Band Aid in the proper section

Woops. Posted this earlier in the International group, but here it is again.

Who plans on coming this year? and with what team?

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
Tournament Info. Request

What are the specifics of the tournament? Word is that it's a 6 game guarantee with 8 homeruns a game no matter who you play, and starts on a Friday and ends on Sunday by about 1400. Is this correct???

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
What are the specifics of the tournament? Word is that it's a 6 game guarantee with 8 homeruns a game no matter who you play, and starts on a Friday and ends on Sunday by about 1400. Is this correct???

I believe that is correct!!!!

jk9williams

Addicted to Softballfans
Jeff, if you need the info, PM me with your email address... I have the tournement and hotel discount info if needed.

jOeyb00

Addicted to Softballfans

Jeff, those were the rules last year brother. Great/fun tourney. SMASHMOUTH/NELLIS will be there. PLane tix already booked. Need hotel info....

jk9williams

Addicted to Softballfans
Offutt will be there again...can't wait to talk to you again Joey......PM me with your email address if you need the flier.....Dolbow can send it to you as well.

Joe

Might want to bring a sleeping bag. TP is bringing his family. We will figure something out. Your buddy Scruggs might be staying here too.

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
So FBT, FBT Intramural, Nellis, GI, OFFUT?...........Who else plans on attending? Anyone have a current tally of teams yet? The Insurgents are going to try and make it but no promises yet. Guys still trying to get the time off.

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
Last I heard, 24 teams confirmed. Peterson, AFA are two more local teams, Holloman will be there and another team from Bliss, TA-50.

firemanbutch

~Brag Post~ ;)
Just found this on the AF Softball FB page that Wade posted back in March:

‎22nd Annual Band-Aid Softball Tournament
1 - 3 Jun (play starts friday morning)
6 game guarantee (Yes...you are reading it right)
$250 (wow....nice!)
hopefully 2 seperate divisions (Varsity & Intramural)
... Teams that have expressed serious interest:
CO UNIQUE
Peterson AFB
Buckley AFB
FE Warren
WPAFB
Stickles All-Stars
Kirtland AFB
Luke AFB
Holloman AFB
Club TA-50
Davis Montham AFB
Nellis/SmashMouth
West Coast DRASH/Govt Issu
Edwards AFB
McConnell AFB
Scott AFB/Scrubs
JBSA-Lackland
Offutt AFB
Ellsworth AFB
Little Rock AFB
Minot AFB
10 MDG Medics
Space Pigs

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
The Insurgents will be making the trip, still have to coordinate with the tournament director to let them know we're coming.

bigjoe21

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like Luke AFB will not be going.

If anyone is looking for a Free Agent let me know!

Craig #7

Middle's Closed
So does anyone have a true list of teams going to this. I keep on hearing that this tournament is going to be the biggest Band Aid to date.

B-Link #99

Retired Damage Controlman
For those who have attended this tournament in years previous, when do they typically release the brackets?

Thursday night at the coaches meeting..it is a blind draw...and if you didn't already know, tourney starts Friday morning.

jeffscheel

WhatCutoffMan
That is no bueno, my flight doesn't get in til' 2030. I'll have to check and see if any of our guys will be there for that meeting. Not so friendly for those traveling from out of town I guess huh.

knooch21

ancient chinese secret
You just gotta plan accordingly. We leave, driving, Tuesday nite & make it there Wednesday afternoon from wright-patt. Those that are flying do so on Wednesday, usually. Gives us time to settle in for the time & altitude changes.

jOeyb00

Addicted to Softballfans
So does anyone have a true list of teams going to this. I keep on hearing that this tournament is going to be the biggest Band Aid to date.

I talked to Wade last week and he said he currently has 4
"A" teams, 16 "B" teams, and 5 Intramural teams. All the teams ned up in the same bracket eventuaslly after pool play on Friday.