Bat You Wish They Still Made

ABLXTRA

veteran
Your not supposed to use the handle to hit the ball, But you are right . 98% of the bats mentioned are composite . The composites and larger barreled bats ruined this game we love . You had to know how hit to create power with your mechanics with aluminum . I have seen some god awful swings with composite and the ball goes 300+

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Worth Wicked Composite. The composite shell, with the metal inner sleeve, and metal handle. That bat was crazy.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Nice. I get to hit 44/375's in senior ball. You should see what a Dudley Lightning Legend does with them.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Your not supposed to use the handle to hit the ball, But you are right . 98% of the bats mentioned are composite . The composites and larger barreled bats ruined this game we love . You had to know how hit to create power with your mechanics with aluminum . I have seen some god awful swings with composite and the ball goes 300+

I think part of that is the size of the sweetspot. With a composite bat, you have at least twice the sweetspot an aluminum bat has... especially if its one of those ridiculous 13.5" barrels.

I think it takes pretty much zero athletic talent to create distance with today's composite bats.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Worth Wicked Composite. The composite shell, with the metal inner sleeve, and metal handle. That bat was crazy.

3DXs were pretty much the same thing. Very good bats, especially against hard balls. Durable too. The 3DX also has zero trouble with .52s.

Normy

I just wish our league would go single wall. Even with 52's, today's bats make pitching the least desirable position on the field. Got lit up quite a few times last year and look more like a baseball catcher these days. Too many home runs and not enough finesse. But, to answer your question, '13 orange DBA.