Need Help Bat never showed up.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Send a PM to AJ22 with all the info you have. See if he has any suggestions.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
I would ask for a copy of the sender's receipt he would have gotten from the post office (it would have amount paid, how it was sent, how much it weighed, and where it was sent) and also a copy of his copy of the delivery confirmation slip. That seems really the only way he could prove that he sent it to you. I keep all that paperwork until the receiver lets me know that he got the bat and everything is gtg.

Last edited:

Skips04

Addicted to Softballfans
I would ask for a copy of the sender's receipt he would have gotten from the post office (it would have amount paid, how it was sent, how much it weighed, and where it was sent) and also a copy of his copy of the delivery confirmation slip. That seems really the only way he could prove that he sent it to you. I keep all that paperwork until the receiver lets me know that he got the bat and everything is gtg.

I've asked for it, he didn't provide it for me. He never sent the bat, that's why he won't show it.

Thanks, aztec575. I think it's worth the trip to the bank to try this. Just like putting a stop payment on a check, I would assume. I'll take my lap top with me so I can prove what went on.

Got a helpful PM from a Postal Vet as well. I appreciate the info he gave me, it really helped out.

AJ22

Super Moderator
Saint posted the link to the thread. He hasn't logged on since I started this. Hopefully he'll come on and tell his side of the story. There's not much else I can put up here, the thread's linked and I've put up the shipping info the PO gave me for the DC # I was given. Here's his chance to defend himself and put up some paperwork proving what I was given wrong. If not, I think it's pretty clear what went on.

My activity shows he was on at 8:39 this evening.

I will start searching.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Did I misread things or was this not insured?

It is on the seller...and I'm still confused to why anyone sends as a gift. But then again, I don't trust anyone for exact reasons like this. Never pay as a gift and pay with a credit card to protect yourself further. I would contact the bank, say you purchased a bat and it was never received and see if they will open up a dispute. I've never done this with a bank but credit card companies do charge backs and that really gets PayPal moving on the investigation.

Even if everything is legit and he sent the bat, he still owes you a bat or a refund since it never got delivered to you. That is what insurance is for and it is on him to file a claim with USPS.

KangarooNokona

Kangabilly
go to your bank. I work with a bank and we have a section for disputes that if money is taken out of your account and the item you purchased was either not matching description or never recieved, they follow through with the PO and sender/seller. Since it came out of your account you should be in good standings! good luck

bmurph

Addicted to Softballfans
if this doesn't move forward with the seller then have a mod switch this over to a NGTG, don't want anyone else gettin ripped off while this gets sorted out

OregonCoast

Addicted to Softballfans
It's crap like this that makes it harder for others to sell/buy honestly on here, I'd put that guy on blast since he obviously doesn't give a damn about the confrontation!

There's gotta be something that SF can do to shut down accounts of people that do shady things like this, we need to weed out the bad guys!

AJ22

Super Moderator
HH, happen to know this guy?

Cheeks230 does. I sent a pm asking for any contact information on swiftbats he might have. His response was '' May I ask why? and yes I am able to get in contact with him. '' I sent him the link mto the thread ... that was all this morning before 8:30 CST. Cheeks230 has been back since then and I got no reply. Without the help of the board, I have searched half my day away looking for swiftbats. I can honestly say I am stumped ...

I would try and send a pm to Cheeks230.

-
http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=611952
http://forums.softballfans.com/search.php?searchid=17573141

AJ22

Super Moderator
Any updates on this?

Only update I can give is that Cheeks230 is not giving me any information on this guy. Cheeks230 also told me he has talked with swiftbats and swiftbats version is still the same.

I will say this ... if Cheeks230 has reached out, I truly appreciate this. Like he told me, there is always two sides to every story. The problem is this, its a 'story' filled with hearsay. I have seen Skips04's proof ... I (we) need to see proof from swiftbats. Swiftbats knows this thread exists but continues to dodge it.

All I am asking is proof of a receipt and or a delivery confirmation number that is updated with the proper information. If the weight is correct along with the proper postage (shipping) paid, we have to agree with what the shipping company is saying (USPS in this case). Otherwise, swiftbats is responsible for the lost. It isn't Skip04's fault that there is no insurance. It isn't Skip04's fault that the proper information hasn't been provided.

This is pretty simple ... either swiftbats comes forward with the correct information as requested or refunds the money asap. If neither happens, then I am asking Cheeks230 to do the right thing and provide some personal information so Skip04 is not out anything because of swiftbats actions.

Like I said, it is pretty simple ! If not, I guess I dig harder.

I (we) need to see proof from swiftbats. Swiftbats knows this thread exists but continues to dodge it.

I always understand there are 2 sides to every story, but I don't understand why people let their names get drug through the dirt and not explain themselves, but I can also understand working this out, outside of public view, but can look worse on yourself until it is resolved.

Thanks.

Not showing up to defend one self shows guilt, IMO.
I agree with this statement as I know if it was me I would atleast give my side of the story or say that we are working this out. I couldn't let someone continue to say things if there was another side to the story. But that is just my opinion.

AJ22

Super Moderator
Where we at with this ?

Cheeks230 ... do you have any additional information since you have been in contact with swiftbats ?

copper1150

DO OVER!!!
Getting the Police invloved is a great idea. He has shown to permanently deprive you of the property you paid for. That being said he has committed theft. With the amount of the bat it is most likely Felony Theft at that. You are covered with the paper work you have. I suggest going after him.

Ddubb9965

The Bauce
Is it too early to slap an OBD tag on the man temporarily so he can only come to the feedback section so we can get a reply out of him.

AJ22

Super Moderator
Is it too early to slap an OBD tag on the man temporarily so he can only come to the feedback section so we can get a reply out of him.

A littel update ...

I finally received a pm from swiftbats. I also received a pm from Skips04. It seems they are communicating, but I have yet to see some type of resolution to this.

Skips04 has shown a DC# that does not show a bat could possible match to the DC#. However, according to swiftbats, the DC# he provided shows delivered.

Skips04 - do you have the envelope ? If not, do you ahve any thing to show the post offices findings on what was supposedly delivered ?

swiftbats - can you provide a valid DC# showing the proper weight ? Why no insurance on a $300 bat ? Can you come up with anything from your post office showing the proper information needed to show what was delivered was actually a bat ? Again, the DC# that Skips04 shows does not show a package containing a bat. It shows an envelope ?? And the weight was 1 lb. ??

My suggestion ... I think we need a little more proof. However, a few things that do not side with swiftbats. For one, the cost to ship ... its a little more to ship a bat. Two, weight of the supposed package (envelope) that was delivered. And Three, why no insurance ?

If I was Skips04, I would go to the post office and file a MAIL FRAUD claim. That should get the ball rolling.

Skips04

Addicted to Softballfans
Nothing ever arrived here. The fact it was scanned as arrived and then delivered 1 minute later means it was delivered to a PO box. They don't remember exactly who it went to or where it came from.

Yes, swiftbats has been in contact with me throughout. I went to the Post Office today and they are unable to help me any further. All they know is what I've shown. They suggested I report this to the Postal Inspector and gave me the paperwork to get this going. They'll have all the means to figure this out. I told swiftbats this is the route I would like to take if he is unable to solve this on his end. If he sent the bat and somebody at USPS stole it and forged new shipping info, I would think they would be able to figure that out. I'm giving him resonable time to persue it on his end and won't fill out the paperwork until he feels that's the last resort as well.

bmurph

Addicted to Softballfans
if i were swiftbats i'd be concerned enough to at least provide what aj22 mentioned, at the very least something that shows the weight of the package. they always weigh the package right when i drop it off, what made your situation any different?