Bat You Wish They Still Made

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
Check your PMs. I just sent you a link. They got a bunch of hard to find bats, older Combats, Bass, Worth Mayhems, Orange Crush, PSTs. They even have an Easton Tiphoon if you wanted to drop $800 on a titanium. I got my last OG Psycho off there.

Last edited:

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Only those who hit one will know what I am talking about but nothing compares to an Easton Titanium. The feel of the ball off the bat with the velocity of the ball mixed with the pure look of disbelief of the fielders watching the ball was something else.
I'll be hitting with one of these in a few weeks

kw35

Addicted to Softballfans
OG MV1, not the reissue crap!
OG DC Psycho
Aluminum - PST and Doublewall Distance

hitsone

I will add my vote for the og Combat B1 DaBomb, the one with the composite endcap.
It was the only bat I ever went yard with. Once the endcap cracked Combat replaced it with the second year plastic one. I never went yard after.

baseman

in your face nancy grace
I love my SCN5 and wish they were still made for leagues like mine. We use grey dots and any bat you want. The SCN5 just fits my swing perfect. Also miss the Worth Wicked Comp. The original one.

CajunDude

Original LS Genesis and the original Mizuno TechFires. The Genesis was just a touch behind the Ultras in my opinion but it's durability was about 100 swings or something with the balls of that time. The TechFire was one that just fit my swing and seemed to make hitting .800 for a tourney almost easy. The old Easton Synergy+ was my next bat of choice after the TechFire back in those days.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I remember right out of high schooI used to swing OG Freaks for ASA and Boogers for USSSA. I wish that was still the case. At one point i hoarded about a half dozen of each.

lukeamdman

I started slowpitch in 2007 in my early 20s. First bat I ever bought was a 26oz SCN4. Still have it and still hits great. My brother in law has a 28oz SCN4 and SCN6.

I occasionally bring one of those to BP but they don't seem any better than the stuff today. Maybe even after all these years they're still not fully broken in? I only started doing consistent BP in the last year.

Powerhouse. I have collected a few. 15 years after their run they are pretty much all hidden in collections like mine.

blakcherry329

I started slowpitch in 2007 in my early 20s. First bat I ever bought was a 26oz SCN4. Still have it and still hits great. My brother in law has a 28oz SCN4 and SCN6.

I occasionally bring one of those to BP but they don't seem any better than the stuff today. Maybe even after all these years they're still not fully broken in? I only started doing consistent BP in the last year.
That's possible if you didn't play a lot. The balls today don't break in the older bats in a timely fashion. lol

Intensity47

TPS 2004 SB105 Cytalast. I bought it when it came out and still swing it today. There is no mistaking the sound of that bat, and I still turn my head whenever I hear one. This bat will blister one through the infield or drop a bomb when needed. I've told myself that I will hang up my cleats when this finally gives out. I sure hope it has a few good years left in it.