Supernova, only had one AB but hit a nice double, just right if second base, split the feilders, I think they thought I was gonna go down the line, lol. I can't tell but other than the paint and weights the two composites seem to be the same bat. Gonna get a 34/24 RT 2.0 FP. The SP RT has a really short outer barrel, reminds me of the Rawlings Plasma Fusion. Will post after they get hit, I am out commission again, life sucks sometimes :(

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I am doing g a tourney in Montebello at Reggie Park. Prizes include Anderson BatPacks and I will have some demo bats to ( and for sale:rolleyes:) along with my inventory of Vinci glove and products. Stop by would love some company and always enjoy talking softball!

Last edited:

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
It might be tough to re-create the Invitational if Tumblebug isn't in SoCal. Just sayin'.

But it'd sure be fun to try.

Yes but that would have to be the Non Anderson Anderson Non Invitational Non Recreation of the Invitational without the Anderson??:confused::wtf2::confused::wtf2::confused::wtf2: