Any updates on anything new coming out

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
Alright so when it comes to LS i'm pretty ignorant. Last year I was lucky enough to come across 2 of the "WWz" models (Wounded Warrior limited edition super Zs). I sold both but the last one I sold to a local bud with the caveat that I got the first hit with it out of wrapper. I laced one to LC and was pretty impressed with the feel. I was kinda sad I had sold it after all LOL! So, my question is, are any of these going to feel like the WWz editions? Or are they all knew composite (Rumor I read was all new composite this year??)?

I read this entire thread and I gotta say i'm a little more scared to try a LS based on alot of the feedback but my VERY limited experience with the WWz was good so I thought maybe someone would have info based on that!

Playr4

Coach
This is no joke. Just got a new Hyper Z senior bat. 5 hits off the tee when I first got the bat. The handle twist. I'm done with LS. Seems like they have not fixed the problem. Pissed.

THESHOE

Starting Player
The stuff being said about twisting is all related to their 3pc bats like Z3000, Z4000 and Hyper Z.

The WWz is basically an exclusive paint Super Z, great bats no known twisting issues. Very stiff 2pc bat. My fav of the recent LS lines by far. Absolute tanks that pass comp for a long time, pop well, and no connection problems.

Alright so when it comes to LS i'm pretty ignorant. Last year I was lucky enough to come across 2 of the "WWz" models (Wounded Warrior limited edition super Zs). I sold both but the last one I sold to a local bud with the caveat that I got the first hit with it out of wrapper. I laced one to LC and was pretty impressed with the feel. I was kinda sad I had sold it after all LOL! So, my question is, are any of these going to feel like the WWz editions? Or are they all knew composite (Rumor I read was all new composite this year??)?

I read this entire thread and I gotta say i'm a little more scared to try a LS based on alot of the feedback but my VERY limited experience with the WWz was good so I thought maybe someone would have info based on that!

Last edited:

Wik

Addicted to Softballfans
The stuff being said about twisting is all related to their 3pc bats like Z3000, Z4000 and Hyper Z.

The WWz is basically an exclusive paint Super Z, great bats no known twisting issues. Very stiff 2pc bat. My fav of the recent LS lines by far. Absolute tanks that pass comp for a long time, pop well, and no connection problems.

So sounds like you would say the Super Z is probably the line to go with...if I pull the trigger and that they are basically just a newer version of the WWz

Rallycap

Star Player
Ordered the new Super Z utrip today. Should be in on Saturday. Will provide initial mini review here after bping it.

Rallycap

Star Player
Ordered the new Super Z utrip today. Should be in on Saturday. Will provide initial mini review here after bping it.

Bat didn't come in and I canceled my order. So I'll be waiting to hear reviews. BTW, I dry swung a new Z4 balanced the other day and it felt awkward. Had to be the grip they put on that thing. These new grips are terrible.

Edit: Re-ordered utrip Super Z and should be here Monday. Will bp it asap & give feedback.

Last edited:

zr27

Addicted to Softballfans
took my Solo Z outside for the second time, for a couple rounds
big ball diamond
hitting 52/300s and 44/375s

bat has roughly 600-700 swings. Really impressed with the performance of this bat, so far!

[ame]https://youtu.be/YOHBtoICxSo[/ame]

single wally

Professional Amateur
Based on what early reviews have noted: full grit barrel, less EL, quicker break-in, sounds like they definitely made some tweaks with the Solo Z compared to its predecessor.

zr27

Addicted to Softballfans
Is the SoloZ supposed to be any different or better than the Sonic+?

slightly less endload.. so some people will have no trouble with a 27.5 or 28.5.
IMO, faster break in than sonic
swings real smooth.

i was swinging the USSSA Solo Z in the clip.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's the deal with this twisting? Is it just annoying, or does it effect performance?

zr27

Addicted to Softballfans
Some cuts outdoors with the:
Z4 Backman Shoppe Powerload
Z4 USSSA Endload
Super Z Endload Kevin Kennington Signature series

No twisting on any of the Zs

Louisville Slugger ball: 52/300 & 47/500

[ame]https://youtu.be/EMKoeZBEsVo[/ame]

zr27

Addicted to Softballfans
Now that's not true. New Hyper Z handle started twisting after 5 swings.

we brought out a new Hyper Z last monday at our demo..
none so far... we had over 70 people in attendance, lots of people hit it.

no comments about twisting from anyone there

Last edited:

zr27

Addicted to Softballfans
which one of the three did you prefer?

Was looking at the new Super Z

my personal preference so far, i typically swing endload bats.

Solo Z (over 1200 hits so far, nice change from the sonic swings smooth, might actually go up to a 27.5oz on this bat)
Super Z KK (one of our demos has over 1000+ swings easily, lots of people seem to like this from what i have seen)
Z4 Backman (100 hits, swings real nice, good endload)

gio99111

Addicted to Softballfans
PLAYR4 I told you that someone sold you a bat that was supposed to be for display only, the new Hyper Z's handles have been fixed, swung last years and this years model yesterday with Ron Parnell both out of the wrapper and this years model outdistanced last years.

Playr4

Coach
PLAYR4 I told you that someone sold you a bat that was supposed to be for display only, the new Hyper Z's handles have been fixed, swung last years and this years model yesterday with Ron Parnell both out of the wrapper and this years model outdistanced last years.

Tell me where I can get the HyperZ with the handles that don't twist. Don't say from here. That's where I got the "display bat" from.

Jbird-21

Manager
new z4 and hyper z don't twist we have put hundreds of swings on them if not thousands.. no issues at all..