Bats in a dugout

go5586

Addicted to Softballfans
Saw this at our games yesterday morning....

Dude walked up to field with 4 salvos in his bat pack and 2 more in his hands..all his. 6 total salvos :eek::eek::confused:

Some were obviously shaved as he cracked one mid at bat and switched to another and we're hitting rockets. It's ok we swept them :rolleyes:

Bringing me to my question.....does anyone carry more than 2 of the same bat to game? Ever seen a team or player with that many of the same bat?

RNappy20

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah you see that all the time when people really like a certain bat. my brother has like 5 wse resmondo titians. he loves them, all the same size and everything. he swings them until they are broke in and then puts them up until one breaks, then uses another one. but yeah also just cause he is hitting missles with a salvo doesn't mean they are shaved. i had a webbed up salvo with around 1500 swings on it that got called out all the time until it broke during a game so i finished it off and showed it to all the teams that thought it was cut. those bats are legit when broke it, and they sound like shotguns too.

hatemail

Starting Player
i showup with 2 scn2's to league...tourneys i showup with 3 or 4...imo its more logical than guys showing up with 4 different bats for 1 game....

joesmoe2012

Insane Dedication
I bring a 26 and 27 salvo to each game plus my new salvo comp 98. 6 may be overkill but maybe that was what he was going for.

go5586

Addicted to Softballfans
I bring a 26 and 27 salvo to each game plus my new salvo comp 98. 6 may be overkill but maybe that was what he was going for.

Haha was def overkill. Had his elite pullover on with elite pants and turfs :rolleyes: .... One of those guys.

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
I've got 3 og 27 balanced psychos at all times

And a teammate has 3 psycho SE

go5586

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah you see that all the time when people really like a certain bat. my brother has like 5 wse resmondo titians. he loves them, all the same size and everything. he swings them until they are broke in and then puts them up until one breaks, then uses another one. but yeah also just cause he is hitting missles with a salvo doesn't mean they are shaved. i had a webbed up salvo with around 1500 swings on it that got called out all the time until it broke during a game so i finished it off and showed it to all the teams that thought it was cut. those bats are legit when broke it, and they sound like shotguns too.

Yeah I hear ya bro. He basically admitted it was when I asked if he cracked it. The same team was also using a synergy2 until I called it out. The ump had no idea and said let it go :eek:

tippin20s

A buddy of mine, who is also on these boards, owns these. This pic is just his non-gamer salvos.
ResizedImage951334964521412.jpg

tmpnick16

Addicted to Softballfans
No it's not weird. I used to carry around a 26 & 28 2010 Titan to Utrip tourneys. Carried 3 Phenix's to ASA tourneys. Have a buddy that carries 2 Cartels. Another buddy that carries 2 Cartels and 2 Z1000s.

ATL Rookie

Manager
I carry 3 bats to every game. 26 FL AV if they play me off the lf line too far. 27 Catty I can place the ball anywhere with, especially oppo, and a 27 Z slump buster.

ninerniner

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes. On my team:
SCN3 x4
SCN5 x4
Z1000 x3 (maybe 4)
SCX3 x3

Hell in my bag I have 2 Freak+s, 2 SCN5s

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
Its hard to find a team around here that doesn't have several Salvo's. They are an awesome bat for the money and get hotter the more you use them. Some teams like having different degrees of broken in bats. For tournaments I always carry a couple different weights just in case.

go5586

Addicted to Softballfans
Guess this is more common than I thought! I bring all 3 of my bats each game too. Guess I gotta get out to more tourney ball.

miken-mv1

Addicted to Softballfans
And theres a good chance if dude was actually in full gear and not picked it up online that he plays upper ball at some
Point and has the salvos from that team

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports
I have a gamer z-1000 and a NIW z-1000. The NIW is ready for action when the sad day finally comes.

cyoung187

Coach
6 of the same bat, same weight to a game seems a little shady. Extreamely unlikely that even 2 stock salvos would break in 1 game, much less 5. I'd put money on at least 1 of them being shaved.

squirt

strokin and swingin
6 of the same bat, same weight to a game seems a little shady. Extreamely unlikely that even 2 stock salvos would break in 1 game, much less 5. I'd put money on at least 1 of them being shaved.

Maybe the guy has more money than he knows what to do with... Or maybe he just likes the Salvos that much to have that many. or maybe, he supplies the bats for the team and always has a backup since one can break at anytime.

It seems like everyone is being accused of cheating now, just because the guy can get the ball out of the infield.

I got asked to play on my buddy's team this past weekend and they were playing against guys that I know swing legit sticks. The thing is, these guys were top level guys, some of those balls were the hardest hit damn balls I have ever seen and I was playing 3rd. YES, my life flashed before my eyes a few times that day...:eek:

hell, i've even thought of adding a few Salvos to my collection, they really are just that f'in good!!!

go5586

Addicted to Softballfans
Maybe the guy has more money than he knows what to do with... Or maybe he just likes the Salvos that much to have that many. or maybe, he supplies the bats for the team and always has a backup since one can break at anytime.

It seems like everyone is being accused of cheating now, just because the guy can get the ball out of the infield.

I got asked to play on my buddy's team this past weekend and they were playing against guys that I know swing legit sticks. The thing is, these guys were top level guys, some of those balls were the hardest hit damn balls I have ever seen and I was playing 3rd. YES, my life flashed before my eyes a few times that day...:eek:

hell, i've even thought of adding a few Salvos to my collection, they really are just that f'in good!!!

Couldn't agree more man. They were hitting the ball hard no doubt. They were def good players. But a few times they did come up with a shaved one and hit it a mile :eek:. Didn't use it every at bat thought. Only about 2 or 3 guys used any salvo. The others all used their scn9 or synergy2. As long as they don't hit middle with them it really doesn't bother me (I pitch).

squirt

strokin and swingin
Couldn't agree more man. They were hitting the ball hard no doubt. They were def good players. But a few times they did come up with a shaved one and hit it a mile :eek:. Didn't use it every at bat thought. Only about 2 or 3 guys used any salvo. The others all used their scn9 or synergy2. As long as they don't hit middle with them it really doesn't bother me (I pitch).

Cheating definitely sucks but in this day and age, just about everyone cheats at something... homework, taxes, spouses

Honestly if a guy's claim to fame is he can hit a softball 350'+, then I feel pretty sorry for the guy...:( and if he has to do it using a cut stick, then I feel for him even more.:(:(:(

Last edited:

Gerdass

Addicted to Softballfans
I can see owning 6 of the same bat, but bringing them all to a game seems odd.

But my bet, rather than cheating (even though it's a possibility), it's more likely that he just thinks he looks cool by bringing all of those bats to the game.