bad utra

hitman1313

Addicted to Softballfans
got a ultra that hits like ---- and sounds like a metal bat and has a sweet spot about 6 in.does anyone no how to check if it is one of the bat ones without sending it back to miken. some one said that you could tell by the number under the bat tape but did not know the numbers.

hitman1313

Addicted to Softballfans
have about 75 -100 swings on it, don't have practice around here and getting tired of trying to use it in a game

bigsmooth13

Manager
It's a Ultra should not need many swings at all,should be good out of wrapper and get better till in cracks:confused:

Doesn't mean a thing. Not every make of a certain bat breaks in the same. Type of balls and who is swinging the bat makes a difference too.

So Cal IROC

Addicted to Softballfans
Compression test it. That will tell you all you need to know. Or send it back, they will test it for you.

Bubaloo

Manager
There was a bad batch, the sticker on the handle that says "207" apparently if its orange is a good ultra if white it's the bad batch. I also had one and it was the biggest pos ever.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Doesn't mean a thing. Not every make of a certain bat breaks in the same. Type of balls and who is swinging the bat makes a difference too.

I agree,but a good ultra will not sound funny and need very little break-in,heel most ultras dont even last 200 swings.

kspec24

The last of the Chosen
6 inches is almost half the barrel. how big of a sweet spot do you need?
if you are talking about the ASA ultra they do sound like a metal bat at first and normally start to open up around the 200-300 swing mark. might be sooner with the harder balls. the durability is better than most of the new ASA stamped bats.

hitman1313

Addicted to Softballfans
been hittting it with 44/375 balls and i do know what an ultra should do. it is the gray special edition. thanks for the numbers that should be on the bat . i will check them out when i get home.

Bubaloo

Manager
been hittting it with 44/375 balls and i do know what an ultra should do. it is the gray special edition. thanks for the numbers that should be on the bat . i will check them out when i get home.

yah the grey special editions were the worst culprits i found out so you probably have a bad batch one.
i know the feeling i thought i was gonna hit bombs and i could out hit it with an asa NXT at the time lol

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
I had two bad Ultra II's that I sent back and Miken Replaced even though it is a "no warranty" bat. They compression tested it and sent me new bats!

96packers

OG Titletown
got a SE UII grey off the board and it hits great! You can feel or actually not feel it when you hit it square.

Not all of them are bad but happens once in awhile

crawdaddy

Addicted to Softballfans
Stop hitting it right away, call Miken for the RMA # and get it returned. I made the mistake of continuing to hit mine (and let every big hitter use it) and it never opened up. When I sent it in it passed the compression test and I got a form letter back stating the POS passed the compression test. I used it for BP and it lasted over 1200 swings and never performed like a typical U2. I'm hitting the Rebook now and loving it. Combat is not bad either.

GOOD LUCK

bigcat33

Addicted to Softballfans
bats

I have a black ultra 11 and it has the white number on the handle and it hits great.I guess some bats in different batches are different from others